The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: what next for LB?
More US solo tour dates before the end of the year 8 19.51%
Some UK/EU solo dates (either this year or interspersed with FM tour next year) 4 9.76%
New solo album or EP 5 12.20%
FM EP before starting the tour next year 6 14.63%
BN reissue and a short tour somewhere before or after FM tour 2 4.88%
All of the above 11 26.83%
None of the above 5 12.20%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2012, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
That just wounds.
I'm really sorry, CAD. That was definitley not my intent, to wound a friend. I love FM and I like BN too. You know that. But I prefer solo Lindsey (live or album) over everything else, no question about it. Stevie's voice hasn't been good in years. And as has been mentioned, songs such as Peacekeeper and SYHA are what I was thinking of (among others) when I said I didn't want her voice on his songs. I like the way he did them on his own. Lindsey harmonizing with Lindsey is a thing of beauty But I could have said it nicer. Which isn't to say I don't still like earlier work between them. I also think the original GOS is a masterpiece and I don't want to take the 8 songs Lindsey supposedly has written and break them up into 4 or 5 and maybe never even hear the others. I want all eight together - not 4 here, 2 there, and 2 more not at all. If he did in fact write them with FM in mind though, then it will be easier to accept. In a perfect world I'd get a new solo album AND a new FM album. But our band is not getting any younger, so I want as much Lindsey solo first and foremost.

And since we already know FM is touring, I do hope very much that they include BN songs...and not just one or two of them. That would be sweet. I get the impression Lindsey would like that too, so I'm guessing it'll be up to Stevie What I don't want is a BN tour following a FM tour, since it will simply take too much time.