Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2003, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down Warner Brothers to SELL us album tracks...

Hey guys,

If you haven't checked out the "Insider news" of the fan club...

"SINGLE SONG DOWNLOADS will be available in MP3 format from Warner Bros. Records right at the site in advance of the record launch. WBR is handling this and there will be a minimal charge to download and own each song. We’ll send Fan Club Members advance notice of when this will go up. More news on this when we get it.

*The first song slated for download is “Peacekeeper” (the record cut full version) and we expect this to go up on 3/04 or 3/05! You will also be able to download a new (full cut from the record) song each week between 3/04 and 4/07 for a total of 5 songs over 5 weeks. The songs being offered for advance download (at a small fee per song to WBR) are:

“ Peacekeeper”
“ Running Through the Garden”
“ Steal Your Heart Away”
“ Smile at You” and
“ What’s the World Coming To”

MY PERSONAL OPINION....

I got TISL 3 weeks before it came out in stores. When I finally got my store copy, I was upset because there was no "magic" to the cd. The only thing new was the album art and such. For this album, I hve only heard the snippets of "Peacekeeper", "Say You Will", and the full, UNFINISHED version of 'Thrown Down". Frankly, I want this album to be extra special to me on April 15th, so I will pass on the album purchasing thing...although "Smile at you" is quite tempting!

~Alex