The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-12-2014, 11:18 AM

Default Mick Spotted

Mick Spotted at Village Recording Studio according to a blurb on FMnews .com.

Great news!
Old 03-12-2014, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

It has begun!!!

http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2014...t-village.html

Thanks for the heads up! Now we know the Mac will be recording in LA, and at the Village Recorder. A very appropriate venue, given it's Mac history.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
It has begun!!!

Thanks for the heads up! Now we know the Mac will be recording in LA, and at the Village Recorder. A very appropriate venue, given it's Mac history.

Did I miss something??? Other than the fact they bumped into Mick I don't see where this tweet says anything about FM recording there...Mick could have been at Village Recorder for any number of reasons...Won't it be considerably more expensive for them to record there as opposed to LB's studio??? I know Mick said something about most of the band recording in March but so far the only bit of information from Mick that has been confirmed is that CM will be working with FM...If Mick was spotted at a McDonalds would we assume he was there for a "Big Mac"...

Last edited by BlueDenimLamp; 03-12-2014 at 01:25 PM..
Old 03-12-2014, 01:36 PM
Registered

Welcome to the New Album!
Old 03-12-2014, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post

Did I miss something??? Other than the fact they bumped into Mick I don't see where this tweet says anything about FM recording there...Mick could have been at Village Recorder for any number of reasons...Won't it be considerably more expensive for them to record there as opposed to LB's studio??? I know Mick said something about most of the band recording in March but so far the only bit of information from Mick that has been confirmed is that CM will be working with FM...If Mick was spotted at a McDonalds would we assume he was there for a "Big Mac"...
I happen to agree, which is why I said nothing about recording. It's great news that he is in Los Angeles, (not Hawaii) and spotted in a recording studio, (not a McDonald's) . It's just a collection of circumstantial evidence that points to my wants and wishes. It could be nothing, or everything, or anything in between.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, if you take that article from January that said they were getting back in the studio in March, and somebody SAW Mick in a studio in March...STORY ADDS UP.

I don't necessarily believe in happy coincidence with these people.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 03-12-2014 at 03:49 PM..
Old 03-12-2014, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Well, if you take that article from January that said they were getting back in the studio in March, and somebody SAW Mick in a studio in March...STORY ADDS UP.

I don't necessarily believe in happy coincidence with these people.
I agree. This whole thing has been building behind the scenes since mid last year. Christine wouldn't have joined the Mac onstage unless she was rejoining the band. I knew the band would not admit to Christine's return until the 4 piece Mac had completed all their contractually obligated shows, either. 1 week after that came to pass, it was announced Christine was back in the band. Mick announced a while back that Christine was joining most of the band in the studio in March. It's now March, and Mick was spotted in the studio that Fleetwood Mac itself paid to build. Even if the rest of the band wasn't present at the studio at that moment, you'd better believe Mick was there on some sort of official capacity. Even if it's just to hammer out a deal with the studio for time usage, to check on equipment, etc.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:27 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
It has begun!!!

I'm so happy! But the worst is that they aren't playing it up in the press... Give us some new photos of the band... Give us a new interview with Christine plus the others... C'mon already!
Old 03-19-2014, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Okay, I am THRILLED the band are recording again. And while I am now more confident than ever that an album will emerge, I am not as confident it will come out in four or five months. Still, there are some factors that are in favor of getting the music much more quickly the in the past:

1. This is the first time in decades that Christine is not half-wishing she'd go in retirement. Her eagerness to be on the road and with her "friends" again will do a lot to put a fire under the others.

2. Her presence is bound to have a positive effect on the relations between Lindsey and Stevie.

3. John's cancer bout means these professionals have to work more efficiently than they have in the past.

4. Mick must be foaming at the mouth to get another tour going--and to promote an album of new music that is as anticipated as any of the band's 70s/80s blockbusters.

5. As mentioned, Lindsey already has a substantial amount of unused material. And his own attitude is pro-band thee days, as opposed to "I had to give up so much of my musical painting to be in this band..."

I'm hoping, hoping, hoping, a new album emerges by Fall, say October.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
4. Mick must be foaming at the mouth to get another tour going--and to promote an album of new music that is as anticipated as any of the band's 70s/80s blockbusters.
Yes, it's as hotly anticipated by us, but not by anyone else. I'm a little afraid that's something that could cause a delay. Maybe they are already talking to WB, as one of Lindsey's comments indicated awhile back. But if they aren't, they will keep waiting for a record company, while we fans would rather they just get it out independently, ASAP.

Michele
Old 03-20-2014, 12:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, it's as hotly anticipated by us, but not by anyone else.

Michele
To imagine that a Fleetwood Mac album now would be as anticipated as the follow up to Rumours was in the late 1970s is patently absurd.