Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2013, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
I added realistically because this isn't a thread for songs were most sick of. I know 90 percent of us would like for them to not play Dreams, but that's not realalistic. I do sort of agree with the band that there are certain songs they shouldn't exclude, but I disagree with how long their Must Do list actually is. I will be very upset to see any of these songs in th 2013 set:

1. Monday Morning
2. Stand Back
3. Never Going Back Again
4. Gypsy or Sara
5. World Turning
6. Silver Springs
7. Say you love me
8. I don't want to know
nice iteration on our ongoing discussions here!

i agree with most of your list, except Silver Springs. i've never heard Mac live yet and would love to hear Silver Springs at least once.

i don't understand while people keep bringing up MM for this tour. they did it last tour, it's a nice song, but time for a change again, i agree.

Stand Back - time to replace it with another rocking solo song of Stevie's. or like someone said, they can rock GDW like FFs did, and pick a different solo song of hers. if she needs a fast song, she can also use Ghosts Are Gone or EFO from SYW.

i agree that slowed down version of NGBA is not a very attractive song, and it was (besides Trouble) the only song i wasn't perfectly happy about during OMS tour last year and could do without. but you said realistically, and Lindsey has brought up several times already that it's a must do song. so no matter what we think it will stay. hope he speeds it up some more (he did already on OMS from SWS snail speed, but it needs more). and general audiences recognize this song and always react positively to it.

yes to getting rid of Gypsy and Sara - please please please bring in Angel and SOTM instead. or Destiny Rules.

i love World Turning, it's a great song, but Mick's solo kills it and takes up way too much time.what is it like 10 mins drum solo? i never made it through it on LiB without fastforwarding. he can show off his drum skills, but doesn't really need 10 mins, bunch of those mumbling incoherently.

agree on SYLM.

Go Insane should definitely go, however much i love it. it needs to be replaced by a rocking Lindsey solo song from SWS.

but realistically, of Christine's songs, Don't Stop is a must do. Don't Stop, Landslide and GYOW are probably the only FM songs everybody knows. realistically, those 3 are probably their only must dos. for comparison, i saw Dylan recently, the only 2 widely known songs he did was Like A Rolling Stone and All Along The Watchtower. of course, even those 2 were barely recognizable considering his current limitations . (and yes, i know that unlike FM, Dylan puts on a crappy show in general opinion, but i'm just talking about the setlist.)

so now when i switched to must dos - instead of 12 songs they are saying are must dos, there are actually 3 that i listed above.

well those 3 and The Chain.

other than those 4, Lindsey will never drop Big Love and I'm So Afraid, and he never fails to deliver on either of these 2, so these 2 will have to be added to must dos.

Stevie will never drop Dreams and Rhiannon, so these 2 will have to be added to must dos.

so that's 8.

i would love to hear Second Hand News, just b/c i love the song, the same with Gold Dust Woman.

so that's 10.

i would be shocked if they dropped Tusk.

so that's 11.

i just went back to those top 10 most downloaded songs -
1 GO YOUR OWN WAY
2 THE CHAIN
3 EVERYWHERE
4 LITTLE LIES
5 DREAMS
6 ALBATROSS
7 LANDSLIDE
8 DON'T STOP
9 BIG LOVE

10 SONGBIRD

i bolded all non-Christine songs plus Don't Stop. so we are covered. in the worst case scenario 11 is a must do, that's it!

now we have a space for 13 more songs if they want to stick to 24!!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"