Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-06-2012, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Lissie Drinking Tea, Going Her Own Way

[Have no idea who this singer is. I am ashamed of this commercial ahead of the fact. Although, I am obsessed with tea.]

http://www.marketingweek.co.uk/secto...033813.article

The tea brand hopes that a master brand strategy will help grow its share of the total tea market and take on market leaders PG Tips and Tetley.

Twinings currently has a 14.1% share of the total market but holds 60% of the speciality tea market. PG tips holds 25% of the total market while Tetley holds 23%.

US Pop star Lissie will sing a version of Fleetwood Mac’s Go Your Own Way in the latest TV ad, due to launch in March It will be available to download on iTunes from 19th February.

Sean Summers, marketing director, says: “We wanted to take our position of strength and move the brand on to the next level. In the past we had been talking a lot about ourselves and our products and our quality and so the obvious next step is to move on from that and put the brand in the shoes of customer. It’s a scary shift because the past approach had been working very well for us.”

“Previously in our marketing we had given very rational reasons to buy Twinings and got a rational response. Now it’s about understanding our role within consumers” lives and it’s triggered an emotional response. It’s happening across food and drink sector because from a functional point of view, everyone can come up with a new flavour or innovation and it’s expected by consumers. They are looking for brands that go beyond that and give something extra. That’s where you get loyalty and brand love.”

The first ad campaign launched under the “Twinings, Gets you back to you” strapline as revealed by Marketing Week, in September, featuring a version of The Calling’s Wherever You Will Go by Charlene Soraia.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart Twinings Tea !!!

We like Twinings teas a lot ! Now with the Lindsey tune
being used for the commercial...we love it more!!! Earl Grey is nice!
Old 02-06-2012, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You'd think they'd use Danny Kirwan's instrumental from Kiln House entitled "Earl Grey".
Old 02-06-2012, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Love, love, LOVE Lissie! I've remarked on the Ledge before how she was clearly influenced by Fleetwood Mac. She's also cited Fleetwood Mac as a major inspiration in past print articles.

Especially the chorus & guitar solo towards the end of this one are classic Mac:

The behind the beat bass/drum line of this one is particularly Macish to me:

Both definitely feature lush Mac style harmonies on their choruses

Last edited by louielouie2000; 02-06-2012 at 07:21 PM..
Old 02-07-2012, 09:29 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default lissie to sing Go your own way for Twinings Tea!

How strange:

http://www.marketingweek.co.uk/secto...033813.article

Twinings will double its marketing spend this year as it moves away from product led marketing and prepares to launch the latest phase of its newly adopted master brand advertising strategy.

The tea brand hopes that a master brand strategy will help grow its share of the total tea market and take on market leaders PG Tips and Tetley.

Twinings currently has a 14.1% share of the total market but holds 60% of the speciality tea market. PG tips holds 25% of the total market while Tetley holds 23%.

US Pop star Lissie will sing a version of Fleetwood Mac’s Go Your Own Way in the latest TV ad, due to launch in March It will be available to download on iTunes from 19th February.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

She was probably infuenced by the Glee version and figured she could do it better. She'll probably imitate Glee in the same way the current singers imitate Landslide by The Dixie Chicks.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Love, love, LOVE Lissie! I've remarked on the Ledge before how she was clearly influenced by Fleetwood Mac. She's also cited Fleetwood Mac as a major inspiration in past print articles.

Especially the chorus & guitar solo towards the end of this one are classic Mac:

The behind the beat bass/drum line of this one is particularly Macish to me:

Both definitely feature lush Mac style harmonies on their choruses
She flat out denied she had ever heard 'Sisters of the Moon' ,which I pointed out had similarities to her song.I know she lied.She branded me an 'assh0le'
I often drink Twinings but now she's involved in promoting it,I shan't continue lol

Last edited by Bryan; 02-08-2012 at 11:38 AM..
Old 02-08-2012, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Excerpt from an article on Lissie's new album:

http://www.clashmusic.com/news/lissi...ares-covers-ep

‘Covered Up With Flowers’ is set to be released on February 19th, with the six track EP demonstrating a deeply eclectic taste. The Fleetwood Mac classic ‘Go Your Own Way’ is due to be given the Lissie treatment, while the songwriter has also chosen material by Joe South, Nick Cave and Lady Gaga.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree with Louie, she's great and the mac influence is definitely there. It's like she wanted to write a rock and roll song, and it is up, but there's a certain eeriness that I didn't even realize was there, until you were playing that.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love her too!

Here it is:

http://www.clickmusic.com/singles/ar...o-your-own-way

Covering a Fleetwood Mac song is not an easy thing to do. It's the kind of decision that is defined by courage or arrogance, or some frantic medium between. It's a feat that folk-rock starlet Lissie manages to take her interpretation of 'Go Your Own Way' in such an electrifying direction.

Lissie's version is as raw and pained as Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham's was all those years ago. She sings from the pit of her stomach in the verses, creating an emotive rumble as she finds her own meanings in the song. Her band slowly builds texture into the song with a stunning arrangement that feels, somehow, almost inescapably sad. A cover as good as this makes up for the sterile Glee cover that found its way into the charts last year.

Performances like this mark Lissie as one to watch for 2012 as she prepares to release her follow-up to 'Catching a Tiger'.

Her EP 'Covered With Flowers' is available now, featuring a selection of covers of her favourite songs.

Read more: http://www.clickmusic.com/singles/ar...#ixzz1nMjLJiWj