Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-29-2013, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Love how Christine and Stevie corroborate their versions of events and Lindsey's differing recollections stand out. Wonder if Lindsey's nervous about having that collective feminine energy back in the band...
What I actually gathered from all that is that he's not living in the past, like he stated in the article. The man has 3 children now... all of whom are probably old enough to read these interviews, or at least get wind of them. As a father, why would Lindsey want to spend his time regurgitating all of his past misbehavior from 3+ decades ago? It's easy to see why he wouldn't want to focus on all of that- or why his wife wouldn't want him to. Stevie & Chris can own up to their misdeeds because they have no children whom it could harm. That's not the case with Lindsey.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
What I actually gathered from all that is that he's not living in the past, like he stated in the article. The man has 3 children now... all of whom are probably old enough to read these interviews, or at least get wind of them. As a father, why would Lindsey want to spend his time regurgitating all of his past misbehavior from 3+ decades ago? It's easy to see why he wouldn't want to focus on all of that- or why his wife wouldn't want him to. Stevie & Chris can own up to their misdeeds because they have no children whom it could harm. That's not the case with Lindsey.
I don't know, I think it's better for children to see their parents owning up to - and taking responsibility for -- past mistakes, as opposed to pretending it never happened.

Lindsey's responses to the questions seemed disingenuous to me.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
I don't know, I think it's better for children to see their parents owning up to - and taking responsibility for -- past mistakes, as opposed to pretending it never happened.

Lindsey's responses to the questions seemed disingenuous to me.
I agree wholeheartedly, I just understand Lindsey's motives as to why he's refusing to rehash all of it.

For what it's worth, his temper is still very much in tact these days, too. When I saw him at Antone's in Austin last year, I caught a tiny glimpse of it. As Lindsey was walking offstage and towards the door at the end the show, he paused to shake a couple of hands, then quickly moved towards the exit. Not before someone tugged his coat for one more handshake, though. You all should have seen the way he spun around- the look of unbridled rage & contempt in his face. Lindsey may have mellowed with age & realigned his priorities... but the same insecure guy is inside him that's been there all his life.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree wholeheartedly, I just understand Lindsey's motives as to why he's refusing to rehash all of it.

^This. Of course he thinks about how his children will see him based on all the junk written in the press. So I'm with you louielouie2000 on why he does it. And we are all smart enough to call him out, even if only amongst ourselves.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Love that Christine has the last words--a parody of The Carpenters's hit. She hasn't lost her wry wit.

I also love that she flat out calls Lindsey a control freak. We all know this, but her candor is refreshing.

Why, oh, why was Stevie asked if she was a lesbian? I know she's appealing to both genders but so is Lindsey and, as someone else mentioned here, he was NOT asked if he preferred men.
Agree, that was kinda right out of left field for this interview. I'm surprised if they were going that route they didn't ask Chris also.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

You mean the way Stevie takes total responsibility for having an affair with a married father of 2 innocent little girls?

‘I didn’t want to fall in love with Mick' (The devil made me do it?)

‘I had the attitude that you didn’t need to go after someone’s husband who had two children...(but you did it anyway )

...I always considered Mick one of the great loves of my life.’ ( )
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Why, oh, why was Stevie asked if she was a lesbian? I know she's appealing to both genders but so is Lindsey and, as someone else mentioned here, he was NOT asked if he preferred men.
Christine wasn't asked either.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Agree, that was kinda right out of left field for this interview. I'm surprised if they were going that route they didn't ask Chris also.
The Mail is a bag of paradoxes. They at once despise homosexuality and yet will titilate (male) readers with fantasies of a once-beautiful rockstar involving herself in same-sex situations. They would not, of course, ask Lindsey the question because the editorial staff - for the same reason mainstream Hollywood loves lipstick lesbianism but traditionally balked at two men kissing - consider male homosexuality the ultimate sin, whereas the image two women kissing just sells copy.

You may think I've been dramatic, but having examined the Daily Mail at close quarters for the best part of twenty years, I don't think I'm far off the mark.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
The Mail is a bag of paradoxes. They at once despise homosexuality and yet will titilate (male) readers with fantasies of a once-beautiful rockstar involving herself in same-sex situations. They would not, of course, ask Lindsey the question because the editorial staff - for the same reason mainstream Hollywood loves lipstick lesbianism but traditionally balked at two men kissing - consider male homosexuality the ultimate sin, whereas the image two women kissing just sells copy.

You may think I've been dramatic, but having examined the Daily Mail at close quarters for the best part of twenty years, I don't think I'm far off the mark.
You are not being dramatic. I hate to think of a much of the population reading it. Well done for studying it and being able to speak with authority on the subject, I honestly can't even bear to open the first page. This kind of media horrifies me. You only have to look down the right hand side of the Fleetwood Mac article on their website, to see what kind of reporting it focuses on.

But I am pleased they managed to write a good FM article (apart from the obvious dodgy bit).....
Old 12-30-2013, 07:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
You are not being dramatic. I hate to think of a much of the population reading it. Well done for studying it and being able to speak with authority on the subject, I honestly can't even bear to open the first page. This kind of media horrifies me. You only have to look down the right hand side of the Fleetwood Mac article on their website, to see what kind of reporting it focuses on.

But I am pleased they managed to write a good FM article (apart from the obvious dodgy bit).....
Indeed. I have relatives who read it "for the sports reports" and others who don't even bother to make excuses! Still, agreed that they manage to write a decent article now and then.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Indeed. I have relatives who read it "for the sports reports" and others who don't even bother to make excuses! Still, agreed that they manage to write a decent article now and then.
I also have close relatives that used to read it, although I'm not sure if they do now Oh well, its just best that I avoid it myself.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I know many people who read the Daily Mail but they all seem to be quite self-aware about how appalling it is. So that's... Something, I guess. I do genuinely think it's the sheer readability of it that draws people in, against all else, even the fact that it's historically been absolutely wrong about everything (yes, including Hitler).

I've picked it up over lunch breaks in the staff room. At its best it's just hugely uninformative. I never finish a copy of it feeling like I've actually learned anything.

Last edited by Dex; 12-30-2013 at 09:20 AM..
Old 12-30-2013, 09:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrStevie View Post
You mean the way Stevie takes total responsibility for having an affair with a married father of 2 innocent little girls?

‘I didn’t want to fall in love with Mick' (The devil made me do it?)

‘I had the attitude that you didn’t need to go after someone’s husband who had two children...(but you did it anyway )

...I always considered Mick one of the great loves of my life.’ ( )
I don't really get the vitriol of your post, MrStevie. I don't think Stevie is absolving herself of any responsibility in this interview. She's acknowledging the fact that she fell in love (which is not something that anyone has any control or choice over) and that she made some pretty bone-headed decisions because of that. Love does make people complete idiots. She's being honest about how she felt and what she did at the time. She's not saying that it didn't happen or that she was tricked into it, and she's not saying it was right.

Quote:
Christine wasn't asked either.
Indeed. Highlighting the fact that the question was not about journalistic interest, but about sex appeal. Christine isn't "the sexy one", so whether or not she's kissed women is seen as incidental in the minds of Mail readers.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
Indeed. Highlighting the fact that the question was not about journalistic interest, but about sex appeal. Christine isn't "the sexy one", so whether or not she's kissed women is seen as incidental in the minds of Mail readers.
I'm not sure I understand all of the outrage centered around this publication asking Stevie if she'd ever had an affair with a woman. It's 2014, not the dark ages. Plus, of anyone in Fleetwood Mac, it's Stevie who's known for her high profile affairs & sexual prowess. She's pretty frank about all of it too; so why not ask her if one of her many loves was a woman? It seems like a logical progression to me.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I'm not sure I understand all of the outrage centered around this publication asking Stevie if she'd ever had an affair with a woman. It's 2014, not the dark ages. Plus, of anyone in Fleetwood Mac, it's Stevie who's known for her high profile affairs & sexual prowess. She's pretty frank about all of it too; so why not ask her if one of her many loves was a woman? It seems like a logical progression to me.
It's possible that I'm having my impression of the question and its nature coloured by my understanding of the publication and its target clientele, in which the smarm-factor is all but a given. Maybe my reflexes are getting the better of me and I'm not being completely unbiased. My impression, though, has always been that questions related to sexual orientation are just unprofessional, period, and are not asked by respected publications. Perhaps I'm wrong about this. But Stevie's reportedly startled reaction is telling. And I don't think if Lindsey had been asked if he ever had a bi moment that it would be seen by Lindsey, the interviewer, or Mail readers, as a "logical progression" from other questions about his personal history.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

How dare you!