User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-2007, 02:30 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Ventura: Now with kung fu kicks

I think Lindsey may want to move to Ventura after tonight. I went to the show at the Wiltern, but the crowd was kind of pensive. This crowd was raucous, crowded the front, and had a blond drunk girl doing kung fu kicks to GYOW.

I **** thee not.

I'm still kicking myself for not doing the VIP ticket, but had a great seat and good view of both Lindsey, the band, and the aforementioned drunk girl.

Everybody (except aforementioned drunk girl) was so nice! LB fans are great! (I did feel conspicuous, representin' the "under 30, not there with parents" contingent...of which there are five.) And, LB fans are dorks, which I love - they are just adorkable. I staunchly believe that there are a great number of LB/FM fans who cannot dance - this also includes the members of FM. I say again, adorkable (and applicable to me. I do a mean robot and that's it.)

I must say, I <3 Wilfredo! First off, excellent name (I have two Wilfreds in my family) and his solo on World Turning was excellent - he looked thrilled to be there and to be doing anything on that stage.

And then...there was the drunk girl. The doors opened at 7, Lindsey went on about a quarter til nine. I got inside at 7:02ish. While all of us waited, drunk girl decided to urge everybody to hurry up with a succession of sharp whistles. Continuously. Before the sound guy ever went to his booth. At one point, I think there was a situation where somebody was going to get served, but see the above about LB/FM fans and dancing.

I was fortunate to have drunk girl in front of me all night (moving from behind me to in front and below, spending most of the concert in front of a trash can until moving it by the sound area). For some reason, Lindsey's recitation of "Sardonic World" prompted her to shout, "WAR!" quite a few times. Her self imposed harmonies with Lindsey are...undescribable.

But it was her kung fu kicks during GYOW that made my night. I can't even describe in more detail because nothing will ever be a more powerful description than, "Drunk girl did kung fu kicks during "Go Your Own Way" at a Lindsey Buckingham concert."