Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-25-2009, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusk! View Post
Now, I have been keeping an eye on STUBHUB.com because I wanted to see what seats I could have got for certain with the same amount of money spent otherwise... That site has tickets front row for like $500-$1000... That is amazing! Great seats still available there for, what I consider, a reasonable price.

$500 to $1000 is a reasonable price?? It is attitudes like that for many fans that have created these inflated ticket prices for decent seats through Ticketmaster, StubHub, etc.

Too bad we can't return to the days of waiting in line for tickets and the best seats went to the true fans!
Exactly.
When I was a teenager (many moons ago), you stood on line in front of the venue the day the tickets went on sale and that's how you got front row.
Not this game playing of let's sell the worst tickets first, let's hold back the best for those who we can get to pay super-inflated prices, etc.
The most devoted fans are the ones who get screwed the most, IMO. Either by buying the packages, or buying insurance seats first and then attempting to get better seats as time goes by. If you put in one "floor" seat for Madison Square Garden on ticketmaster (and this has been the case since a couple of days after the seats went on sale), you get the "sold out" window. It's not sold out AT ALL. There are over 1000 tickets on the ticketbrokers sites for this concert. And front row seats are something like $1700 and only sold in pairs. It's crap!
If you want to hold back tickets for brokers or other things--keep back half and at least throw first 10 rows into the mix every day or so. It's still a crap shoot, but a bit more fair.