Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-05-2011, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodfather View Post
Yup - it's official. I spoke to the Edinburgh venue earlier and they've said that they're waiting on rescheduled dates. I'll have to wait for Ticketmaster to advise me of that date though because obviously Usher Hall will only notify people who booked through them. I don't trust Ticketmaster to even let me know... so I'm putting my trust in The Ledge instead! I'm watching the Songs From The Small Machine dvd now.
I think The Ledge is pretty much the hub of all Fleetwood Mac related knowledge. We have a direct line to their managers in Brandon and Louis' front rooms. I'd just be careful what hours you try and access this, because last time I did I was chased out of Brandon's house by a naked man wearing a tea cosy and waving a broom at me. He looked suspiciously familiar.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
I think The Ledge is pretty much the hub of all Fleetwood Mac related knowledge. We have a direct line to their managers in Brandon and Louis' front rooms. I'd just be careful what hours you try and access this, because last time I did I was chased out of Brandon's house by a naked man wearing a tea cosy and waving a broom at me. He looked suspiciously familiar.
It was Alfred. Brandon is Batman.

... hope Brandon sees this!
Old 12-06-2011, 09:47 AM
Senior Ledgie

I had a phone call earlier this afternoon from The Lowry making sure I'd received their email. I've been very impressed with the way they've handled this. The first to put an announcement on their website, the first to stop selling tickets, the first to email customers and they follow-up their email with a phone call as well.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:21 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
I had a phone call earlier this afternoon from The Lowry making sure I'd received their email. I've been very impressed with the way they've handled this. The first to put an announcement on their website, the first to stop selling tickets, the first to email customers and they follow-up their email with a phone call as well.
They sound super efficient, Phil. My venue, Gateshead have, as far as I am aware, only just put the announcement on their website today. They stopped the sale of tickets yesterday but with no explanation. I have yet to hear from them though. Thank goodness for the Ledge or I'd probably be none the wiser and still be getting all excited with only a week to go.

Gill.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The London Palladium are still selling tickets!!!!!
Old 12-06-2011, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
The London Palladium are still selling tickets!!!!!
Yes and I have had no email notification from Ticketmaster either. I would have had no idea about all this if I wasn't a member here. Lots of people will still be unaware.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetinmyheart View Post
Yes and I have had no email notification from Ticketmaster either. I would have had no idea about all this if I wasn't a member here. Lots of people will still be unaware.
I think it's a real possibility that a lot of people will be turning up at various venues on the night - boy, are they going to be p*ssed!!!!
Old 12-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I got two text messages, both from Ticketmaster to let me know that the Belfast show and the Dublin show have been postponed. They also said that new dates would be announced shortly and original tickets will be accepted. So no need to send them back or anything like that.

I just went to ticketmaster and bought another ticket LOL. I have a VIP ticket and I obviously couldnt afford one for my wife as well so I had an 8th row seat for her. And Low and Behold when I checked Ticketmaster there was Block A row 2 available. Couldnt believe it. So I snapped it up and I will send My 8th row back for a refund from ticketmaster and tell the new date wont suit.

Win Win.

Paul
Old 12-06-2011, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madness Fades View Post
I got two text messages, both from Ticketmaster to let me know that the Belfast show and the Dublin show have been postponed. They also said that new dates would be announced shortly and original tickets will be accepted. So no need to send them back or anything like that.

I just went to ticketmaster and bought another ticket LOL. I have a VIP ticket and I obviously couldnt afford one for my wife as well so I had an 8th row seat for her. And Low and Behold when I checked Ticketmaster there was Block A row 2 available. Couldnt believe it. So I snapped it up and I will send My 8th row back for a refund from ticketmaster and tell the new date wont suit.

Win Win.

Paul
Well, you might as well take advantage of this unfortunate situation!!!
Old 12-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
Well, you might as well take advantage of this unfortunate situation!!!

No matter how dire the situation, i will always find a way to get any good in it out of it.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No matter how dire the situation, i will always find a way to get any good in it out of it.
That's brilliant Every cloud!
Old 12-06-2011, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have a VIP ticket and I obviously couldnt afford one for my wife as well so I had an 8th row seat for her.

Paul
Um... WHAT???
Old 12-06-2011, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Um... WHAT???
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought it was a bit odd. I read the comment and was reminded of the old joke about the man heading off to the pub. He asks his wife to put on her coat, and after she expresses her surprise that he would want to take her with him, he replies "I don't. I'm turning the heating off". I seem to remember Les Dawson having a version of it, though I don't know who told it originally.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

LOL it sounds awful when you take it out of context like that.

My DARLING wife insisted on not having a VIP ticket and that a normal ticket would do as she would much rather spend that amount of money on our new baby.........and of course coats (for when I turn the heat off).

Hey Lindsey complimentary upgrade for the wife for making me look bad there.

Last edited by Madness Fades; 12-06-2011 at 06:39 PM..
Old 12-06-2011, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
LOL it sounds awful when you take it out of context like that.
yes, sounds bad - and it's actually not at all:

you all questioning madness are looking at this as an issue of chivalry i believe, but forget for a sec who's male who's female and think about it in terms of who's LB fan and who's not. madness is a huge LB fan and wanted to meet LB so bought extravagantly expensive m&g ticket that comes with 1st row seat. wife is not a huge fan and didn't care to spend huge amt of money on meeting him but still wanted to see the show (or madness wanted her to!).

i've done similar, but on the smaller scale - since Lindsey was not offering meet&greets in MD or anywhere in the US, really. i bought my husband and son tix in the 6th row middle, while 3rd row on the side for me. they are not LB fans and they wanted good seats to enjoy the show. they were not planning to go upfront. the seats they had were perfect for seeing and hearing the show, they found LB highly impressive and were loving the show. i had a seat that didn't have such perfect view but i could walk closer to the stage and dance.

Last edited by elle; 12-06-2011 at 07:46 PM..