Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Conspiracy Theory #101.

People,

(let the flaming begin)…………….

g….

Last edited by Edgeof27; 04-19-2009 at 02:19 AM..
Old 01-23-2009, 07:11 PM
Registered

not this again
Old 01-23-2009, 07:32 PM
Banned

Poor EDGE of 27... Friend- this is all true. We are at the mercy of concert promoters... It's a dog's life. LOL
Old 01-24-2009, 02:03 AM
Registered

The last 2 Stevie tours I waited and waited and waited till finally 3 days before the concert I got 5th row and 7th row.

Is there anyone here who waited for good seats to come up but none ever did?
Old 01-24-2009, 05:06 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfontherun View Post
The last 2 Stevie tours I waited and waited and waited till finally 3 days before the concert I got 5th row and 7th row.

Is there anyone here who waited for good seats to come up but none ever did?
For in-demand/sold out shows? good tickets rarely get dropped close to show time for those.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

For the Two Voices show in Mansfield, Ma. nothing good ever came up.
Old 01-24-2009, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There were a few. I remember, specifically, PNC in NJ and a few of the Borgata shows for Stevie.
I can't say I always got fabulous tickets last-minute. And, previously, I almost always had "insurance tickets," that I either sold on ebay, if there was time, or ate the cost of and just gave away on the day of the concert.
But I won't be doing that this time. Too expensive and there isn't enough to tempt me, this go-round, to be so foolish.

(Now, when new material is involved--all bets are off).

It's always a gamble, to answer your question.
Old 01-24-2009, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know how everyone always gets great seats by waiting until the last minute...... I have looked and looked for just about every FM or Stevie concert in the Detroit area and it just never happens for me..... I usually just buy mine when I can...... now I have heard of people getting good seats at the box office right before a show but I'm not that big of a gambler Are these people just buying 1 ticket and that's it?? Maybe that is the difference????

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Old 01-25-2009, 09:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeof27 View Post
People,

I believe that all the Ticket sales are “designed” to fill the various venues, by selling tickets all over the arena, but not all of the “best available” tickets, leaving good tickets available for later sales.

g….
probably... but all vip and presales were sold just for credit card with US billing address.. .

I finally got a floor ticket for the Dallas show but zone 16, like row I guess
Old 01-25-2009, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've never had super amazing seats, as in first 15 rows... ever. And we've always bought out tickets right when they go on sale, so I'm thinking, if we're even interested in going, my family and I are going to wait until a couple days before or something.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My peeps & I got front row center seats at Fleetwood's opening night at Arrowhead Pond in 2003. We called the morning of the show. Does that sort of thing still happen?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 01-26-2009, 12:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
My peeps & I got front row center seats at Fleetwood's opening night at Arrowhead Pond in 2003. We called the morning of the show. Does that sort of thing still happen?
Paula got front row center for the Stevie/Chris Isaak show in Camden, NJ the day of the show... that was like 2007 I think...
Old 01-26-2009, 12:17 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHeart69 View Post
Paula got front row center for the Stevie/Chris Isaak show in Camden, NJ the day of the show... that was like 2007 I think...
They used to drop front row tickets all the time on the SYW tour. I got front row center tickets in the fan club presale for Moline, and a couple days before the show, I picked up a single in the front row (adjoining our seats, actually) so a friend could go with us.

This was not an isolated incident. I used to see 1st/2nd row tickets pop up all the time a few days prior to the show. The promoter releases ticket holds for either the band, the record label, the venue, or their own promoter holds leading up to the day of the show- its not some nefarious scheme or conspiracy theory, no matter how much some of you would like it to be.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:49 AM
Banned

Yeah, this will be the first time that I will have super close seats. I have always been that kid in the top of the venue who paid like 20-80 bucks a seat and looked down and wished to be the people with the VIP passes and seats within the first few rows. I guess it's all gonna happen. (TEAR, lol...)

HOWEVER- I am shocked at this presale game... After the presale and a few days pass of open sales you could log onto Ticketmaster and get like fifth row in the sections closest to the stage! I was like: What the F??? lol

Now, I have been keeping an eye on STUBHUB.com because I wanted to see what seats I could have got for certain with the same amount of money spent otherwise... That site has tickets front row for like $500-$1000... That is amazing! Great seats still available there for, what I consider, a reasonable price.

If anyone gets seats on the last day of the show I would like to hear what kind of seats you got. I have never done that so... I am super interested.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:04 PM
Ledgie

Now, I have been keeping an eye on STUBHUB.com because I wanted to see what seats I could have got for certain with the same amount of money spent otherwise... That site has tickets front row for like $500-$1000... That is amazing! Great seats still available there for, what I consider, a reasonable price.

$500 to $1000 is a reasonable price?? It is attitudes like that for many fans that have created these inflated ticket prices for decent seats through Ticketmaster, StubHub, etc.

Too bad we can't return to the days of waiting in line for tickets and the best seats went to the true fans!
Closed Thread