Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2011, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd World Man View Post
Elle, i apologize if my comments made you sad. That certainly was not my intention. I get very defensive when John is involved, and i should have taken that article "with a grain of salt" like you said.
thanks Nico, 3rd World Man and MsLinds for responding to my post, and glad if it at all helped clarify things - and that initial reactions seem to have evolved and/or have been explained since. that article may have used the unfortuately often-used strategy of seeding little pieces of real facts and buidling stories on these facts that sound plausible because of the initial facts, regardless of whether they are true or not.

i don't know nearly as much about john and his sons as you all do, but i'll play anyway
1. What is your favorite JL solo album and why? imagine. it was his first solo album i ever heard; love the idealism expressed in several songs - makes the world nicer place
2. If you could travel back in time and meet John in any year, what would it be? 1970
3. What is your favorite John Lennon documentary? didn't see enough of them.. and what i did was looooong time ago
4. Tell me your true feelings about Yoko Ono. i think she was good for JL, and good influence on him. wasn't she independatly rich before she met him? don't know much about her other art, but i skip her songs on double fantasy and not interested in listening to her singing (sorry yoko!)
5. Whose music do you prefer: Julian's or Sean's? cannot asnwer competently
6. Favorite John Lennon lyrics from a song? many - imagine, power to the people come to mind; i think watching the wheels was a dry, witty comeback song
7. Favorite John Lennon melody? many... with beatles, and solo
8. one thing you loved most about John. this is not what i love the most, but what came to mind after reading the question. i have an impression of him as a somewhat flawed but interesting character, who worked hard on overcoming his flaws. i love that he was ono lennon. you still don't see much of that (even in women) in this country.
9. Best John Lennon hairstyle. 1980, without a doubt, he looked great at 40