User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-15-2007, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Saratoga=Friggin Gorgeous

Went to the show last night. Crappy seats, but lets not get into that. Crappy crowd as usual. Very appreciative crowd, but still chillin' like they do @ most shows. WTF is that all about? I just don't get it. Wonder if it bothers Linds.
Anyway, I have to say that this lil venue (and it is little...the seating chart is very misguiding) was GORGEOUS! Was up in the hills of No. California. At the top is an almost 360 degree view of the bay area (twinkling at night..... spectacular). Then you walk down a hill, into sorta a bowl like setting. The stage is backdropped by a castle looking entrance engulfed in green ivy. It was just really lovely. Was pretty hot here, (hate to bitch cause we have it really good here, but when it hits 95 degrees, us Californians start bitchin up a storm haha) but come evening, it was perfect. A small breeze. Ideal outdoor concert weather!

Lindsey had the Missus there, as well as a LOT of family and friends. His brother Jeff. He seemed to me to be showing off a bit more than usual. And why shouldn't he? This is really home. I feel very blessed to see the Mac or SN in the Bay Area, cause they do feel @ home, and it seems a little more special. For Lindsey, this REALLY WAS HOME area. Spoke of his grandmother living in Saratoga, and just all family area was w/in a 20 mile radius prolly when he was growing up. I think it was very nostalgic for him. I noticed particular differences in guitar work for Go Insane & Big Love. However, maybe I'm wrong, and it was jut how the sound is outdoors, but I swear his notes were in a little diff. order. If that makes any sense. A small tweak on the melody...in a positive way ofcourse. After his usual intro to Castaway Dreams, and the song, Kristin stood up at the end briefly applauding. It's funny cause it's always the same story how that song came to be, but even though he shares that with us, we'll still never know the private moment of what happened.

Nothing stood out in particular. I just mean, that it was as good a show as it always is. The whole barking thing after Holiday Road was a bit more and encouraged more so by LB. Could be the call of the wild instinct when surrounded by all those woods up in the Saratoga Hills. Great show...a small reprieve before Tahoe right?? Hopefully he got to spend some time w/ the fam before heading off to the next show.

Was a great night...slightly better than Santa Rosa...which I didn't review but hey. I will say that that too is an AWESOME venue...and if you are in this area, and see that an act you'd like to see live will be there...GO! Great sound, etc.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting