User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Butch Walker

Any fans round these parts?

I just saw him live for the first time tonight. Relatively, I haven't been into him that long (six months or so) but it's been a pretty quick sell and I love his solo albums, Sycamore Meadows most still at the moment. Just starting to go back a little further, after getting his live album and song-crushing HARD on "Cigarette Lighter Love Song" (which he played tonight, ahhhh!). He puts on such a good show, so full of energy and stage presence and awesomeness. And for the last song, he came off the stage for a dance party and was just a few people away! I'd go see him again in a second.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:53 PM
Supporting Ledgie

I liked "Left of Self-Centered" and really liked "Letters"... Never got to see him live... but he played quite often in Atlanta when I lived there. I don't know why I didn't go see him.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I like Butch! I used to get teased about him, I worked at his record company when Letters was released and he came in to our office to perform for us in our conference room. Even though he looked like he hadn't washed his hair in about six days, I thought he was dreamy.

By the time picture time came, everyone kept shoving me up to the front - "Hayley, stand next to Butch! Oh, Hayley needs another pic. No, take four more. Butch, can you grab her butt for this shot? Lick her face!"

I like Letters a lot but I really love the Rise and Fall album. Where was he playing in NYC? Glad you had fun
Old 05-21-2010, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayley View Post
I like Butch! I used to get teased about him, I worked at his record company when Letters was released and he came in to our office to perform for us in our conference room. Even though he looked like he hadn't washed his hair in about six days, I thought he was dreamy.

By the time picture time came, everyone kept shoving me up to the front - "Hayley, stand next to Butch! Oh, Hayley needs another pic. No, take four more. Butch, can you grab her butt for this shot? Lick her face!"

I like Letters a lot but I really love the Rise and Fall album. Where was he playing in NYC? Glad you had fun
Aww! Can't say I find him all that attractive myself yet as the night wore on and he got sweatier and the leather jacket went away and the tattoos came out, I still kind of found myself attracted to him? I think it's just as much the energy and the presence as the look!

He played at Webster Hall, which was a pretty perfect venue aside from the fact that it's also a dance club. Butch spent the whole show worrying that they were going to get cut off by dance music penetrating the floor and I think they actually played a shortened set because of it before finding out they had more time than they thought and coming out and playing a few more and having the aforementioned dance party.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Butch is amazing. I have pretty much everything that he has commercially released. His live shows are mesmerizing - more energy than I can describe.
Sycamore Meadows was my favorite release that year. His new one with The Black Widows, "I LIKED YOU BETTER WHEN YOU HAD NO HEART" is fantastic.

Butch Walker is one hell of an artist. And a nice guy, too.

rbs
Old 05-23-2010, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm really stuck on his live album "Leavin' the Game on Luckie Street" right now. I'm kind of working backwards as far as the solo albums go so I've gotten to know the earlier solo songs in their live versions and they are so explosive. The energy of his shows transfers amazingly to record and through the speakers!

I also can't get enough of his Queen medley from "Cover Me Badd", aaaaah.