Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-16-2004, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default An informal survey

Hi,
I was hoping for some help with an informal survey. I'm curious as to when most people, especially in the U.S., first became aware of the Peter Green era Fleetwood Mac.
My theory is that most listeners today found these recordings by working their way backwards from the Buckingham / Nicks LPs / CDs which most likely introduced them to the band.
I may be completely wrong in my thinking here (wouldn't be the first time, ask my wife) and I realize age would play a large part; though I was too young to purchase the records when they were released, my older brother was not and though he had Mayall and Cream and Hendrix, neither he nor the older brothers (or sisters) of any of my friends, who's record collections we would inherit as we got older, ever had any Fleetwood Mac.
I never heard the band on the radio, although I grew up in New York and most rock radio was "free format" (oh for those days once more!)
The first time I heard the Green era FM was on a "House of Blues" radio program promoting the re-issue of the "Blues Jam in Chicago" sessions on CD.
Growing up, I'd never seen any but the post Blue Horizon LPs in the stores - (the artwork on Mystery to Me and Heroes Are Hard To Find guaranteed I'd never pick those up!) -
but anyway, I discovered the Green years through my interest in The Blues - I'd love to know how others found their way to it -
thanks in advance

All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives, choosing the shiny ones instead
E. Vedder