The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 09-08-2016, 07:14 AM
bwboy bwboy is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 834
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
The Fleetwood Mac name would sell more than Lindsey Buckingham. Those two are not on equal ground. It would also sell more than a Stevie Nicks album at this point.
A FM album without Stevie would not sell more than a Stevie album.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 09-08-2016, 08:27 AM
BlueDenimLamp's Avatar
BlueDenimLamp BlueDenimLamp is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
A FM album without Stevie would not sell more than a Stevie album.
And the last FM record without Stevie sold how many copies???
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 09-08-2016, 01:12 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 5,312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
And the last FM record without Stevie sold how many copies???
Stevie not being on "Time" isn't the sole reason for its failure. There were too many new people with that album . . . and that was just at the label. Mo Ostin and Lenny Waronker, who both firmly prioritized Fleetwood Mac for years, left Warner Music in August, 1994. The new bean counters didn't have that loyalty, and promoted the band accordingly.

Of course, the band expecting fans to warm up to a new lineup most didn't know was a little much to ask. That was a major part of their history between 1967-74, but the game had changed by 1995. Although, to be fair to the band, it's not like "Out of the Cradle" or "Street Angel" amounted to much in the way of sales. If Stevie had been involved, "Time" would have gone from being a miserable failure to a slightly less miserable failure.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
Stephen Hopkins

https://www.facebook.com/Espy.Hopkins ; @espyhop)
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 09-08-2016, 01:28 PM
bwboy bwboy is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 834
Default

Fleetwood Mac must feel the same way, or they would release an album without Stevie.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 09-08-2016, 04:32 PM
olive olive is offline
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Global
Posts: 2,617
Default

Kind sad she spent the first have of the year until July 5th with her dog who was dying
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 09-08-2016, 05:02 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 8,994
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
Kind sad she spent the first have of the year until July 5th with her dog who was dying
instead of recording with FM. yeah.

it's pretty clear that she doesn't want to "like record that album like why would she like". there will always be some reason or another why, as has been since 2008.

FM should move on and put album out without her.
__________________
"You know you should never believe what you read."
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 09-20-2016, 07:04 PM
BlueDenimLamp's Avatar
BlueDenimLamp BlueDenimLamp is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,112
Default

Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 09-20-2016, 09:28 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10,485
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post

Everytime I see those gloves I think of someone with carpal tunnel.. lol
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 09-20-2016, 10:02 PM
Macfanforever's Avatar
Macfanforever Macfanforever is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Wallyworld CT
Posts: 10,537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
Kind sad she spent the first have of the year until July 5th with her dog who was dying
Oh no.Thats sad.
__________________
Skip R........

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 09-20-2016, 10:22 PM
Macfanforever's Avatar
Macfanforever Macfanforever is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Wallyworld CT
Posts: 10,537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Stevie not being on "Time" isn't the sole reason for its failure. There were too many new people with that album . . . and that was just at the label. Mo Ostin and Lenny Waronker, who both firmly prioritized Fleetwood Mac for years, left Warner Music in August, 1994. The new bean counters didn't have that loyalty, and promoted the band accordingly.

Of course, the band expecting fans to warm up to a new lineup most didn't know was a little much to ask. That was a major part of their history between 1967-74, but the game had changed by 1995. Although, to be fair to the band, it's not like "Out of the Cradle" or "Street Angel" amounted to much in the way of sales. If Stevie had been involved, "Time" would have gone from being a miserable failure to a slightly less miserable failure.
I like Time.They did not give enough time to catch on."Pun intended".
the 1987 tour and the 1990 outing with the two new boys in the band did great but I miss Lindsey .The Mac had its share of its employment issues like your local shops or warehouses where there is a revolving door an a continuous stream of people that quit/fired going out and new hires are coming in. .Today with FM and including now .If they"The Mac"Demanded Stevie to record .She should go and do it .Its her employer .Employment insubordination .Any of us try to delay or not obey orders from our employer and end up getting demoted or get FIRED.
__________________
Skip R........

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 09-21-2016, 02:45 AM
johnnystorms's Avatar
johnnystorms johnnystorms is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: new orleans
Posts: 696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I like Time.They did not give enough time to catch on."Pun intended".
the 1987 tour and the 1990 outing with the two new boys in the band did great but I miss Lindsey .The Mac had its share of its employment issues like your local shops or warehouses where there is a revolving door an a continuous stream of people that quit/fired going out and new hires are coming in. .Today with FM and including now .If they"The Mac"Demanded Stevie to record .She should go and do it .Its her employer .Employment insubordination .Any of us try to delay or not obey orders from our employer and end up getting demoted or get FIRED.
That's just silly. FM is not Stevie's "employer".
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 12-26-2016, 02:58 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 24,625
Default

L. A. Music Blog December 14th, 2016 Zein Khleif

http://lamusicblog.com/2016/12/news/...cks-the-forum/

SHOW PREVIEW: STEVIE NICKS @ THE FORUM
The 24 Karat Gold Tour is in full swing!

The ďReigning Queen of Rock and Roll,Ē Stevie Nicks, will be gracing The Forumís stage on Sunday, December 18th. The 24 Karat Gold Tour, which just grew by another 25 dates, has Nicks and special guests The Pretenders traveling across the United States (with a stop in Vancouver) until April 2017.
Originally making her name with Fleetwood Mac in 1975, the ďLandslideĒ singer launched her solo career in the early 1980s. She has released eight solo albums and has collectively sold 140 million records to date. Her most recent LP, 2014ís 24 Karat Gold: Songs from the Vault, features 14 tracks ó all re-recorded from unreleased demos spanning the entirety of her career. Thatís over 30 years worth of perspective on songs about love, loss, and healing.

The longevity of her career in such a finicky business truly astounds me. Very few artists have had as much success, over as much time, as Stevie Nicks. Her raspy voice and iconic style have been receiving rave reviews by journalists and fans alike.

Iím wholly upset that Iíll be out of town during her LA show (if only I hadnít purchased my non-refundable holiday air fare!). But knowing Nicks is still the same passionate, mysterious, and vibrant musician that I grew up listening to gives me hope that Iíll witness her greatness at a later date down the road.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 12-29-2016, 10:05 AM
jcalzaretta jcalzaretta is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 424
Default

I am torn. I think she should record with the band for Christine. And Christine should talk to Lindsey about making this enjoyable for Stevie. That includes being respectful of how she wants her songs to sound. That seemed to be the major contention. If she can get her songs like she wants them, I think she can record. She still has a lot of demos to use - more than she needs for SFTV, II.

But I do agree that she did put this tour on hold for FM and so we should remember that.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee
$799.99
Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee pictureRARE STEVIE NICKS PHOTO DISC 500 IN ALL
$99.99
RARE STEVIE NICKS    PHOTO DISC 500    IN ALL  pictureFleetwood Mac Poster Album Promo Say You Will 2-Sided Stevie Nicks Mick
$49.99
Fleetwood Mac Poster Album Promo Say You Will 2-Sided Stevie Nicks Mick pictureStevie Nicks Poster Of Fleetwood Mac Time Space
$49.99
Stevie Nicks Poster Of Fleetwood Mac Time Space pictureStevie Nicks Poster Bob Masse Artist Fleetwood Mac
$49.99
Stevie Nicks Poster Bob Masse Artist Fleetwood Mac picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved