Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2014, 08:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

A couple thoughts...for one, I too am not convinced this is legitimate. I remember for the 2009 tour, there were these handwritten setlists that were being posted on the net and then put on the ledge which turned out to be fakes. These were the ones that had "Sisters" written and crossed out a variety of times and there was a couple of new ones each week that allegedly showed the setlist evolving as rehearsals continued. On the other hand, I could absolutely see this setlist being legitimate because it follows so many Fleetwood Mac patterns!
  • I could see You Make Loving Fun as the second slot. It's upbeat, very well known, and gets Christine right in everyones face at the top of the show. I actually much prefer the Chain/YMLF 1-2 punch than Chain/Dreams!
  • The setlist is so predictible that it actually begs to have been written by this band. Right down to essentially following much of the structure of last years tour. This is vintage FM, despite the band personnel changing from tour to tour.
  • I could absolutely live without Everywhere, I Know I'm Not Wrong, even Rhiannon. Substitue in Hold Me or Isn't it Midnight, What Makes You Think You're the One, and Angel or Seven Wonders or I Don't Want to Know and I'd be better about it!
  • Absolutely surprised if Stevie does Sisters of the Moon again. Sadly, it will be the same arrangement as last year despite Christine's presence. They are playing it very similar to the studio version and seemingly don't recall, or don't care to recall, how they played it live from '78-'82.
  • Please please please let Little Lies be true!!!! I was 6 and loved everything about this song when it came out. It was, by far, my first recallable Fleetwood Mac experience and to be able to hear it live by the full band would make every dollar I spent on my ticket worth it!
  • No Stand Back!? I'll believe that when I see it, but, maybe they decided no solo songs. I always wondered back in '97 what prompted her to put Stand Back in the set. During The Dance filming they didn't play it, and that long 4 part interview that was posted of the 5 of them, she was specifically asked if she would be playing any solo songs during the tour, to which she replied, "no." I would be shocked if this song was out..
  • Don't Stop/GYOW absolutely doesn't follow pattern, but it's doable and would work.