User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2013, 09:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default "and black moons in those eyes of her..."

What a time! What a show! I have to admit I thought the band might be a tad tired just coming off their NYC show without a day for rest - but this band yet surprised me again. Excellent show.. Great “east coast” audience.

Fleetwood Mac is beloved by so many.. And they love the hits. “Go Your Own Way” had almost everyone on their feet and singing. Everyone was humming along with “Landslide” and the woman next to me was wiping away tears when the song ended. I was in section 100 and was surprised at how much the audience was really into the concert - it was killer cool.

Some things I remember…

During “Never Going Back Again”, Stevie went to the far left of the stage and did this “witchy woman” dance in the dark during the guitar solo. I almost didn’t notice her - very creepy cool.

Stevie and Lindsey definitely play up the past jaded lover theme and it so works for the audience, especially the ladies… totally dug when Stevie went to Lindsey’s mike and sang “all I ever wanted was to know…” “Sara“ was delicious“ I got such a positive vibe from Stevie this time with the band.. She seemed to really want to be there playing with the boys.

And the songs.. And the setlist - it just so works the way the songs flow. I love, and I mean loved… “Big Love” “Gypsy” “Sisters of the Moon” “Sad Angel” “I’m So Afraid” “Silver Springs” "Sara" "Landslide" and “Say Goodbye” - my highlights. I lot of folks thought “Don’t Stop’ was the final song, but when the band came back on stage and started “Silver Springs,” folks stopped and some came back to listen. Fans just wanted more..

And “Say Goodbye” was the perfect way to end the Buckingham Nicks, I mean, Fleetwood Mac show. Seriously, B&N could totally tour as an act - just add the “Buckingham Nicks” songs to the setlist… and one final thing - “Sad Angel” shows that this band still has some great to music to share.. It totally rocked!

And in my “dreamer” mood, I begin to plan my next journey to see this band.. Let’s see Vegas over Memorial Day weekend, Jones Beach on a Saturday summer night.. Chicago this weekend.. I fell in love with Fleetwood Mac on Christmas 1976 when my sister gave me the White LP for a present. I can’t believe it’s 2013 and I’m still having the opportunity to see this band play on. I love Fleetwood Mac.