Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-29-2013, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
Well I certainly hope this leads to a full blown album
Agreed. Potential wise it's looking pretty good. Good production and some solid Stevie tracks and this would make a really good album.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Wow.I cant wait for a crappy sounding Icrap version.Sorry about the sarcastic remark.I'm one of those old fashion people that dont have a phone that does everything.

I just wait until my face turn blue and maybe a hard copy will show up for us old fans that dont dig Icrap and these gadgets us old folks need a high power magnifier to see those mini screens.
You can purchase the songs through iTunes using your personal computer...presumably the same one you use to view this forum? No need to buy any gadgets with tiny screens if you don't wish to.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wow.I cant wait for a crappy sounding Icrap version.Sorry about the sarcastic remark.I'm one of those old fashion people that dont have a phone that does everything.

I just wait until my face turn blue and maybe a hard copy will show up for us old fans that dont dig Icrap and these gadgets us old folks need a high power magnifier to see those mini screens.
You don't need a phone or high-powered magnifier. If you have a computer, which you seem to be embracing to post here, you can download the new songs.

http://www.twitter.com/jtwill84
Old 04-29-2013, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
So, someone mentioned the piano playing. Tell me what you think is going on? Any astounding revelations about that? It Takes Time? Do the keyboards say anything familiar and heartracing to you guys? CAP? Tell me something thrilling.

Michele
lol. we can dream but don't think that's the case.

however someone asked LB at 92Y q&a whether he would consider some other instrument doing everything like he does guitar. he said piano, remember?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-29-2013, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Miss Fantasy has some driving piano too. It takes time is very pretty. It has a beautiful stringpart. Four songs without crazy fingerpicking. What happened to him?

Old 04-29-2013, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So, someone mentioned the piano playing. Tell me what you think is going on? Any astounding revelations about that? It Takes Time? Do the keyboards say anything familiar and heartracing to you guys? CAP? Tell me something thrilling.

Michele
Extended Play = Male Enhancement Drugs -- amazing!!!!

My original reaction:

Sad Angel - kinda whispery vocally, guitar sounds great. what a nice (kinda programmatic, Mac-wise) tune. John is killing it!!!!

Without You - Guitar sounds great; but the vocals sound like people who have smoked way too much in the last 40 years... until it starts to sound warm (rather than sublimely pretty for which I had been hoping)

It Takes Time - O M G who the frack is playing piano????!!!! OMG OMG Is this Lindsey on piano as he had hinted previously??!!!! THIS IS GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG and then strings!!!!! This is the greatest thing I've ever heard (even though it has no melody; it's like a piano version of Time Precious Time except not annoying at all!!!!!!)!!!!!! Even the whisper vocals don't ruin it (it works like with When She Comes Down or whatever that song is)!!!!!!!

Miss Fantasy - If Law & Order had been a Mac album, it might have had a song like this. That's a compliment. Goofy and sweet. John can have my babies.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Miss Fantasy has some driving piano too. It takes time is very pretty. It has a beautiful stringpart. Four songs without crazy fingerpicking. What happened to him?
see above - what he said in 92Y in Nov 2011.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-29-2013, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Skip, even Stevie has an Ipod. I don't like it either, but I think we'll be waiting a long time to get an EP compact disc. If they'd just put it digitally on Amazon, I'd be happy, but . . .

Michele
Old 04-29-2013, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tothegypsy View Post
You can purchase the songs through iTunes using your personal computer...presumably the same one you use to view this forum? No need to buy any gadgets with tiny screens if you don't wish to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh2003 View Post
You don't need a phone or high-powered magnifier. If you have a computer, which you seem to be embracing to post here, you can download the new songs.
Quote:
Skip, even Stevie has an Ipod. I don't like it either, but I think we'll be waiting a long time to get an EP compact disc. If they'd just put it digitally on Amazon, I'd be happy, but . . .

Michele
Yes I agree .I can get on this computer on my 22 inch monitor .My major chief complaint is the crappy loss-less swishy sound of compressed files they offer.If they send out a WAV or Flac files .I would not even be fussing about this here and be saying hooray its about freaking time. .

I just refuse to pay almost the same price as a CD for a AAC or a MP3 file.

A couple of bucks all they worth to me.

I dont mind going all digital with new music as long it sounds clean with no artifacts of swishy swashing sound or cheap encoded files.

Most I heard sound like crap through my good system.

My FM radio cassette sound better then some of these Icrap files.

I'm already on the digital bandwagon on getting clean videos online.I've been doing that for years now.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016

Last edited by Macfanforever; 04-29-2013 at 08:06 PM..
Old 04-29-2013, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey Buckingham featuring Mick Fleetwood, John McVie and special appearances by Stevie Nicks

Okay...
Old 04-29-2013, 08:09 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Yes I agree .I can get on this computer on my 22 inch monitor .My major chief complaint is the crappy loss-less swishy sound of compressed files they offer.If they send out a WAV or Flac files .I would not even be fussing about this here and be saying hooray its about freaking time. .

I just refuse to pay almost the same price as a CD for a AAC or a MP3 file.

A couple of bucks all they worth to me.

I dont mind going all digital with new music as long it sounds clean with no artifacts of swishy swashing sound or cheap encoded files.

Most I heard sound like crap through my good system.

My FM radio cassette sound better then some of these Icrap files.

I'm already on the digital bandwagon on getting clean videos online.I've been doing that for years now.
The EP cost me $6.76 (AUD) on iTunes. Hardly an amount worth quibbling about.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele
I know She gave dozens to our brave men and women at Walter Reed.

I'm proud of her doing so.

I'm glad she kept one for herself.

Yes I have MP3 players since 1999 when they first came out.

I payed a whopping $250 for a Diamond Rio player with 32MB memory.LOL.

I wonder what tunes does she have on her Ipod.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 04-29-2013, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, just came off the phone with a very good friend. It's been 3 am overhere. Downloaded the songs onto my ipad and did a quick listen to the songs. Well dive deep into them tomorrow.....need some sleep....
Old 04-29-2013, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
Lindsey Buckingham featuring Mick Fleetwood, John McVie and special appearances by Stevie Nicks

Okay...
It's not that I mind, but it is weird.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I like all of them. Sad Angel is my favourite at the minute but it's early day. I also like that Without You isn't as maudlin as I'd feared it might be. It's got a bit of oomph.

My biggest gripe is that all the songs fade out. In my head I can hear an ending to Sad Angel where it doesn't fade out and then do the repeating "hello, hello, hello" and the instruments all stop and the vocal reverb just fades out into space. I think it'd be very effective. Even if they'd just done what they do with the live arrangement. Anything but a fadeout!