The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-03-2014, 05:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know about you all, but there is something very final about all of these videos and the raw emotions. Yes, the evening was special and full of high emotion, but it seemed like the last stop for this current lineup of Fleetwood Mac. When you think about it, they have been through so much within the past 12 years just the 4 of them without Christine. They have all gone through personal triumphs and devastation, and in way all of that is coming to a close as the old lineup resumes with Chris' return. This very well could be the last time these 4 will play as just the four of them.

Last edited by sywlindseyfan; 01-03-2014 at 12:11 PM.. Reason: because keys on my keyboard don't work, and I am always to excited to check what I post.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:43 AM
Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Have y'all watched this???

This is why Stevie Nicks Rules!!!

Best live version since- ever!!!
That was definitely one of the best SS ever! Thanks for posting it! I love how she pointed at him, that was great
Old 01-03-2014, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sywlindseyfan View Post
I don't know about you all, but there is something very final about ll of these videos and the raw emotions. Yes, the evening was special and full of high emotion, but it seemed like the last stop for this current lineup of Fleetwood Mac. When you think about it, they have been through so much within the past 12 years just the of them without Christine. They have all gone through personal triumphs and devastation and in way all of that is coming to a close as the old lineup resumes with Chris' return. This very well could be the last time these 4 will play as just the four of them.
yes. that was exactly the vibe i was getting during that whole show, mainly from Stevie. she was exuberant and celebratory throughout the show, exponentially more than at any other shows i've seen on this tour, and then completely crashed at the end. like it's the end of an era.

or maybe that's just how i wanted to interpret it because i'd like to see Christine back from now on.

i was sure they won't get out on the road the whole next year, and was completely shocked when Lindsey said they'll be back next summer, and then Stevie repeated it in the mic. i'm hoping the summer gigs will be to re-introduce Christine and show-off some new songs.

also, i really liked what Lindsey said in that BBC interview how the 4 have developed a certain chemistry over these years, but when Christine was back with them, even just socially, the chemistry of the 5 is just something completely different, like the missing piece of the puzzle is finally back.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-03-2014, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yes. that was exactly the vibe i was getting during that whole show, mainly from Stevie. she was exuberant and celebratory throughout the show, exponentially more than at any other shows i've seen on this tour, and then completely crashed at the end. like it's the end of an era.
Yes, I'm glad you see it too. And I trust Stevie and her emotions, she is an artist, she has deep feelings and connections, and she knows when something is happening. She can feel it in her bones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
or maybe that's just how i wanted to interpret it because i'd like to see Christine back from now on.
I had this same thought, but I think it's true. There has been a new awakening for this band, and I think we are all in for the new "era" of Fleetwood Mac, including the band.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Back next year. That's heartening.

Michele
I wonder if they are going to do a BN tour next summer? He did say they were doing something in the summer of 2014 to a fan in a video. Then l read this article where he had mentioned:

You can't follow this stuff because it's a moving target. It complicates a set of preconceptions you already have about Fleetwood Mac, which is really the message we're on now. But, okay, if it were just you and me I would say it doesn't matter it's the 40th anniversary.

Stevie, if you're serious about touring behind Buckingham Nicks, let's wait. I would have two scenarios. One would be to wait and put it out close to the end of the Fleetwood Mac tour. When the tour is done and go rehearse a proper show and do it. Another thing would be to go ahead and put out Buckingham Nicks as a sort of secondarily level of awareness around a Fleetwood Mac tour. It's a little off message, but that's fine. When the tour is done we can go into the studio and cut a new Buckingham Nicks album. That would be the most credible thing you can do. Then you'd have to enough material to do a whole show.

There's nothing expedient about any of this. It's a total commitment to the idea of the past and the present as regards Stevie and Lindsey. Again, if you contemplate doing shows as Buckingham-Nicks, there's only nine songs on that album. Even if you do the whole album, you don't have enough for a show and you're back to doing your other stuff. That isn't necessarily bad, but it isn't a huge statement. I don't know. There are a lot of questions surrounding how we'd do this. Stevie said to me, "We could do five shows." Five shows!

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...#ixzz2pMLZlnDy
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook
Old 01-04-2014, 06:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Gold Dust Women

I really enjoyed watching this. Gold Dust Women from a Lindsey and Mick perspective. Its a bit shaky at first but it gets better.

Old 01-04-2014, 03:28 PM
Ledgie

Here's my video of GDW if anyone's still interested. I have a pretty good shot of the ending parts.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by allie3466 View Post

Here's my video of GDW if anyone's still interested. I have a pretty good shot of the ending parts.
Thank you!

Old 01-04-2014, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
I really enjoyed watching this. Gold Dust Women from a Lindsey and Mick perspective. Its a bit shaky at first but it gets better.

I'm glad you enjoyed it I was getting bumped around quite a bit in the beginning, but I was determined to get video of Lindsey playing this. Especially the last half, where he's noodling around over by Mick. I love watching him play that part, but he usually has his back to the audience at that point, so when he actually turned back towards the front, and really started jamming, I was in heaven!
Old 01-04-2014, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
I'm glad you enjoyed it I was getting bumped around quite a bit in the beginning, but I was determined to get video of Lindsey playing this. Especially the last half, where he's noodling around over by Mick. I love watching him play that part, but he usually has his back to the audience at that point, so when he actually turned back towards the front, and really started jamming, I was in heaven!
I bet you were! I was mesmerised watching Mick and Lindsey together and it really helped me to appreciate how amazing the guitar part is. I usual watch GDW videos where Stevie is the focal point, so it was great to get a different perspective. I love it from where he goes over to Mick, right through to the end of the song. It's great when Stevie passes through, and then I love the end as the song slows and the lights dim..... As you can probably tell - I really like this video. So thanks
Old 01-04-2014, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Because Stevie wasn't the only overly emotional one...

Here's another view of Say Goodbye, one which focuses more on Lindsey. Forgive the terrible audio quality at times - my friend who recorded it couldn't really make it sound any better and neither could I. Anyway, enjoy the visuals and the heaviness. And the better view of Lindsey being teary and the comforting embrace at the end...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg unnamed.jpg (65.6 KB, 13 views)

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 01-04-2014, 11:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
yay, i love that your friend followed him and captured while he was talking to the audience at the end. thanks so much!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-04-2014, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Here's another view of Say Goodbye, one which focuses more on Lindsey. Forgive the terrible audio quality at times - my friend who recorded it couldn't really make it sound any better and neither could I. Anyway, enjoy the visuals and the heaviness. And the better view of Lindsey being teary and the comforting embrace at the end...

Jeez, it's still there… sweet Lindsey. I have been waiting for this video! Thank you!
Old 01-05-2014, 12:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post

This was just.....HOT. *fans self* Especially when he comes right up to the stage and kneels down, strumming and then throwing his arm back. The little show off.

And that JAM session with Mick. *dies*
Old 01-05-2014, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Thanks for posting this here. I saw it on Tumblr. It's nice to see the other side, the other perspective.