Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-12-2005, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
I think you need to go to a slaughterhouse and see them kill the animals in front of the other animals. When you see the blood and smell the smell of the hundreds slaughtered in a day you will realize there essentially is no difference between that method of killing and hunting them even the hunting of them in the controlled enviroment you mentioned. In all ways, they are being killed either way and hunting them can be more humane compared to say sticking a hog and letting it bleed to death (which takes awhile) , letting cattle stand in water with an electric current, or any of the other various ways . But, based on your obvious issues with guns and your assumption that people hunt solely for the thrill of it - you will never see it that way no matter how true it is because apprarently you think all guns are evil and people could never possibly want the choice not to eat steroid filled meat, make their own leather with natural dyes, etc., and you want to put your head in the sand when it comes to buying steroid filled prettily packaged meat for sale in the store. Interestingly, you do not mind when these slaughterhouse methods are used to make the food you eat, which I can assure you happens if you eat beef or for that matter if you wear leather, etc. - which granted you may not - but many do.

AND - the Christmas tree analogy is false unless you think trees feel pain when cut down and they also are not immune to their horrible farm raised experience

Interestingly, a somewhat valid argument could be made that it actually is a little fairer and more humane to kill them by hunting them - at least that way they have a relatively free and steroid free existence. AND - if people had to hunt what they ate, I can assure you there would be a whole lot less waste - thus less animals killed

In any event - you will never admit that so what is the point?
I, personally, think it would be better if all people hunted for their own meat. Not that that would ever happen, but i just think it is more humane and right. It is better, IMO, to be less removed from the killing and source of your meat, so that you really know what it is you are doing/killing, and why. I didn't express that very well, but hopefully you know what i mean. I think it is more soulfully aware of how the circle of life works to do so. (does that make sense?)

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -