Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-16-2007, 08:47 PM
Registered

Default Dancing Alone 1997

There is an audio CD recorded from the soundboard of the Dance Tour called Dancing Alone. It is the entire show - mainly vocals and sounds acapella.

Has anyone heard of this? My friend from Pittsburgh had it. Unfortunately, it was in his car's CD player and when the car was hit in an accident, the CD perished. Supposedly it had a great version of Bleed to Love Her on it.

Anyone heard of this CD? Maybe it is known by another name?

Thanks,
T.D.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee Dee View Post
There is an audio CD recorded from the soundboard of the Dance Tour called Dancing Alone. It is the entire show - mainly vocals and sounds acapella.

Has anyone heard of this? My friend from Pittsburgh had it. Unfortunately, it was in his car's CD player and when the car was hit in an accident, the CD perished. Supposedly it had a great version of Bleed to Love Her on it.

Thanks,
T.D.
Oh my God, I would love to have a copy of this!!!!!!!! I bet it's wonderful!!
Old 05-16-2007, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have it. It's very good. It's the only recording where you can actually hear John singing during SYLM. (He's going "bum ba bum ba bum..." along with his bass.) It has been called "Dancing Alone" since 1997/1998.. I've not heard of it under any other name.

I don't have mp3s or a cd of it anymore, just a cassette from that time. I need to dub it off.. I'll put it on my to-do list, but it will probably be a while. I have a ton of stuff on cassette and vhs that needs to come off. ..sigh.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:26 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
I have it. It's very good. It's the only recording where you can actually hear John singing during SYLM. (He's going "bum ba bum ba bum..." along with his bass.) It has been called "Dancing Alone" since 1997/1998.. I've not heard of it under any other name.

I don't have mp3s or a cd of it anymore, just a cassette from that time. I need to dub it off.. I'll put it on my to-do list, but it will probably be a while. I have a ton of stuff on cassette and vhs that needs to come off. ..sigh.
---------------------------------------------------
Dear Sarah,

How does one motivate you to put it at the list of the "to do" list ????

T.D.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
---------------------------------------------------
Dear Sarah,

How does one motivate you to put it at the list of the "to do" list ????

T.D.
I'll try to get it done early next week. I work at a radio station, so I have good equipment to do it.. it's just a pain in the ass. I'm not sure where to host it (it'd kill my personal site's bandwidth), but we'll deal with that after the fact.

And I think Dark Angel is right about it not being true soundboard. There are some parts where you can faintly hear some of the instrumentation, but a lot of the guitar parts - lead and rhythm, keyboard parts, and drum parts have been dropped almost to non-existance. I'm not sure about which tracks are included, either.. it's been a long time since I've listened to it.. but I will dub off the whole thing.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'll try to get it done early next week. I work at a radio station, so I have good equipment to do it.. it's just a pain in the ass. I'm not sure where to host it (it'd kill my personal site's bandwidth), but we'll deal with that after the fact.

And I think Dark Angel is right about it not being true soundboard. There are some parts where you can faintly hear some of the instrumentation, but a lot of the guitar parts - lead and rhythm, keyboard parts, and drum parts have been dropped almost to non-existance. I'm not sure about which tracks are included, either.. it's been a long time since I've listened to it.. but I will dub off the whole thing.
i believe i have this on mp3 somewhere, so that may save you the hassle of dubbing it. i'm not a big fan of it, but if i have it i'll post it later this evening.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:09 PM
Registered

Quote:
I'll try to get it done early next week. I work at a radio station, so I have good equipment to do it.. it's just a pain in the ass.

I'm not sure about which tracks are included, either.. it's been a long time since I've listened to it.. but I will dub off the whole thing.
SWEET! SWEET!

I work at a job which lets me listen to music through earphones but no radio stations.

Therefore, news like this, gives me a positive attitude.

My co-workers, on the other hand, hate being here....and ... have to tell me every 5-10 minutes about how this job sucks...
Old 06-05-2007, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
(He's going "bum ba bum ba bum..." along with his bass.)
That is SO cute....!!

Thank you so much for posting these, I'm late to the party again... Cheers guys!
Old 05-16-2007, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have it on cassette, but have yet to convert it. It's not actually a true soundboard recording. The audio is from "The Dance" DVD, and has been "stripped down" to make the vocals and bass more prominent.
An old bootleg seller used this process on "Dancing Alone" and "Staying True" which were labeled as being early "Rumours" demos/outtakes, but the songs were just mixes made from the Rumours DVD-Audio.

Quote:

Thanks,
T.D.

Inspired Angel: Stevie Nicks
Old 05-21-2007, 02:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Angel View Post
I have it on cassette, but have yet to convert it. It's not actually a true soundboard recording. The audio is from "The Dance" DVD, and has been "stripped down" to make the vocals and bass more prominent.
An old bootleg seller used this process on "Dancing Alone" and "Staying True" which were labeled as being early "Rumours" demos/outtakes, but the songs were just mixes made from the Rumours DVD-Audio.
I've been wondering about "Rumours staying true" but was unable to find it anywhere. Would love to hear so.. (see me coming?) ... is there someone out there who has this and wants to share it? It would really make my day .

Life is like a box of chocolates : full of nuts