Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-29-2007, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Rapid City, Sioux Falls and Fargo

Well, I've been on a few road trips this tour, and this one was without question the most fun! I'll go through each city individually since fun stuff happened in each one!

Rapid City: I left Minneapolis at about 4:30 or so our time and had a very nice drive across South Dakota and arrived in Rapid City at about 12:30 their time(They're 1 hour behind) I met Lindsey from here(#1LiddyBuckFan) and we were off to Mount Rushmore. That place is something else! We stayed for about 20 minutes or so and took alot of pictures, had a great time! Got back into town, arrived to the venue and I got my first look at the Truck. Folks, whatever that truck hit was a big motherf***ER, cause the entire front right side was banged up. What was funny though was one of the crew guys Duct taped everything together! Hilarious! Then the guys arrived and Wally came over and chatted with me for about 5 min and had to head inside. Now onto the show. The crowd was terrible, I estimated it at only 500-700 or so. Lindsey came out and was like "I guess peoeple around here have other stuff to do tonight. Don;t you guys have a smaller place to play?" He and the rest of the band really warmed to the crowd though as they made up for their lack of size with plenty of enthusiasm! At the end of Second Hand News Lindsey as he was backing up at the end of the song tripped on one of the cords on stage and fell flat on his back! Not only was he not hurt he didnt even miss a beat and ended the song with one last bang of the guitar. What a pro! So the show goes on uneventfully and afterwards, thanks to a "little birdie" we made our way to the hotel which was right behind the venue. Lindsey and the guys got there and as usual Lindsey chatted with em and the other Lindsey for about 20 min or so. We both got our pictureds taken and the famale Lindsey and I made our way into the bar where Brett and Wally were already holding court. We joined in the festtivities and we all had a blast! Brett and Lindsey chatted and got their pics taken together as well as Brett and I and Wally and I talked for a good 45 min. The party finally had to break up, BUMMER, and so then it was to SIoux Falls.

Sioux Falls Lindsey and I caravaned the trip from Rapid City to Sioux Falls as she had a rental car. We made the obligatory stop at Wall Drug and we HAD to have our pictures taken with the famous Jackalope! It was quite hilarious! SO after getting settled in in Sioux Falls, Lindsey's friend Jessica had arrived from Fargo and we met at the show. I of course being the comple klutz I am, managed to trip and twist my ankle as I was going into the venue and was in pain the whole show! UGH! The usher asked if I needed medical attention and I said "The only way I'm missing this show is if I'm dead!" So the show itself was quite interesting in that this totally hammered drunk lady came up to the stage and proceeded to interrupt Lindsey as he was about to start Big Love. I'm not sure what she all said, but he actually came over to her side of the atage and listened to her for a couple minutes. It was quite weird! So after the show we made our way over to the Sheraton and Partied with the guys again. Man these guys are a lot of fun to hang out with!

Fargo The show here was a general adlission club and the whole gang of us got our spots up by the stage and the show was again VERY interesting. Lindsey broke into abotu a minute of My Little Demon on the acoustic guitar! Very good stuff. Then for GYOW he brings out this black guitar which I'd never seen before, and at the and of the song proceeds to gang it on the stage about 5 times bur wasnt able to break it like he did in Westbury! It was fun to watch though! SO after the show we stood out at the edge of the fenced off area and when the guys all came out Lindsey invited Lindsey, her friend and I along with this nice guy named George from Denver over and they all gave us hugs and thanked us for all the support! People all of the guys in this band, Lindsey included are the nicest guys! I'm only sorry I have just one more show Saturday night. Lindsey will have plenty of pictures to post in a day or 2 as she's still in Fargo visiting her friends. Cant wait for Summerfest tomorrow! Oh one more thing, when I arrived in Fargo the road crew had found a fake deer head and mounted it on the hood of the truck like an ornament!!! LMAO, when the guy arrived, Brett, Neale and Wally and I all stood ion front of the damaged part of the truck with the deer head in the background for a great picture!

Last edited by DavidMn; 06-29-2007 at 11:46 AM..
Old 06-29-2007, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

That sounds like so much fun! I'm glad you had such a good time at the shows! Did you enjoy Mnt. Rushmore? It really is a site to see. I wish I could have been so lucky to have been there, esp. now that I hear he has a new guitar
Old 06-30-2007, 08:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yet again an amazing experience, David. Very cool. Nice that he fooled around with the li'l demon.

In all your chats with the guys you and #1 surely asked about a european tour. What's the answer?

Old 06-30-2007, 10:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

David ! I will be at Summerfest tonight also! I hope to see you there!!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Old 07-01-2007, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I have returned home finally and am still completely in a haze with everything that happened at and after these three shows...it's hard to know where to begin.

I promise I full review tomorrow as I need some time to get my head straight! Pictures will be included!

Old 07-02-2007, 08:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the reviews David. It was almost as good as being there. Congrats on getting the tour stuff you definitely deserved it! Good to hear the band mingled with you guys before and after the show. So many stars just dash and run. Shows they do appreciate our efforts. Kudo. You rock!

CarolC
Old 07-03-2007, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh no! I'll never live down kissing the jackalope now!
Old 07-03-2007, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
Oh no! I'll never live down kissing the jackalope now!
I'll never get over tasting their nasty ass "famous" free water!!

Old 07-03-2007, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1LiddyBuckFan View Post
I'll never get over tasting their nasty ass "famous" free water!!

ya get what ya pay for!
Old 07-04-2007, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
ya get what ya pay for!
I was fooled by all of the road signs...

Old 07-04-2007, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1LiddyBuckFan View Post
I was fooled by all of the road signs...
"all" hardly even begins to describe the constant bombardment LOL