Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-05-2009, 12:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScoop View Post
Maybe she finally realizes that giving up motherhood and trading off finding herself a true love for her "rock n roll lifestyle" wasn't worth it afterall. Let's face it - she gave up such a huge part of being a woman that honestly, she really didn't have to do. Every other hard working female in the music business has either gotten married and/or had children. NOBODY works harder and is more committed to their career as Madonna - yet despite putting out new CDs and touring every other year, she STILL managed to get married and have 2 children (not to mention the other 2 she adopted). This whole "there was no time" nonsense is a royal copout. Stevie has put out 2 new CDs in the past 20 years and yet she had no time? Please.

She's an old single woman who is probably very unfulfilled in her life. You can have all the money in the world, but if you're not truly happy inside, it isn't going to matter. It is quite obvious that she's unhappy at this point and who could blame her? It's obvious she doesn't want to tour anymore. It's clearly not fun for her anymore. She's no longer relevant in the music industry and that reality is probably sinking in. When she quit the drugs in '93, she really should have spent some time focusing on herself and her personal life. Her career was in the tank and she was no longer the darling of rock n roll. She was still young enough to have kids and have a real family. But she chose to release and tour off of Street Angel instead and then do nothing until The Dance.

So many years have gone by and she seems to have done a whole lotta nothing. So, if she's irritable and blaming her schedule for being tired or blaming her fans for stealing her music, can you fault her? It's probably a lot easier to blame the world for your problems than to face the reality that you might have wasted the majority of the past 20 years of your life....
This was very well-stated and interesting to read. I must ask this, and I'm embarrassed in a way, how many solo albums, excluding compilations/box sets, has Stevie put out since the start of her solo career? I'm curious because she is considered to be the more prolific one in terms of her and Lindsey, yet I am thinking now their solo contributions are about even. But I could be wrong. I know she has tons of demos and whatnot, but no doubt so does he.

Anyway, right, back to the subject...I personally agree that Stevie complains a lot. It doesn't bother me that much, but I truly disliked when she would start publicly berating Lindsey and airing all kinds of dirty laundry that (I feel) was mainly good PR, but just made me lose some respect for her. It seemed that all she could talk about were things that happened decades ago and how much she hated the SYW tour and album. But it was a whole different story when the album was released and she was doing press for the tour at the time. So it's become more and more difficult to take her at face value.

However, I personally feel like she probably tried her best during the shows I went to. I think her singing was spot-on and she was somewhat into it at times. Yes, for the most part she was not energetic or captivating, but there were spurts. And I guess those little moments meant a lot to some people.

This co-worker of mine went to see FM and declared to me, as I mentioned in the thread with that horrible, nasty review that blasts Stevie and calls her bloated was posted, that she no longer likes nor has any respect for Stevie. Apparently, the lady had extremely good seats and was observing how "so not into it" and "blank-faced" Stevie looked. She said she ignored most of the fans and seemed lifeless, whereas Lindsey went over and above and tore it up. Although I loved hearing the lady praise LB, I felt bad for SN a little. I like her, what can I say?

Anyway, suffice to say the lady hates Stevie now and wrote some letter to somewhere affiliated with the group complaining about her lackluster performance when she paid $400 for her tickets. She basically thinks Stevie is a lazy, ungrateful, rich hag who sucks up her fans' money and delivers phoned-in performances in return. I couldn't reason with her.

I just hope that a lot of other more casual fans aren't feeling this way...

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL