User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-07-2003, 08:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Angry poisonous article

being nasty is one thing, and that's cool, but being just stupid is another thing.
"Stevie Nicks is sad that fans don't want to pay $125 to watch her sing." gimme a break... that's just not the simple truth as one can easily see from Billboard's charts....
read all the crap here.

somewhere deep in the middle of the night baby, i think about you!!! she says somewhere deep in the middle of the night my baby, i think about you!!!! she says i know what it sounds liiike! i know what it sounds liiiiiiiiiiike, i know what it sounds like, it sounds like youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!
Old 08-07-2003, 09:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I Hate To Even Dignify This Article W/ Response...

"A glance at the Fleetwood Mac discography since 1980 - predominantly live recordings - makes the sorry truth painfully obvious: Fleetwood Mac has given up hope that they will ever again be able to write a mediocre song."

I seriously think that this person is making it up as they go along. Talk about your uninformed opinions! Also, how can a rather benign band like F.M. draw in such hatred from someone who obviously knows nothing about them and doesn't care to know anything about them? Must've been a slow news day.
Old 08-07-2003, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Tracy posted this article over on Burnish a few weeks ago, and I left a comment for the "feedback" at the end of the article. How funny is it that it hasn't been posted by the moderator yet! Isn't free speech grand? I guess the children who write for the school paper aren't the only jerks running the "Daily Vanguard".

And my feedback just pointed out the glaring errors he made in the article-- I promise I wasn't *too* mean.
Old 08-07-2003, 02:49 PM
Ledgie

Angry

That could well be the worst piece of music "journalism" I've ever read. At least it wasn't published in any sort of reputable newspaper. And I don't imagine somebody reading this and saying to themselves, "You know what, this guy has a good point." My God, he (I think it's a guy - Jesse?) must really hate FM, but he doesn't really seem to know why, other than he really hates them. How's that for a logical argument? Right now I'm picturing this guy as the character played by Chris Kattan in that SNL skit where he's all goth and scary, and then his older brother or some jocks show up and he's pissing his pants.
Old 08-07-2003, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Angry

I added my 2 cents, lets see if they post any of our feedback. (Better yet, lets flood the place and see what happens) hehe

Watching the drama of the Ledge since 2001.
Old 08-07-2003, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This guy sucks. Plain and simple. He rattled out a bunch of VERY opinionated sentences and backed them up with nothing. He didn't even say which songs on SYW he hated the most. I've given some feedback too, let's see if any of this gets posted.
Old 08-07-2003, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This guy is a real loser. He has NO taste in music. I say off with his head.
Old 08-07-2003, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I paid $125 for my ticket.

"Being in this band really f**** up relationships with chicks."
-Lindsey Buckingham

"Lindsey and I were as close to married as I'll probably ever be. I took care of him, I cooked for him, I ironed his jeans, I adored him."
-Stevie Nicks

"Quite frankly, I think I can presume on Stevie's behalf that she wasn't too sad seeing Lindsey go."
-Mick Fleetwood

"I play bass."
-John McVie.

I love this band.
Old 08-08-2003, 07:06 AM
Senior Ledgie

YEAH my dad pain 125 for my ticket... plus ticketmast charge...

It was my b-day present I owe him... I am going to buy him "The Dance" dvd... since he couldn't be there with me...
Old 08-08-2003, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I snet my feedback too, I was surprised no one else did, but I see unless they agree , the feedback isn't posted. I guess no one liked the article.

Some 20 year old wrote it and all they know about Rumours is what other 20 year olds say about it. Self indulgent during a self indulgent time. Too soft and whispy. They don't LISTEN! UGH.
Old 08-08-2003, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Janet
I snet my feedback too, I was surprised no one else did, but I see unless they agree , the feedback isn't posted. I guess no one liked the article.

Some 20 year old wrote it and all they know about Rumours is what other 20 year olds say about it. Self indulgent during a self indulgent time. Too soft and whispy. They don't LISTEN! UGH.
Hey, I'm 22 and I completely disagree with that article and left negative feedback. It has nothing to do with age...it's the same as "older" people (i.e. people my parents age) not even bothering to listen to "newer" music...just assuming it is all that is evil and bad.
Old 08-08-2003, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey Im 25, Im not knocking the age, just the fact I know alot of people OUR age who just write off Rumours because of the time it came out and for the fact its considered soft rock ala Barry Manilow or something. It's just songs like Dreams who get played along with like anything else soft and "corny". My parents are sick of it perhaps, but they HAD to hear it and it was considered GOOD, not old and slow...thats all I meant.
Old 08-08-2003, 07:24 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Stupidity reaches an all time low . . .

Really not even worth our time here to comment on the Portland Vanguard article.

Clearly this "author" was still concluding a past life when Rumours was released.

Christopher Zerbe
Old 08-08-2003, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Janet
Hey Im 25, Im not knocking the age, just the fact I know alot of people OUR age who just write off Rumours because of the time it came out and for the fact its considered soft rock ala Barry Manilow or something. It's just songs like Dreams who get played along with like anything else soft and "corny". My parents are sick of it perhaps, but they HAD to hear it and it was considered GOOD, not old and slow...thats all I meant.
Pretty much when anyone our age passes the Mac off as some soft-rock corny group, I let them listen to some live stuff. You'd be amazed how many people think that these are some old folk-singers doing these songs. They can't believe what thsi band is like on stage. Even the more recent Mac stuff..."The Dance" definitley blew a lot of people away. And this tour...wow, Lindsey is just insane!

I hate when people write off bands like the Mac just because of when they released the majority and most popular albums. There are some incredible albums from the 60's and 70's (as well as the 80's, 90's and even right now)...I like to mix up my musical choices - not just stick to one type, or one era.