Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-31-2006, 01:06 AM
Senior Ledgie

I found this little blurb from Interview Magazine 6/03. Don't know how factual it is, we all know Stevie changes her stories often.

MD: I know Christine McVie decided not to be a part of the reunion, but did she contribute to the album in any way?

SN: She did. We used some recorded parts she performed in 1996 [for Lindsey Buckingham’s solo album]. She does some ooh-ooh-oohs on one of the songs, and she plays a little keyboard on another. It’s all very subtle. In a million years, she would never have thought that those little parts would end up being on a record in 2003. It was hard for me when I went back in there was no Christine. Did I miss her? Every day. Did I wish she were there? Absolutely. But she did not want to go on the road. It’s not that she wouldn’t have done this record; she would have. But if she couldn’t go on the road [to promote it], what would we have done if her songs had been the singles? We all tried to talk her out of her decision. Each one of us did. But there was a point in time where she looked at me and said, “I don’t want to be a road dog, ever again.” It’s that look in somebody’s eyes, when you know it’s for real. Her eyes said, “I can never go back.” So I said, “Okay. I release you.”

Then I found this from Classic Rock Magazine 6/03:

“After that, Lindsey really took the reins in lieu of the fact that Chris wasn’t there as musical partner, and with John’s and my support he got a very clear picture of where he wanted to take things. Chris it still there on one of the older tracks though – she’s singing and playing organ on Bleed To Love Her.”

~Kim