User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-17-2004, 06:33 AM
Ledgie

Default News about Danny!

I just came home from London, been there on a journey.. I decided to check out some of the many music shops around Denmark Street, and came to a shop called "World of Music", selling bass-guitars and amplifiers. I had been told that the guy who worked there did worked in the Orange Music Shop in the late '60s which manufactured Orange amplification.. So I decided to walk in and talk to the man, he was around 50 years old maybe and his name was John Bates. I asked him about which Orange amp model Peter Green used in the early F.M, and here comes the most amazing.. this guy told me "Well, I was the one who sold the Orange amps to Fleetwood Mac.." and he also told me that he was an old friend of both Peter Green and Danny Kirwan, and used to bump into 'em still now and them.

Of course I could't wait to ask him how Danny is doing these days. John told me that he had met Danny just about a year ago, and that he was doing allright but still seemed a little bit mentally 'disturbed'. He's living on social benifits and royalty checks from the old Fleetwood Mac records.. he don't work and he doesn't play guitar anymore, unfortunately. He's probably still living at a men's hostel somewhere in London, and spends most of his days on the streets of London.