Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-22-2014, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
That is GREAT news
The big question is what will Lindsey's involvement with her songs ultimately be???
i hope no involvement whatsoever. just look at this thread and others here and all the bitc*ing about SYW, still. i'm sick and tired of it. of course, if he's not involved and SN's songs turn our crappy, i'm sure SN and everybody else will have no problems finding the way to blame him then also.

but basically this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think it's best that Lindsey stays out of Stevie's songs. If they are done in concert, then he can play on them in concert just as he does (and it's limited at that) on Stand Back. Calumny, indeed. I just don't want to be bothered with it. I don't want to read about it in interviews. I don't want his name on her songs as a musician or producer. I guess he can sing on them, if someone wants him to, but it really shouldn't be a concern. That was fine when it lasted, but we're 10 years away from SYW and 10 years from now some of them will be octogenerians or dead. I don't want a whole lot of accusations about this album to still be flying around in 2024.

We're only talking about 3-4 songs anyway. Maybe the album won't sound coherent, but if 2/3 of it does, who cares about the rest? I don't. At this point I've given up on having another full Mac album. Even if we only get 8 "Fleetwood Mac" songs, that's better than having none. I just want her to do whatever she is doing in her corner of the world and have fun over there.

I think when we began to dream of Christine returning, many of us always envisioned this album as Tango, not Rumours. Tango, with Christine and Lindsey and then Stevie, separate. I was perfectly happy with Tango and the work Christine and Lindsey did together. For Stevie, hopefully together she and Dave can come up with something somewhat better that WTTRS.

I hope they do this and get an album out in 2015 for the second leg of the tour.

Michele
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I'm not upset at all with any of the above. Whatever works best with her songs. She's dedicated and that's half the battle.
yes. just get that album out. in 2014 would be nice.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-22-2014, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

yes. just get that album out. in 2014 would be nice.
You won't give up hope that it will be this year? Well, we do have a lot of time left in 2014. And they could do it if they wanted to, I just don't think that's their plan.

Michele
Old 04-22-2014, 11:45 AM

Quote:
You won't give up hope that it will be this year? Well, we do have a lot of time left in 2014. And they could do it if they wanted to, I just don't think that's their plan.

Michele
I think they'll cash in for this year with Christine as the money/hit maker.
I think they'll tour the new album in 2015

2014 Greatest Hits Tour (On With The Show)
2015 Everybody Finds Out It Was Lindsey's Fault Tour
Old 04-22-2014, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

After seeing the latest info, my guess is that they are working out demos and he is probably co writing/arranging. I'm hoping she will then bring those songs to FM. He did say "upcoming" FM project. I'm sure he's going to produce those songs once they bring them to FM. If she entirely left Lindsey out of the process that would be pretty douchey.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I think they'll cash in for this year with Christine as the money/hit maker.
I think they'll tour the new album in 2015

2014 Greatest Hits Tour (On With The Show)
2015 Everybody Finds Out It Was Lindsey's Fault Tour
It's tricky, because if we thought they had saturated the market in 2004, what in the world are they doing now? The second leg will be mostly Europe and Australia. There are some places in the U.S. that they aren't hitting this year, but not enough for them to do another full scale tour in the states. So, I wonder what the venues will look like in 2015. I guess if they don't start until the summer time they can do sheds.

Well, anyway, we know we're covered in southern California. They will play here even if they don't play anywhere else.

Michele
Old 04-22-2014, 12:15 PM

Quote:
It's tricky, because if we thought they had saturated the market in 2004, what in the world are they doing now? The second leg will be mostly Europe and Australia. There are some places in the U.S. that they aren't hitting this year, but not enough for them to do another full scale tour in the states. So, I wonder what the venues will look like in 2015. I guess if they don't start until the summer time they can do sheds.

Well, anyway, we know we're covered in southern California. They will play here even if they don't play anywhere else.

Michele
Well I think you hit it on the head. Euro/Aus break.. rest of US then break... then 2015/16 tour for new album?? If they do an album, they will definitely have to tour to promote it.

I wish somebody would interview one of them already and ask about the album.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
After seeing the latest info, my guess is that they are working out demos and he is probably co writing/arranging. I'm hoping she will then bring those songs to FM. He did say "upcoming" FM project. I'm sure he's going to produce those songs once they bring them to FM. If she entirely left Lindsey out of the process that would be pretty douchey.
We don't know for sure if and to what extent Lindsey's involvement with Stevie's songs will be so to say she is the one excluding LB at this point is complete speculation because it's entirely possible that because of Stevie's insistence that Dave be involved that Lindsey is the one that is choosing not to be involved in the process...
Old 04-22-2014, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We don't know for sure if and to what extent Lindsey's involvement with Stevie's songs will be so to say she is the one excluding LB at this point is complete speculation because it's entirely possible that because of Stevie's insistence that Dave be involved that Lindsey is the one that is choosing not to be involved in the process...

....which I hope is totally the case. Because if he doesn't like the endresult HE can blow the bomb and back out of the project.

Come on people, how can this end into a Fleetwood mac album?

Old 04-22-2014, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It seems more likely, considering Stevie's feelings towards working with Lindsey, that it was her decision to work without Lindsey right now.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
It seems more likely, considering Stevie's feelings towards working with Lindsey, that it was her decision to work without Lindsey right now.
I have to agree with this. I keep remembering how she included the whole "Bob Dylan" exchange between herself and LB in the IYD documentary. I didn't think it was necessary to include it but Stevie obviously still feels very strongly, 10 plus years later, about that experience. She most likely hasn't let it go.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 04-22-2014, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Having Dave " work" on a few songs can work within the making of a Fleetwood Mac album. If this is a piece of the process to get this album out this year then let it happen.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:58 PM

Quote:

Michele
Here are some cities that they have not hit the first time around. Some are arguable due to the to proximity to other cities.

CLEVELAND
CHARLOTTE
SAN ANTONIO
SAN FRANCISCO
MIAMI
BALTIMORE
CINCINATTI
ST LOUIS
KANSAS CITY
MINEAPOLIS
LAS VEGAS
NEW ORLEANS
BUFFALO
MEMPHIS
NASHVILLE
SALT LAKE CITY
JACKSONVILLE
GREEN BAY
MILWAUKEE
AUSTIN
LITTLE ROCK
EL PASO
Old 04-22-2014, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
I have to agree with this. I keep remembering how she included the whole "Bob Dylan" exchange between herself and LB in the IYD documentary. I didn't think it was necessary to include it but Stevie obviously still feels very strongly, 10 plus years later, about that experience. She most likely hasn't let it go.
The whole strain between Stevie and Lindsey regarding her songs goes all the way back at least as far as "Bella Donna"...Remember when they were recording "Mirage" and Stevie gave Lindsey a special signed copy of her debut solo album and Lindsey wouldn't even touch it and it ended up sitting on the floor leaning on a wall for weeks until Stevie finally crossed out Lindsey's name and gave it to someone else...I realize that was a long time ago but I don't think his attitude towards her songs has changed much over the years and if it has it was fairly recent...

Last edited by BlueDenimLamp; 04-22-2014 at 01:06 PM..
Old 04-22-2014, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The whole strain between Stevie and Lindsey regarding her songs goes all the way back at least as far as "Bella Donna"...Remember when they were recording "Mirage" and Stevie gave Lindsey a special signed copy of her debut solo album and Lindsey wouldn't even touch it and it ended up sitting on the floor leaning on a wall for weeks until Stevie finally crossed out Lindsey's name and gave it to someone else...I realize that was a long time ago but I don't think his attitude towards her songs has changed much over the years and if it has it was fairly recent...
Yes. And then he arranged Gypsy. Nuff said.

Old 04-22-2014, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There was that one time when Lindsey actually complimented Trouble In Shangri-la. Stevie mentioned it a couple of times during interviews that era - he said to her that it was the best work she'd ever done! He went on to praise John Shanks for doing a great job with Planets Of The Universe. Of course, it took Stevie writing 2 new verses and completely changing the structure of that song for it to really work. She did the same thing magnificently with Lady From The Mountain into Moonlight. That song needed a chorus. And she wrote a beauty. Just took the right kind of "strange" inspiration.