Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-12-2015, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Hold Me

Hold Me just came on my iPod rotation and I had to stop and just take in the moment. I remember when I first heard the song when I was in college. It was such a great first single as a follow up after The Tusk album. I did wish at the time there was a little more of a Stevie presence in the song. I still to this day wonder if she is even in the chorus mix?. Is she?
Old 04-12-2015, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
Hold Me just came on my iPod rotation and I had to stop and just take in the moment. I remember when I first heard the song when I was in college. It was such a great first single as a follow up after The Tusk album. I did wish at the time there was a little more of a Stevie presence in the song. I still to this day wonder if she is even in the chorus mix?. Is she?
I don't think she's on it. I can hear several layers of Lindsey and Christine on the chorus (in addition to their duetting on the verses) but if Stevie sang on it, she has been mixed down.
Old 04-13-2015, 04:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
When it was performed on the Mirage tour, Stevie sang the choruses.
Old 04-13-2015, 05:19 AM

Stevie is credited for being on the song baking vocals:

Credits:
Lindsey Buckingham – twelve-string acoustic guitar, electric guitar, lead (in unison with C. McVie) and backing vocals
Christine McVie – piano, Yamaha CP30 electric piano, lead (in unison with Buckingham) and backing vocals
Stevie Nicks – backing vocals
John McVie – bass guitar
Mick Fleetwood – drums, tambourine, congas, whip

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hold_Me...twood_Mac_song)
Old 04-13-2015, 02:21 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Stevie is credited for being on the song baking vocals:

Credits:
Lindsey Buckingham – twelve-string acoustic guitar, electric guitar, lead (in unison with C. McVie) and backing vocals
Christine McVie – piano, Yamaha CP30 electric piano, lead (in unison with Buckingham) and backing vocals
Stevie Nicks – backing vocals
John McVie – bass guitar
Mick Fleetwood – drums, tambourine, congas, whip

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hold_Me...twood_Mac_song)
Excuse me...Whip?! Where in the song do we hear a whip?
Old 04-13-2015, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanders8323 View Post
Excuse me...Whip?! Where in the song do we hear a whip?
In music the "whip" is a tipe of clapper: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clapper...ip.2FSlapstick
Old 04-13-2015, 05:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
In music the "whip" is a tipe of clapper: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clapper...ip.2FSlapstick
Ha, not that FM couldn't use the crack of a leather whip in some of their songs. If the sound of broken glass worked, I think the snap of a whip would not be amiss.

Michele
Old 04-15-2015, 08:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My favorite Fleetwood Mac song. It's a forgotten gem. It doesn't get enough love from the band, despite being one of their highest charting songs back in the day. I would have loved for this to be on their set list for this tour to bring it back to life. I'm not sure how true those leaks were we got back before the tour started but if they really did rehearse this song, I would love to hear how they did it.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
My favorite Fleetwood Mac song. It's a forgotten gem. It doesn't get enough love from the band, despite being one of their highest charting songs back in the day. I would have loved for this to be on their set list for this tour to bring it back to life. I'm not sure how true those leaks were we got back before the tour started but if they really did rehearse this song, I would love to hear how they did it.
Well it sounds like there will probably be at least one more tour. Hopefully they can break out that song then and not just drop current songs for new ones and leave it at that.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

There's probably a better chance that you will be struck by lightning while picking up your winning lottery ticket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Well it sounds like there will probably be at least one more tour. Hopefully they can break out that song then and not just drop current songs for new ones and leave it at that.
Old 04-15-2015, 12:47 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
It was their most successful song at pop radio if I'm not mistaken, which I could be. I remember reading that somewhere. It's also my favorite Fleetwood Mac song. To me, this song best showcases how genius of a producer Buckingham is. It's a song that thrives on the production value.

Last edited by sanders8323; 04-15-2015 at 12:51 PM..