Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2013, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
well, luckily you will never have to worry about whether or not you can feel at ease and can carry a normal conversation with Lindsey since it's Mick and not him offering these .

if i remember correctly, at the time One Take first came out, there was a lot of characterization of LB as a cadillac liberal so i don't think you'd have to worry about his political inclinations.

the one FM member i could never see myself beeing able to spend any time with is Stevie... maybe it would be ok when she was younger, but she seems to never stop talking these days. i know too many people like that in real life and don't think i'd be able to stand it for entertainment purposes too. she also seems to be someone you'd have to walk around on the eggshells ("you wouldn't say that to Bob Dylan!" comes to mind), and i'm not sure about her political views.

John definitely seems to have very different political views from what mine may be, but somehow i'm thinking i could find something to talk about with John, although from all we know he's probably the one who is the least talkative of that bunch, if you are worried about the pregnant pauses.

Christine looks like she'd be really interesting to spend some time with... but like you said, it's hard to tell, we really don't know these people outside of their public persona.

so if i had my pick of spending some time with any of the 5, it would probably be Lindsey, Christine, and Mick, in that order.
I honestly have no desire to spend time with any of them. Sure, meeting them is fun and exciting. But spending prolonged periods of time, during which you know most of them would be looking at the clock or thinking about other pressing matters, is another thing. Unless they take an active interest in you as an individual, they are being put out in a sense, and that's a terrible feeling. And other than my admiration for their music and lives, we would have pretty much nothing to talk about!