Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2006, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
Sorry, I don't think Down On Rodeo is ever gonna get big time radio play, no matter how good it is. Once again this maximum exposure/sales argument doesn't convince me. Lindsey is never going to sell millions again, especially as a solo artist, it's his hardcore fans he needs to appeal to rather than casual listeners.
My comment is being misconstrued... I didn't say that "Down On Rodeo" would get "big time radio play" or that Lindsey is going to sell millions again (wait, did he ever sell millions on his own?). I just tend to think that when DJs across the United States get that promo CD, they're going to opt not to play "Show You How," whereas they would be more inclined to give "Down On Rodeo" a chance.

The thing is, I have no idea what kind of numbers Warner/Reprise might be eyeing for this release. I'm sure it's something far more reasonable than what they expected for 'Say You Will,' but if it doesn't do at least what 'Out Of The Cradle' did (roughly 54,000 copies), then the danger is there that we won't get that electric album Lindsey has been talking about.

That's the only reason I want this album to get as much attention and as broad of an audience as possible.

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 09-20-2006 at 01:13 PM..