Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-31-2013, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
George & Gracie make a comeback.

L: Uh-oh you're turning your mic around
S: Katy would say I'm coming at you like a dark horse...I don't know where that come from...just out of the top...you know, she's here.
L: You're gonna hear me roar...
S: You're gonna hear ME roar! Lindsey loves that song, Roar. He loves it.
L: I love that song. I love it. The record making part of it, everything about it.
S: Everything about it.
L: But we shouldn't be talking about that though.
S: But we are because we can.
L: That's true - we can pretty much do any damn thing we want up here, right?
S: *Laughing* Anything we want.
L: We are slowing turning into something like the Rat Pack up here.
S: We are. Or George Burns and Gracie Allen.
L: That's probably better, yeah.
S: Ok.
L: No, you know, this has been, uh a very, I think musically we have played about as good as we ever had on this tour, it's been a challenging tour for a lot of reasons. And yet as we come to the end of it, I am so glad that we've done it and as I've said before there are a few more chapters left in the book of Fleetwood Mac. And, I love you Stevie. I love you.
S: And, I love you. Thank you.
L: Where do we go...
S: *Shrugs* Let's go home! *Laughing*
L: from there? Well, goodnight!
I love them and their love fest!!!
Old 12-31-2013, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
Fantastic quality Say Goodbye has been uploaded, though without Lindsey's dedication/introduction. Anyway, remember to prepare yourself before viewing. It's a tad emotional.... No, really. I wept.

This is amazing. I've watched it several times now and it slays me every time. Is it me, or does it seem there's a little catch in Lindsey's voice when he sings "for a love we couldn't hold". He clearly says something to her at the end (you can see her reaction and his jaw moving and moving).. and he even seemed a little misty-eyed when they separated to do the group bow.

This whole tour has seemed to have a theme of reparation, and you can't help but wonder if John's health scare prompted them to say things that needed to be said before it's too late.

Thanks so much for posting this!!
Old 12-31-2013, 09:18 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
George & Gracie make a comeback.

L: Uh-oh you're turning your mic around
S: Katy would say I'm coming at you like a dark horse...I don't know where that come from...just out of the top...you know, she's here.
L: You're gonna hear me roar...
S: You're gonna hear ME roar! Lindsey loves that song, Roar. He loves it.
L: I love that song. I love it. The record making part of it, everything about it.
S: Everything about it.
L: But we shouldn't be talking about that though.
S: But we are because we can.
L: That's true - we can pretty much do any damn thing we want up here, right?
S: *Laughing* Anything we want.
L: We are slowing turning into something like the Rat Pack up here.
S: We are. Or George Burns and Gracie Allen.
L: That's probably better, yeah.
S: Ok.
L: No, you know, this has been, uh a very, I think musically we have played about as good as we ever had on this tour, it's been a challenging tour for a lot of reasons. And yet as we come to the end of it, I am so glad that we've done it and as I've said before there are a few more chapters left in the book of Fleetwood Mac. And, I love you Stevie. I love you.
S: And, I love you. Thank you.
L: Where do we go...
S: *Shrugs* Let's go home! *Laughing*
L: from there? Well, goodnight!
Haha, thanks for typing the text up for me! I'll include it in the video description as well.

Also, just posted the video of the band intros, including the crazy applause for John at 04:00. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txCb47QEfeY
Old 12-31-2013, 10:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I can't wait to see if a clip of Mick's band intro surfaces. I wonder if he said something different about John, this time.
Michele
Ask and you shall receive:

(by BlogBrian)

Old 12-31-2013, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default For CADreaming(Dee) and me

Sister's of the Moon by hartsfelder

Old 12-31-2013, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Gold Dust Woman by Stevie Mac

Old 12-31-2013, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So, he said many of his songs are written about Stevie. What the heck? How come no one told me that earlier!

Michele
Old 12-31-2013, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Say Goodbye includes dedication by Carly Michelle

Old 12-31-2013, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Ask and you shall receive:

(by BlogBrian)
Thank you. That's so great that they reserved the roses to throw at him. He put a stem in his teeth. Looking good, Mr. McVie.

Looking at your sig Viv, I have seen photos with them in those clothes before, but I don't recall seeing them each standing in front of their own door like that. I really like it and their restless stances. Michele
Old 12-31-2013, 11:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Thank you.
Looking at your sig Viv, I have seen photos with them in those clothes before, but I don't recall seeing them each standing in front of their own door like that. I really like it and their restless stances.
You are most welcome my dear. This is a new pic for me also. I've had it for less than one month. I like it too.
I hope you watched the GDW video I just posted because Stevie really shakes her head hard as if she were in a Tom Petty show and dances near the end of the song and adds many new words she hasn't sang before such as (my favorite)"You can't freak me out."
Old 12-31-2013, 11:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I hope you watched the GDW video I just posted because Stevie really shakes her head hard as if she were in a Tom Petty show and dances near the end of the song and adds many new words she hasn't sang before such as (my favorite)"You can't freak me out."
Well, I won't watch the whole video, but I will definitely check out the ending, due to your description.

Michele
Old 01-01-2014, 12:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Say Goodbye includes dedication by Carly Michelle

thanks for posting this, Viv. On this you can clearly hear the wobble in his voice on "for a love we couldn't hold". <3
Old 01-01-2014, 12:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fleetwood Mac return with John McVie

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=845319

Fleetwood Mac return with John McVie
Dec. 31, 2013, 9:54 AM EST
WENN

Fleetwood Mac returned to the stage with John McVie on Monday night for the first time since since the bass player's cancer diagnosis.

The rocker's health scare prompted the band to cancel a tour of Australia and New Zealand, but he returned to the stage with the group on Monday for a special end of year show in Las Vegas. The concert at the MGM Grand Garden Arena is set to be followed by a private concert on New Year's Eve on Tuesday. Speaking before the first show, frontwoman Stevie Nicks told ABC News Radio that the gigs will be "really good for John" so he can "get back on the treadmill" after undergoing treatment for cancer.

During the concert, Nicks thrilled a pair of famous fans in the audience by dedicating the band's song "Landslide" to John Mayer and Katy Perry. Mayer was so thrilled about the shout out, he grabbed his girlfriend's cell phone and updated her Twitter account, writing, "John here. Katy can't write because she's getting over Stevie Nicks dedicating 'Landslide' to us at the Fleetwood Mac concert. Unforgettable ... While I'm at it I have a couple things I'd like to get off my -- oh, she's motioning for the phone back. Gotta go!! -JM."

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 01-01-2014, 02:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
This is amazing. I've watched it several times now and it slays me every time. Is it me, or does it seem there's a little catch in Lindsey's voice when he sings "for a love we couldn't hold". He clearly says something to her at the end (you can see her reaction and his jaw moving and moving).. and he even seemed a little misty-eyed when they separated to do the group bow.

This whole tour has seemed to have a theme of reparation, and you can't help but wonder if John's health scare prompted them to say things that needed to be said before it's too late.

Thanks so much for posting this!!
I'm still crying, probably since last night and seeing this concert. Although we were far enough back that I couldn't see the emotion on Stevie's face, we could definitely hear it in her voice and hear a catch in the voices of both of them. I also noticed last night, and again in this video, the catch in Mick's voice as well when he said to "look after each other." Thank you so much for posting this, I will truly save forever as it captured the emotion of the entire evening.

So, now i'll do a recap of the event, because I love to read other peoples recaps:
We left at 6am in the morning, and our flight arrived in at noon to Vegas yesterday. Spent the afternoon walking around, and went to the MGM to get a preview of where we were going, as well as pick up our tickets. When we went to the entrance of the concert hall, we weren't allowed in, although we did try and we saw a number of people heading in with special entrance tags on. One of the fellows had long, flowing blondish-gray hair. Later when we were at the show early, we saw him on stage helping to get things set up, so I wonder who it was.......
We arrived at the venue about an hour early. There were a lot of people milling around. I bought one of the zip up sweatshirts, it's really nice and I didn't remember seeing it for sale in New York or Winnipeg. That's not to say that it wasn't available before, but I just didn't remember seeing it.
We found our seats, and then went on a reconnaissance mission to see what we could see. We chatted with a couple of elderly women who were working as ushers, or usherettes. They were very sweet and said that Fleetwood Mac was playing a private concert the next night for a small group, maybe 1000 in the ballroom. Neither were working the next night, but they thought that the band would be staying in the MGM Mansion. Not too sure what that is, but I will google it. It sounded like a private place where big names can stay and have quite a bit of privacy.
The show was scheduled to start at 8pm, but people were still filing in, and so it probably started more like 8:20. Even once it started, people were still arriving. Why you would want to arrive late at this concert was confusing to me............ Anyways, I kept track of the set list, so I could put in up on here, but also because I wanted to compare it to the set list from the Winnipeg show that I took from the stage where Lindsey stood. (We had tickets for Row 1 and we stood right in front of him at that show!!)
Here is the set list:
1. Second Hand News
2. Chain
3. Dreams
4. Sad Angel
5. Rhiannon - not too sure but I think Stevie had a new cape on for this one.
Lindsey said that they wanted to celebrate the Tusk album
6. Not That Funny
7. Tusk - Stevie danced like crazy to this one, she was kicking all over the place.
8. Sisters of the Moon
9. Sara - Stevie and Lindsey were singing to each other quite a bit with this one.
10. Big Love - girls in the front row were yelling at Lindsey during the intro and he commented that he wrote this song before they were born.
11. Landslide- Stevie dedicated to Alfonso-director of American Horror Story (she said that the cream platform boots she was wearing were 25 years old and that she wore them while she was doing AHS and was so impressed with them and that they were so old), and Katy Perry/John Mayer. And she also mentioned that Lindsey loves the song "Roar," which he agreed with.
12. Never Going Back
13. Without You
14. Gypsy
15. Eyes of the World
16. Gold Dust Woman
17. So Afraid
18. Stand Back - was sooooo rockin. Lindsey was just having a blast playing with this song.
19. Go Your Own Way

Encore 1
20. World Turning
Lindsey introduced Mick and then Mick introduced everyone else: Sharon Celani, Lori Nicks, Neil Hayward, Brett Tuggle, Lindsey, Stevie and then John. I thought it was the same order as the other 2 shows, but others thought it was a bit different. The place went crazy for John. The intro for John was the same as the other concerts I thought, but I could be wrong.
21. Dont Stop

Encore 2 People kept leaving, and then all came rushing back in when the encore 2 started.
22. Silver Springs
23. Say Goodbye I will definitely remember this intro and the sadness in Stevie's voice, as well as the video that was put on this thread. I was crying by the time the song was over, and left the concert with red eyes. The show also was much longer than the other 2 shows. It ended right at 11pm, so it would have been about 2 hours, 40 mins.

It was such a treasure to see this show, and esp that it was on my 50th birthday!!! I can only imagine what the show for New Years was, we spent the rest of the evening trying to imagine who was holding it and for what and for whom. If anyone has any idea what the story was about this New Years show, I would love to know. That's all I have.
Old 01-01-2014, 02:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
Great show!!!! Same set list of course, but it was really fun to be there on the "last" night of the tour. John looked thinner, but good. After The Chain Stevie said something to the effect of "As you can see, John McVie is here and doing great" so that was a nice beginning to the show. Everyone looked and sounded great, and they seemed happy with each other and glad to be there.

This is the first show I've seen since May, so I'm not sure exactly how the details of the show have evolved, but I'll try to share some things I noticed. First of all, Stevie was very energetic and didn't seem to need a few songs to warm up as I thought she did in May. How long has she been doing a high kick at the end of Second Hand News? Also, I enjoyed Dreams and Rhinannon more last night than I have in ages, and she did these really cool little vocal runs at the end of each of them. She even put a couple of twirls into Rhiannon! Sad Angel was really great and seems like a lot of fun for both them and us.

For Landslide, Stevie came out and pointed out that she was wearing her 25-year-old beige boots. She mentioned that she wore them during the filming of AHS and she had them on for so long that she knew could wear them for a little while on stage. (Later she changed back to the black ones, and I will say that by the end of the night she looked like she couldn't wait to get out of heels of any kind!)

The Without You intro didn't seem quite as meandering as it had been, but I won't even try to re-create it....maybe a recording will show up in the other thread. I think this is where we learned that Lindsey loves the Katy Perry song Roar although right now I can't recall how that came up. I haven't seen any recent versions of GDW, but that one seemed to really have evolved a lot, and the crowd ate it up as her show-stopper.

Most of Lindsey's speeches (introducing the Tusk mini-set and Big Love) were pretty much the standard fare, but he did go off-script for Say Goodbye as people have mentioned. I hope a recording of the intro turns up, but he dedicated it to Stevie (who he pointed to as "this beautiful lady") and told her he loved her. Then he joked that she was mad because he just made it hard for her to do the song with him. And she was weepy through it, but it just made the song that much more powerful, and everyone really loved it.

It's hard to remember since May, but I thought maybe some of the background visuals had been changed for some of the songs.

More details may come to me later, and I'll add them as I think of them.
I agree that it appeared like some of the background visuals for some of the songs had changed since June.