Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-16-2009, 11:09 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Walfredo Speaks About 2009 Fleetwood Mac Tour

Today I spoke with Walfredo Reyes at the NAMM convention. He said that Lindsey wants Walfredo on the FM tour but that Mick Fleetwood has stated that he does not want any additional percussion used. He also said that the FM tour would take up the better part of the year. After the FM tour, Lindsey will be back to work on more solo ventures.

--- GRUNO ---
www.StudioGruno.com
Old 01-17-2009, 12:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
Today I spoke with Walfredo Reyes at the NAMM convention. He said that Lindsey wants Walfredo on the FM tour but that Mick Fleetwood has stated that he does not want any additional percussion used. He also said that the FM tour would take up the better part of the year. After the FM tour, Lindsey will be back to work on more solo ventures.

--- GRUNO ---
Actually, if Mick goes on without another percussionist, I'm really proud of him. That's an unexpected move. I'm sure he'll have that Steve in the wings, helping to fill in some licks, in between pouring liquid down Mick's throat. But to not have a Taku or anyone out there is big news.

If the tour only lasts for the better part of this year, then it's a "short" one. I wanted FM to work together, but if they don't, having Lindsey do more solo stuff is not a let down.

Michele
Old 01-17-2009, 01:56 PM
Ledgie

Quote:

--- GRUNO ---
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Actually, if Mick goes on without another percussionist, I'm really proud of him. That's an unexpected move. I'm sure he'll have that Steve in the wings, helping to fill in some licks, in between pouring liquid down Mick's throat. But to not have a Taku or anyone out there is big news.

If the tour only lasts for the better part of this year, then it's a "short" one. I wanted FM to work together, but if they don't, having Lindsey do more solo stuff is not a let down.

Michele
Could there be a huge misunderstanding here about what Mick meant?

Wally is being quoted that Mick doesn't want any "additional" percussionists on tour. Why does everyone assume this means nobody else but Mick is playing percussion? Read what Wally said again and think about it. Maybe Mick meant he wants nobody additional to somebody he already has? I don't read Wally's quote as being exclusive to everyone. Just him. Don't forget Mick had Steve Rinkov and Taku on the SYW tour. I believe Rinkov was per Mick. Taku was per Lindsey. Maybe Rinkov is still in the mix? If not, somebody else must be.

It makes sense Mick doesn't want another of Lindsey's guy on this tour. It sounds like typical FM politics as usual. Even if the band needs to cut back on expenses this time, it's a sure bet Lindsey and Stevie still have their own backups signed on, per usual. Has anyone clearly stated Mick doesn't already have his own backup?

I'd give them all huge props if only the 4 of them went out, did an intimate show, touring 2k-5k seat venues. I'd be there giving the loudest applause in the house, even if they hit a few clinkers. They don't have the courage and lack of concern for $$$ to do something like that for us devoted fans. This is a money grab, aimed at the general public, once again. No new music to promote either. No, a stripped down intimate tour this is not. We're talking arenas here, guys. Only Mick on beat?

Fleetwood Mac is touring arenas in 2009 with 6o something year old Mick Fleedwood as the only percussionist? Who really believes this sounds plausible?

If they don't use additional musicians for these shows, you know we're gonna get an overloaded of samples from Brett's keyboard. Personally, I prefer real musicians. If I'm paying $200 to sit in the rafters and watch these geezers make fools of themselves I want to hear live music. I don't care who plays it.

Last edited by mgikallaroundme; 01-17-2009 at 02:01 PM..
Old 01-17-2009, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgikallaroundme View Post
If they don't use additional musicians for these shows, you know we're gonna get an overloaded of samples from Brett's keyboard.
You've got a point there. I dont want what Wally was doing for his World Turning "drum solo" during an FM show. I can do that myself with Garage Band. Well, I really can't do it, but it's the principal of the thing.

Michele
Old 01-17-2009, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgikallaroundme View Post
Could there be a huge misunderstanding here about what Mick meant?

Wally is being quoted that Mick doesn't want any "additional" percussionists on tour. Why does everyone assume this means nobody else but Mick is playing percussion? Read what Wally said again and think about it. Maybe Mick meant he wants nobody additional to somebody he already has? I don't read Wally's quote as being exclusive to everyone. Just him. Don't forget Mick had Steve Rinkov and Taku on the SYW tour. I believe Rinkov was per Mick. Taku was per Lindsey. Maybe Rinkov is still in the mix? If not, somebody else must be.

It makes sense Mick doesn't want another of Lindsey's guy on this tour. It sounds like typical FM politics as usual. Even if the band needs to cut back on expenses this time, it's a sure bet Lindsey and Stevie still have their own backups signed on, per usual. Has anyone clearly stated Mick doesn't already have his own backup?

I'd give them all huge props if only the 4 of them went out, did an intimate show, touring 2k-5k seat venues. I'd be there giving the loudest applause in the house, even if they hit a few clinkers. They don't have the courage and lack of concern for $$$ to do something like that for us devoted fans. This is a money grab, aimed at the general public, once again. No new music to promote either. No, a stripped down intimate tour this is not. We're talking arenas here, guys. Only Mick on beat?

Fleetwood Mac is touring arenas in 2009 with 6o something year old Mick Fleedwood as the only percussionist? Who really believes this sounds plausible?
Maybe Lindsey just told Wally that or maybe Wally was saving face by saying that Mick didn't want any extras on the tour....
Old 01-18-2009, 12:35 AM
Junior Ledgie

Spoke with Mick today and he also posed for some pictures for me. Will post all that after I get some much needed rest.

--- GRUNO ---
www.StudioGruno.com
Old 01-18-2009, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Taku was Lindsey's pick? Somehow I doubt that.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Spoke with Mick today and he also posed for some pictures for me. Will post all that after I get some much needed rest.

--- GRUNO ---
You mean Mick was at NAMM this weekend? I thought the Mac had started rehearsing for the tour (started 'gelling', as Stevie's PR release said).

I'm curious, what's Mick doing there? Not shopping for another sound-wired vest, I hope....

We're waiting for more, Gruno!

edit: never mind, I went back and re-read Michele's post about Stevie's PR release -- it said Stevie was looking forward to the 'chemistry', not that they were actually already rehearsing and 'gelling.' My mis-read. I suppose they don't need much time to rehearse for this tour, since they can play all the songs in their sleep, anyway....

Last edited by OldTimer; 01-18-2009 at 07:27 PM..
Old 01-17-2009, 12:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
After the FM tour, Lindsey will be back to work on more solo ventures.
My fave part of your post. Thank you for sharing that with us!
Old 01-17-2009, 05:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

But, but... where's the new Mac-album
Old 01-17-2009, 05:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey Jr. View Post
I'm starting to wonder if that's actually going to happen. I sure hope it does, but if there's one thing I've learned in following this band for the last 32 years, it's to expect the unexpected.
Old 01-17-2009, 05:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I really hope that means they will tour Europe in the summer/fall.

Fleetwood Mac - Glendale, Arizona - 5/24/09 ♥
Fleetwood Mac - Oberhausen, Germany - 10/12/09 ♥
Old 01-17-2009, 07:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Woo! Lindsey solo over a new Mac album Lindsey solo is the way forward these days since they were more of a band than FM these days and Lindsey seemed so happy to be doing it. Keep growing solo, Lindsey!
Old 01-17-2009, 07:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyGirl15 View Post
I really hope that means they will tour Europe in the summer/fall.
I'm going to win euromillions, so that they can give a private "European Ledgie" show in my hometown
Old 01-18-2009, 02:27 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey Jr. View Post
Not too much of a dissapointment. At least we'll get more Lindsey stuff.