User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-26-2013, 09:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I suspected this all along. And he was right, that moment took over almost the entire evening. The crowd went ballistic. I'm so glad it happened however, and hope it does lead to more from her.

Lindsey ONLY has to share the spotlight with Stevie now and he is still loving that. I don't see him wanting to share the spotlight with the beloved Christine AND the beloved Stevie. He really is running the show music-wise now. Sadly, I think he needs the magic of the 3 songwriters. The EP to me is lifeless and boring.

Maybe she burned a bridge with him personally. I've always believed they were very close musically, and like brother and sister before she left. Anyway, this article does not surprise me in the least.
Yep. Did you notice how LB was trying to rush them over for the bow and planted his hands on his hips with a frown when he had to wait a few seconds. I noticed Stevie eyeing him all the way over. I think it was huge for him to agree to this.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Yep. Did you notice how LB was trying to rush them over for the bow and planted his hands on his hips with a frown when he had to wait a few seconds. I noticed Stevie eyeing him all the way over. I think it was huge for him to agree to this.
I saw a lot of body language!! I've never seen Stevie so happy, and Lindsey looked like he someone gave him a big glass of bitter. I'm grateful he allowed it too.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I saw a lot of body language!! I've never seen Stevie so happy, and Lindsey looked like he someone gave him a big glass of bitter. I'm grateful he allowed it too.
I saw that too. He and Chris ought to have a looooooong conversation before moving forward if she wants to be involved.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 09-26-2013, 09:24 AM

Or maybe Mick and Stevie talked her into it without letting Lindsey in on the conversation.

I don't necessarily think she wants to work with them again. I think she's been asked by Mick and Stevie and agreed to do so. And then Lindsey balked at the idea because it takes away from what they've created over the last 15 years.

I have to agree, without that keyboard (stage right) it looks and sounds a bit bare. I'm sure he doesn't want that to be the contrast to the music and rehearsals that they've had. Everyone and their mother knows that they are better with her. Even he does.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
interesting.

i saw the opposite from you all, and remember, i focus on Lindsey when watching these vids:

he was annoyed waiting to get his hug from Chris when she first came out b/c Stevie would not let her go.

then he was annoyed again when Don't Stop was over b/c again Stevie was holding Chris in the corner by the keyboards instead of letting her get over to the middle so they can all have the moment together instead of just Stevie and Chris.

he was BEAMING during the bows and kept catching Chris' eyes and then finally blew her a kiss as John was hugging her.

what i saw was extremely happy (and choked up, during the song!) Linds that she was there.

all we have to go on saying that he didn't want Christine there is Stevie's words. and you all keep telling me how consistent and believable her words are.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 09-26-2013 at 09:27 AM..
Old 09-26-2013, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I see a mixture of both these sentiments from Lindsey. He's happy that Chris is there, as we can see on how he just looked at her for most of the song, and I think the peck on the cheek was very genuine. But at the same time, his ego kicks in with not wanting her to hog all the spotlight, which he should've expected even for just one song.

But I still suspect that there is still some tension between the two of them. Which is why a long talk is in order.

Old 09-26-2013, 09:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
interesting.

i saw the opposite from you all, and remember, i focus on Lindsey when watching these vids:

he was annoyed waiting to get his hug from Chris when she first came out b/c Stevie would not let her go.

then he was annoyed again when Don't Stop was over b/c again Stevie was holding Chris in the corner by the keyboards instead of letting her get over to the middle so they can all have the moment together instead of just Stevie and Chris.

he was BEAMING during the bows and kept catching Chris' eyes and then finally blew her a kiss as John was hugging her.

what i saw was extremely happy (and choked up, during the song!) Linds that she was there.

all we have to go on saying that he didn't want Christine there is Stevie's words. and you all keep telling me how consistent and believable her words are.
Yeah. I was looking for all the grumpy Old-Man-Lindsey moments and body language, and I just couldn't pick any of that out of the videos. I think people are projecting a bit of their preconceived notions, here. I do think it's pretty reasonable to believe that Lindsey had a lot of trepidation about having Christine back with them, though. But the idea that Chris may have done more than one song with them if it weren't for Lindsey may be just Stevie living in a dream world.

Regardless, this thread has made me forget that I actively dislike Don't Stop. So that is one hell of an artistic achievement.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Interestingly, the people who see the "bitter Lindsey" body language are the hardcore Chris fans. Maybe we're the bitter ones.

(As for me, I don't exactly see it as bitterness. More like annoyance in the lines of 'come on. bring whatever you're having there over here'.)

Old 09-26-2013, 09:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

As a hardcore Stevie fan, really what gave me the most fun was seeing Stevie all but shaking and crying with joy in these clips. The woman is practically a fangirl. Someone introduce her to Tyler Oakley.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
As a hardcore Stevie fan, really what gave me the most fun was seeing Stevie all but shaking and crying with joy in these clips. The woman is practically a fangirl. Someone introduce her to Tyler Oakley.
Oh I've always been a huge fan of Stevie and Chris' relationship *points to signature*. That made me very happy as well.

Old 09-26-2013, 09:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Didn't anybody bring a real camera? I'd love to see some better quality pictures! It's just not possible to get very good results at a concert with a phone camera; no matter what you do, exposure and focus will be off.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
Didn't anybody bring a real camera? I'd love to see some better quality pictures! It's just not possible to get very good results at a concert with a phone camera; no matter what you do, exposure and focus will be off.
Maybe they weren't allowed?

Old 09-26-2013, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
interesting.

Interesting take.. and dammit to hell if you're not right about Stevie's words...
Old 09-26-2013, 10:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
Didn't you see Erin's pics? Lots of good ones here: https://plus.google.com/photos/11640...06311178110305
Old 09-26-2013, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebucked View Post
Interestingly, the people who see the "bitter Lindsey" body language are the hardcore Chris fans. Maybe we're the bitter ones.

(As for me, I don't exactly see it as bitterness. More like annoyance in the lines of 'come on. bring whatever you're having there over here'.)
Well to be fair, John looked way less enthused than LB. LB did give the appearance of being happy and joking around. John looked like it was just another tune to play.