The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-18-2005, 11:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Some more odd and end tours coming this fall!

Some more tour rumours are popping up everyday. Someone of these really catch my eye...
i/e/ Boston/Styx and Aerosmith/Van Halen although no mention of Stevie and Don though.....

Boston Globe:
http://www.boston.com/news/globe/liv...rt_highlights/
Major acts such as Paul McCartney and the Rolling Stones aren't expected until the fall, but the coming months will be flush with tours by Toby Keith, Tim McGraw, Destiny's Child, String Cheese Incident, and classic-rock packages of Boston and Styx, Robert Plant and Jeff Beck, and perhaps Aerosmith and Van Halen, according to various promoters and agents.

Many tours will land at the Tweeter Center, where Oasis and Jet are confirmed for a 20th anniversary show on June 24 (already on sale). Fans can also look to the Tweeter for Green Day, the Dave Matthews Band, and Ozzfest, along with a possible date by Josh Groban and maybe a Kenny Chesney/Gretchen Wilson double bill or an Alan Jackson/Sara Evans pairing.

Yet another classic-rock tour -- featuring Bryan Adams and Def Leppard -- will play Brockton's minor-league ballpark, Campanelli Stadium, where Bob Dylan and Willie Nelson headlined last year.

The punk-oriented Vans Warped Tour will move from the Gillette Stadium parking lot to the Northampton Fairgrounds (look for an Aug. 15 date to be posted Monday on the Vans Warped website). The change is because promoter John Peters of MassConcerts was frustrated last year with his treatment by the Foxborough board of selectmen, which he says held up the show until the last minute. Gillette officials also wanted to bring it inside the stadium rather than have it in the parking lot, but Vans Warped organizers said no.

''We're going back to a place where people want it," Peters says.

Also, the WBCN River Rave, which is normally held at the Tweeter Center in June, may be pushed back or may not happen at all this summer.

''If I can't offer something that is worth the money to plunk down, then I'm not going to do it at all," says WBCN program director Dave Wellington. ''Each year it gets tougher. . . . Many groups don't like doing radio station shows because there are a lot of poorly run shows around the country and they've gotten a bad rap."

The big buzz is about a stadium show featuring Eminem, 50 Cent, and Linkin Park, but no one is yet confirming if it will come to Gillette Stadium.

Other acts expected to book Boston-area dates are Coldplay, Velvet Revolver (who plays the Mullins Center in Amherst May 3), Tool, Staind, Brian Wilson (whose website posts an Aug. 9 date at Bank of America Pavilion, formerly FleetBoston Pavilion), and another ''American Idol" tour (likely at the DCU Center in Worcester). Also of interest is a possible Audioslave/System of a Down pairing, though that's not likely until the fall.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The Mullins Center is the pits, man. I got into a fight with someone at a Smashing Pumpkins (bite me, this was the nineties) concert there once after they blew pot smoke in my face. Threw my coke right at them.

I actually might brave the tweens and see Destiny's Child. I am endlessly fascinated by Beyonce, I think she's quite a talent.

Old 03-19-2005, 12:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Smashing Pumpkins (bite me, this was the nineties)
lol nothing wrong with the Smashing Pumpkins.

Quote:
I actually might brave the tweens and see Destiny's Child. I am endlessly fascinated by Beyonce, I think she's quite a talent.
I am thinking about going too. I am sure it will be tons of fun.
Old 03-19-2005, 07:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool, the Plant/Beck thing sounds like a good show. And a double bill of Aerosmith/Van Halen would be huge. Not to mention U2 coming here in the fall. I guess I'll still be dishing out the cash even tho the Mac isn't touring.
Old 03-19-2005, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh yeah-- wrapping herself in furs, showing off her big ass, and calling herself 'bootylicious' is talented alright. Ugh, I can't stand that little (insert derogatory word here)!

Don't get me wrong, she is sexy. But talented? Absolutely not.
Old 03-19-2005, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vicky
Oh yeah-- wrapping herself in furs, showing off her big ass, and calling herself 'bootylicious' is talented alright. Ugh, I can't stand that little (insert derogatory word here)!

Don't get me wrong, she is sexy. But talented? Absolutely not.
Those statements coming from a Justin Timberlake fan do not hold much weight, my dear.

Old 03-19-2005, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Van Halen will not...

be touring anytime soon according to recent interviews with bassist Michael Anthony, Who has publicly said "Unless Edward cleans himself up there will be no more touring for Van Halen or any studio work".

Michael Anthony is goin' out on tour with Sammy Hagar this summer regardless of the Van Halen situation.

Only tours I am really interested in seeing (At this time) are the Judas Priest/Queensryche/Dokken (Dokken is being rumored as the opening act) tour & the upcoming 2005 Dream Theater World Tour in support of their June 28 release "Octavium"...Def Leppard/Bryan Adams is playing OKC so I may see that tour too.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 03-20-2005, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Those statements coming from a Justin Timberlake fan do not hold much weight, my dear.
Me? A Justin Timberlake fan? Umm. No. I liked 'Justified' but that doesn't make me a fan. Besides, if I hadn't found the cd for as cheap as I did (about $5) I would never have bought it at all.
Beyonce? You'd have to pay me to get me to listen to her sh*t.
Old 03-20-2005, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vicky
Me? A Justin Timberlake fan? Umm. No. I liked 'Justified' but that doesn't make me a fan. Besides, if I hadn't found the cd for as cheap as I did (about $5) I would never have bought it at all.
Beyonce? You'd have to pay me to get me to listen to her sh*t.
You certainly couldn't get me to pay to listen to Justin's ****, not even five cents. He thinks he's the second coming of Michael Jackson, boy grates on me like nails on a chalkboard. Sounds like someone is tweaking his balls every time he sings. Either that or he hasn't hit puberty quite yet.

Old 03-20-2005, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The Mullins Center is the pits, man. I got into a fight with someone at a Smashing Pumpkins (bite me, this was the nineties) concert there once after they blew pot smoke in my face. Threw my coke right at them.

Raise your hand if you used to sing "despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage," randomly?

I had some crazy bitch behind me at the Camden show throw coke on myself and some people next to me. I turned around and laughed. She was BEYOND drunk.

Destiny's Child?!?! I'd pay to see you with that lot.
Old 03-20-2005, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
Raise your hand if you used to sing "despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage," randomly?

But I never had rage issues, so I suppose I was a poseur.

I still think Tonight Tonight is still a damn fine song, though.

Quote:
I had some crazy bitch behind me at the Camden show throw coke on myself and some people next to me. I turned around and laughed. She was BEYOND drunk.
I would have pushed her to make her fall flat on her ass.

Quote:
Destiny's Child?!?! I'd pay to see you with that lot.
Nah, I'm not going. But I love Beyonce and don't give a fiddler's fart what anyone says.

Old 03-19-2005, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Rumours77
Some more tour rumours are popping up everyday. Someone of these really catch my eye...
i/e/ Boston/Styx and Aerosmith/Van Halen although no mention of Stevie and Don though.....

Check out the Stevie board for my post about that.

Also I heard on the radio yesterday that Queen and Paul Rodgers will tour the US in the fall doing both Queen and Bad Company songs and maybe more.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow Yo..

Who sings lead in Van Halen these days? Is Sammy back?
Old 03-19-2005, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
Who sings lead in Van Halen these days? Is Sammy back?
Yep, it's Sammy. I saw them a couple times last year. (Even though Sammy Hagar grates on my nerves like few others).

I might try and fare Ozzfest this year, since Iron Maiden is Rumoured to be there. Seeing them with Black Sabbath on the same night would be ace.
Old 03-19-2005, 06:21 PM
Ledgie

I know I'll definately be going to see Paul McCartney. I caught him on his last tour and that was my first time seeing him. I never thought I'd get to see him ONCE in my lifetime. Getting to see him a second time is a dream come true for me. It's like getting to see FM again On my wish list of course is Stevie, since I've never gotten to see her solo.
--Amy