Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-12-2012, 12:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Question When did she start to thank the city?

In the Mirage concert video, they finish the show with Songbird, and Christine singing .. Like never before... Thank you Los Angeles WE LOVE YOU!!! ...like never before

In the Tango concert video, they finish the show with Songbird, and Christine singing .. Like never before... Thank you San Francisco God Bless You!!! ...like never before

In The Dance DVD , they finish the show with Songbird, and Christine singing .. Like never before... Thank you and God bless everybody goodnight! ...like never before. She didn't thank the city cause I guess she knew this would be a DVD and a special reunion show so she replace the city with "everybody". However she did thank the city that year during the Reunion tour. I remember on thanksgiving day I was in NYC, and at MSG she said Like never before... Oh New York New York Thank you! ...like never before (actually can't remember if she said Thank you or God bless you but I do remember she mentioned twice: New York New York, and her voice kind of broke).

So did she start to thank the city during the final song, Songbird, since the first time they chose to finish with this song? And well, there's a 2nd question, when did they decided to use Songbird as the final song? Since the Rumours tour?

Maybe the ledgies who are fans and went to shows since the 70s know the answer.

PS: I remember Songbird was not the final song in 1997. Actually they came back to sing Farmer's Daughter, but she said Thank you to the city during Songbird anyway.