User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-02-2014, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
In the "IYD" book Stevie lists her management as "HK Management...Howard Kaufman and Sheryl Louis"
No mention of Azoff
This is correct.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The return of Mark Needham concerns me. I did not care for his contribution to the Say You Will album and thought there was an unpleasant murkiness throughout many of the songs. I remember Stevie's hesitation regarding having Needham mix the album, but then didn't he also end up doing some mixing work on her "Crystal Visions" collection a few years later?

I understand that the band has traditionally recorded without Stevie until she was required, but I honestly thought all members were now at a stage in their lives where they would want to be together, especially on this occasion. It needn't be just about collaboration, but a demonstration of commitment and support. I guess I was hoping that Christine's return and John's illness would make everyone approach the situation in a more inclusive, mature way. I acknowledge the past difficulties between Lindsey and Stevie, but I do get the impression that Lindsey is genuine about wanting to move beyond their emotional baggage and create together in a meaningful way. He has spoken of his desire for them to co-write since the SYW days and properly collaborate on songs from scratch, seemingly so that Stevie would have complete input and not be dissatisfied with the final result. It should also be remembered that upon the completion of the IYD sessions in late 2010, Dave Stewart actually suggested to Stevie that she needed to find a way to co-write with Lindsey so he can't be the stumbling block between them.

When Lindsey speaks of Stevie's complicated needs, it clearly is a none-too-veiled comment on her unwillingness to properly cooperate. Whilst I understand Stevie's position and that she most probably thought these last couple of weeks were an opportune time to knock out some solo recordings, she could potentially piss everyone off by not being present for the Mac, especially if she hasn't already submitted some material of worth. She may not ordinarily care about the fall-out, but Christine is now back in the fold and I suspect she will not easily tolerate Stevie's absence. I wanted Christine to realise how far Stevie has come in terms of her capability and work ethic in the studio these days, but worry she'll just think these latest proceedings are reminiscent of the Tango sessions. If Stevie just decides to breeze in once the bulk of the work has been done, surely this won't sit well with the others, regardless of whether they demonstrate it or not. (I was secretly hoping Christine had attended some of the Nashville recording sessions, if only to gain some insight into what Stevie is currently doing and ensure all was well between them. Of course, this may have happened, but there doesn't seem to be any confirmation of such.)

I guess the best we can hope for at this stage is that Stevie does eventually contribute strong songs to the Mac album and works well with the band once she is present. Hopefully when they tour later this year, the experience will be a positive one and Stevie will feel enthused about contributing to a band album. She needs to be invested in such an undertaking if it's to truly work.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
The return of Mark Needham concerns me. I did not care for his contribution to the Say You Will album and thought there was an unpleasant murkiness throughout many of the songs. I remember Stevie's hesitation regarding having Needham mix the album, but then didn't he also end up doing some mixing work on her "Crystal Visions" collection a few years later?

I understand that the band has traditionally recorded without Stevie until she was required, but I honestly thought all members were now at a stage in their lives where they would want to be together, especially on this occasion. It needn't be just about collaboration, but a demonstration of commitment and support. I guess I was hoping that Christine's return and John's illness would make everyone approach the situation in a more inclusive, mature way. I acknowledge the past difficulties between Lindsey and Stevie, but I do get the impression that Lindsey is genuine about wanting to move beyond their emotional baggage and create together in a meaningful way. He has spoken of his desire for them to co-write since the SYW days and properly collaborate on songs from scratch, seemingly so that Stevie would have complete input and not be dissatisfied with the final result. It should also be remembered that upon the completion of the IYD sessions in late 2010, Dave Stewart actually suggested to Stevie that she needed to find a way to co-write with Lindsey so he can't be the stumbling block between them.

When Lindsey speaks of Stevie's complicated needs, it clearly is a none-too-veiled comment on her unwillingness to properly cooperate. Whilst I understand Stevie's position and that she most probably thought these last couple of weeks were an opportune time to knock out some solo recordings, she could potentially piss everyone off by not being present for the Mac, especially if she hasn't already submitted some material of worth. She may not ordinarily care about the fall-out, but Christine is now back in the fold and I suspect she will not easily tolerate Stevie's absence. I wanted Christine to realise how far Stevie has come in terms of her capability and work ethic in the studio these days, but worry she'll just think these latest proceedings are reminiscent of the Tango sessions. If Stevie just decides to breeze in once the bulk of the work has been done, surely this won't sit well with the others, regardless of whether they demonstrate it or not. (I was secretly hoping Christine had attended some of the Nashville recording sessions, if only to gain some insight into what Stevie is currently doing and ensure all was well between them. Of course, this may have happened, but there doesn't seem to be any confirmation of such.)

I guess the best we can hope for at this stage is that Stevie does eventually contribute strong songs to the Mac album and works well with the band once she is present. Hopefully when they tour later this year, the experience will be a positive one and Stevie will feel enthused about contributing to a band album. She needs to be invested in such an undertaking if it's to truly work.
Needham mixed the "Live" tracks on CV...
Lord-Alge mixed "IYD"
Old 05-03-2014, 02:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy4life View Post
First, I am a woman, not a man.
Second, I highlighted the most appalling and offensive comments because they were my point.

I like to back up what I am talking about. Thanks.
Oops, sorry, my bad!

I thought that "cherry picked" meant picking only comments which support your argument, which is what you did. You picked a bunch of quotes vaguely related to what you were saying and then indulged yourself by having a good old rant.

You ignored all the other positive comments that did not back up what you said.

Last edited by secret love; 05-03-2014 at 02:11 AM..
Old 05-03-2014, 02:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post

I understand that the band has traditionally recorded without Stevie until she was required, but I honestly thought all members were now at a stage in their lives where they would want to be together, especially on this occasion. It needn't be just about collaboration, but a demonstration of commitment and support. I guess I was hoping that Christine's return and John's illness would make everyone approach the situation in a more inclusive, mature way.
Bingo!

That's what's so irritating about the current dynamic.
Old 05-03-2014, 02:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
. She's talked plenty about how he's helped her out and improved her songs. And I really see very few Stevie fans who think Lindsey has ruined EVERY song of her since Mirage. Slight exaggeration there. Yes, some people think he cocked up on certain songs on SYW in particular but while some may think he hasn't brought anything TO them, I doubt many think he's made ALL of them worse. )
I loved what he did on a number of her SYW tunes. Yes, they were pretty much worked out before she brought them to the band (she has her own cadre of musicians to help with demos, etc.) but I do see the core trio of FM men putting their stamp on them, especially on "Destiny Rules," "Everybody Finds Out," and "Illume."

Some of her songs in SYW are duds, but then so are a few of Lindsey's as well. He can't be blamed for the quality (or lack thereof) of Stevie FM sings after 1982. It wasn't until SYW that she really brought top quality material back to the band.
Old 05-03-2014, 02:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
The Christine fans are what makes the ledge worth all of it.
You know it! And I wasn't ignoring responses to my spirit catcher observations. Yesterday was a travel day for me(and The Ledge isn't very android friendly - especially while driving, lol), and today was a two job day.

I'm sure that Stevie doesn't care that some people think she's a loon, for still embracing such "hippie" things in 2014. She's timeless...

I can't wait to hear the Lindsey/Chris efforts!
Old 05-03-2014, 03:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Oops, sorry, my bad!

I thought that "cherry picked" meant picking only comments which support your argument, which is what you did. You picked a bunch of quotes vaguely related to what you were saying and then indulged yourself by having a good old rant.

You ignored all the other positive comments that did not back up what you said.
The majority of this thread is infested with the same old negative, disrespectful & tiresome comments regarding SN, obviously the select few get some kind of STRANGE satisfaction or pleasure ranting all day everyday on here expressing their dislike for a certain member of the band..
Old 05-03-2014, 03:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

that said....... if you think nobody should criticize your favorite member or have a little fun at their expense, maybe you need to just stay in the forum that's dedicated to that specific member. i took a look into SN forum and there's tons of spitting on LB's musical contributions as well as name-calling of his fans - but it's SN forum, a place where her fans can play together and enjoy their groupthink.
I just don't see this level of ridiculing Lindsey or his fans over in the Stevie forum (maybe I need to look into older threads). They don't seem to play at Lindsey piss taking

I think some of us were just trying to point out that this thread had at points turned into a Stevie bitch fest, when it was supposed to be about Christine/Lindsey in the studio.

Yes its ok for everyone to say whatever they like about band members, and its ok for people to express how distasteful they find certain comments.
Old 05-03-2014, 07:57 AM
Registered

Here Is I'm A Jazz Man

http://www.itemvn.com/song/?s=C0221FEC8E

You Can Listen To It And You Can Tell It Is A Family Man Remix
Old 05-03-2014, 08:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Obviously Stevie is hippie dippie; that's her schtick, always has been. But she also lived in Arizona for much of her life. Have you ever spent much time in the southwest? Native American culture/art/traditions/beliefs/etc are far more ingrained as a part of the collective consciousness there than the rest of the US. Folks display things like spirit catchers & such with little or no irony. Plus, when it comes to things like that... it's subliminal. If you believe that a particular object will bring good luck/vibes/whatever, that'll be in the back of your & everyone else's minds every time you see it. The spirit catcher could have been Stevie's way of saying "be nice. I'm the only girl left now." Kind of like the way people wearing crosses reminds you of their faith, and the way you should interact with them.
She should name her album Spirit Catcher.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
I just don't see this level of ridiculing Lindsey or his fans over in the Stevie forum (maybe I need to look into older threads). They don't seem to play at Lindsey piss taking
Both have been characterized as narcissistic divas by members of the other's fan groups... Probably because that's true for both to a degree. I love them anyway!

Old 05-03-2014, 09:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yes, i've noticed that interesting tidbit of info thrown in too! like they are saying "ok, you don't want to be here, guess what, we'll do whatever we want then!" unfortunately that still stopped short of releasing the album. if Needham is there, that would mean all these songs are not just recorded but already mixed.
I got the impression that he's engineering the album at the minute, not necessarily mixing it (yet).

I'm really, really, really glad to hear this because I think it needs a dedicated person to work on best microphone placements, acoustics etc. I think Lindsey's engineering skills need supplemented because I think he's more interested in production that engineering and sometimes it slips. The (slightly) lo-fi approach works great for his solo work but FM needs pristine sound and high quality engineering.

(I haven't read all the posts yet so sorry if this has been addressed before me)
Old 05-03-2014, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
I got the impression that he's engineering the album at the minute, not necessarily mixing it (yet).

I'm really, really, really glad to hear this because I think it needs a dedicated person to work on best microphone placements, acoustics etc. I think Lindsey's engineering skills need supplemented because I think he's more interested in production that engineering and sometimes it slips. The (slightly) lo-fi approach works great for his solo work but FM needs pristine sound and high quality engineering.

(I haven't read all the posts yet so sorry if this has been addressed before me)
no it hasn't been addressed, and you are very right, as usual. i was thinking the same after re-reading the article and seeing it says engineer Mark Needham. plus it wouldn't make sense to already mix the songs, since it's apparent they are still waiting and open to get Nicks on board.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-03-2014, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
no it hasn't been addressed, and you are very right, as usual. i was thinking the same after re-reading the article and seeing it says engineer Mark Needham. plus it wouldn't make sense to already mix the songs, since it's apparent they are still waiting and open to get Nicks on board.

Looks like Stevie's record is moving right along...

Stevie should be back in L.A. shortly to pick up her BMI Icon award so maybe she'll hook up with FM then...