User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-28-2012, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default New Mac songs named

Stevie Nicks Reveals Two New Song Titles Recorded by Fleetwood Mac
In this audio conversation, which is obviously part of a larger interview, Stevie talks about going over to Lindsey's home to record her vocals on two tracks that Mick, John and Lindsey had previously recorded earlier this year.

Stevie said the boys went in at the beginning of this year and recorded some songs (Lindsey talked about 8 songs recorded in previous interviews) and that they wanted her to come but she said her mother had just passed away and she wasn't in any condition to sing or write songs. She went on to say that she went over to Lindsey's and recorded her vocals parts on two of the tracks, one that she picked and one that Lindsey picked saying:

“They came out great,” says Stevie. “They sound totally like really great Fleetwood Mac songs.”

The songs are “Miss Fantasy” and “Sad Angel.”

Stevie and Lindsey also recorded a third song, which may be released next year as part of a possible 40th anniversary edition of the Buckingham-Nicks album.

http://www.nickslive.blogspot.com/20...-new-song.html

Last edited by CADreaming; 11-28-2012 at 02:17 PM..
Old 11-28-2012, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Interesting.

And yes, please, to anything BN related. That is all.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

This is killing me... why can't they keep going and record an entire album? I wouldn't even care if it was a small (by Mac standards) album of only 10-12 songs.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"Sad Angel" is such a predictable song title for FM that we could have guessed it.

Michele
Old 11-28-2012, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
"Sad Angel" is such a predictable song title for FM that we could have guessed it.

Michele

If Christine ever came back I would expect there to be a "Daddy" song. Maybe "Daddy Warbucks" or "GrandDaddy" by this point.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMI View Post
If Christine ever came back I would expect there to be a "Daddy" song. Maybe "Daddy Warbucks" or "GrandDaddy" by this point.
How 'bout "Daddy Angel"?? Lol
Old 11-28-2012, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Those sound more like they should be Stevie titles than Lindsey ones (I'm assuming they were Lindsey's songs. Am I wrong?). Maybe "Sad Angel" was something he wrote for/about her after her mother passing away. That'd be quite sweet and another aspect of their relationship that has never really been explored much in their songs - their long ties to each other and the (non-romantic) affection that must bring.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
Those sound more like they should be Stevie titles than Lindsey ones (I'm assuming they were Lindsey's songs. Am I wrong?). Maybe "Sad Angel" was something he wrote for/about her after her mother passing away. That'd be quite sweet and another aspect of their relationship that has never really been explored much in their songs - their long ties to each other and the (non-romantic) affection that must bring.
Didn't think of that origin for Sad Angel. That would be rather sweet. According to the article, Stevie chose one song to lay down vocals on, and Lindsey chose the other for her. Literally based only on titles I can guarantee she chose the one with 'Angel' in it's title.

Hoping Miss Fantasy isn't as 'cliche' as it unfortunately sounds to me right now. I'm a big 'word' person, and am usually drawn to titles with more depth. Horrible judging by a cover right now. Hope I'm proved wrong! Either way ecstatic for any new material.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
How about Sable on Daddy Angel?
Old 11-28-2012, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
LOL too funny...maybe Daddy's Little Angel
or Angel of My Daddy...or Angel Food Cake
Old 11-28-2012, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Going by title alone, Sad Angel doesn't sound like it's going to be a very good song. I will hold out hope that Miss Fantasy has some energy, spirit and a beat though.

I basically started on the FM boards after SYW came out. So, I wasn't around when everyone was waiting for it to be released. I think I would have been excited about titles like Thrown Down and Everybody Finds Out and speculating about what those songs would be like. Oh my goodness, if Come had been spelled in the profane way and I saw that on the Amazon tracklisting before the album was released, I think I would have fainted.

Michele
Old 11-28-2012, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I suppose both of these are Lindsey songs that Stevie laid-down BGVs for? I wonder what the sound will be like, compared to SYW?

This is so exciting. Fleetwood Mac will be back!
Old 11-28-2012, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Michele
Yes, and specially written by Stevie. I know it's so hard to be original after decades of writing songs, but can't they(she!) strive a bit more? If it's not an angel, is a girl, or a female mystic name.

Quote:
Now that's not completely original but it's a new idea, and would generate more speculations about Christine and Stevie.. friends or allies?
Old 11-28-2012, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Yes, and specially written by Stevie. I know it's so hard to be original after decades of writing songs, but can't they(she!) strive a bit more? If it's not an angel, is a girl, or a female mystic name.
I was/am under the impression that both Sad Angel and Miss Fantasy are both Lindsey's songs. The song of Stevie's that was recorded is the 3rd song mentioned in relation to Buckingham Nicks.

And also, I'd like to note that Sad Angel and Miss Fantasy both sound like some celebrity perfume titles. Maybe the Mac should put out their own line.