The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-08-2012, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Lindsey is sooooo serious (SN q&a clip)

some LB-related parts of the interview available here:

apparently nobody is ever nice (let alone adoring!) to poor Lindsey... and he never ever laughs or smiles anymore

i also pasted the part about Christine leaving FM here - http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...64#post1065064

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-08-2012, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lies, fairy tales, fallacies...Lindsey is serious, but he can be quite funny as well. I mean, look at the rapport he had with Brett on his past tours! And as far as no one adoring him, I'm done. I don't think I even need to acknowledge such ridiculousness.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 10-08-2012, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Lies, fairy tales, fallacies...Lindsey is serious, but he can be quite funny as well. I mean, look at the rapport he had with Brett on his past tours! And as far as no one adoring him, I'm done. I don't think I even need to acknowledge such ridiculousness.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exhibit A.

Exhibit B.

Last edited by Lindsfan; 10-08-2012 at 01:54 PM..
Old 10-08-2012, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you Lindsfan, luv. I am livid over this particular comment because everyone is always dragging LB through the mud. If it isn't one of his ex-girlfriends it's Ken Caillat or some other Joe. I really would like to say that a man can be serious and also have a fantastic sense of humor.

Maybe Linds just didn't have much to laugh about in the company of certain people. Maybe the tension was too thick. But, whatever, as shown above he can be funny and he IS laid-back with fans. And he's warm and sweet and generous as well. I have video and pics of my own to prove it!

And I know I can holler at many on here who can say the same.

Old 10-08-2012, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sometimes I wish the Lindsey vs. Stevie thing didn't always feel like Romney vs. Obama.

She was relating a very positive experience they had in the studio. Now, did she do it with extra drama and through Stevie-colored glasses? Of course she did. But the take-away is that even though they've had many bad times in the studio, this was just the opposite. And I think it made them both happy to know that all these years later, they can still click when they work together.

As far as people not being loving to him, I'm pretty sure the context was in the studio, where people like FM (including Stevie), Ken Caillat, etc. haven't always had the patience to indulge him. I hardly think she was implying he had no fans or that his family didn't love him.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
Sometimes I wish the Lindsey vs. Stevie thing didn't always feel like Romney vs. Obama.

She was relating a very positive experience they had in the studio. Now, did she do it with extra drama and through Stevie-colored glasses? Of course she did. But the take-away is that even though they've had many bad times in the studio, this was just the opposite. And I think it made them both happy to know that all these years later, they can still click when they work together.

As far as people not being loving to him, I'm pretty sure the context was in the studio, where people like FM (including Stevie), Ken Caillat, etc. haven't always had the patience to indulge him. I hardly think she was implying he had no fans or that his family didn't love him.
Right on with everything you said. We all know that Lindsey is a pretty intense guy. Stevie, equally intense and dark in her own way, is just relating this through her own albeit biased personal experience. Let's face it, she is a genuine drama queen. And she's often very blunt with her comments, however misguided they may be.

What made me cringe was her speculation that she and Lindsey might have married and had children, and domestic bliss would occur. That is such a bull**** fairytale. Why on earth does she say such crap? It really shows lack of respect and insensitivity for the family that he has now. It's a stable life that Stevie and Lindsey would never have had, had they gone down that road. It would have become a train wreck.

I wish she would just drop that narrative. Lindsey has moved on a long time ago, but clearly Stevie hasn't.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 10-13-2012 at 05:47 PM..
Old 10-14-2012, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Right on with everything you said. We all know that Lindsey is a pretty intense guy. Stevie, equally intense and dark in her own way, is just relating this through her own albeit biased personal experience. Let's face it, she is a genuine drama queen. And she's often very blunt with her comments, however misguided they may be.

What made me cringe was her speculation that she and Lindsey might have married and had children, and domestic bliss would occur. That is such a bull**** fairytale. Why on earth does she say such crap? It really shows lack of respect and insensitivity for the family that he has now. It's a stable life that Stevie and Lindsey would never have had, had they gone down that road. It would have become a train wreck.

I wish she would just drop that narrative. Lindsey has moved on a long time ago, but clearly Stevie hasn't.
i like the way you explained this. i can also see what you stated in the last sentence, if true, as easily being a big problem for her in working / touring with FM - you wouldn't want to go back in the situation that would constantly remind you of what you lost / don't have. that wouldn't be that big of a problem if you moved on.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-08-2012, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
& by the way - have missed you Nico!!!
Old 10-08-2012, 08:05 PM
Senior Ledgie

I thought the interviewer was as much to blame as Stevie, he seemed to be feeding her the lines by being very negative about Lindsey.

The audience were annoying too (apologies if anyone from here attended!) they seemed to be laughing along with her when she was putting him down

Lindsey seems far happier and relaxed these days than he ever has anyways.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post

The audience were annoying too (apologies if anyone from here attended!) they seemed to be laughing along with her when she was putting him down
Yes, that's true. She was getting laughs, so that encouraged her to go along in that vein. Dee was correct in saying the Bob Dylan line had punch to it when DR came out and so that's probably why she repeats it.

Lindsey does the same thing when he gets a laugh. He repeats the comment, but they aren't comments containing zingers about her.

Michele
Old 10-08-2012, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, that's true. She was getting laughs, so that encouraged her to go along in that vein. Dee was correct in saying the Bob Dylan line had punch to it when DR came out and so that's probably why she repeats it.

Lindsey does the same thing when he gets a laugh. He repeats the comment, but they aren't comments containing zingers about her.

Michele
Speaking of the Bob Dylan thing (again! ) ... did you catch her Michele in this interview when they were discussing this and she must have been quoting a new song? "I think that, you know on 'It's alright ma, I'm only dying' that you should like say, 'It's alright Ma - you're only dying.'"

This reminds me of the song I thought I heard before Lindsey's show in Atlanta...
Old 10-08-2012, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
& by the way - have missed you Nico!!!
Awww... Thank you! I missed all you guys too. I always do appreciate the drama that ensues with these two, though. It's never boring and always kind of endearing, despite how each one of us reacts. I definitely think Stevie was meaning to be more affectionate towards Lindsey, but sometimes I just can't quite get the Stevie-speak.

Old 10-08-2012, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Awww... Thank you! I missed all you guys too. I always do appreciate the drama that ensues with these two, though. It's never boring and always kind of endearing, despite how each one of us reacts. I definitely think Stevie was meaning to be more affectionate towards Lindsey, but sometimes I just can't quite get the Stevie-speak.
I don't. I think she swithches back and forth every couple years between adoring him and hating him...and always as publicly as possible. I just suffered through the whole hour long video and she bashes him beginning to end.

She said at least she didn't HATE Dave (as opposed to Lindsey)
She said she didn't want to tell Lindsey what he was doing was stupid.
She said Dave (as opposed to Lindsey) understands women because he has two daughters (same thing she said ABOUT Lindsey just a few years ago).
She said she told Lindsey he could add a few chords here and there but nothing else! Are you kidding me?! Let's take Lindsey's parts out of Gold Dust Woman, Gypsy, Dreams, Landslide, etc. No riffs. No counter-melodies. No harmonies that he comes up with. Um, he's done more with her songs than add a few chords
Old 10-08-2012, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
I don't. I think she swithches back and forth every couple years between adoring him and hating him...and always as publicly as possible. I just suffered through the whole hour long video and she bashes him beginning to end.

She said at least she didn't HATE Dave (as opposed to Lindsey)
She said she didn't want to tell Lindsey what he was doing was stupid.
She said Dave (as opposed to Lindsey) understands women because he has two daughters (same thing she said ABOUT Lindsey just a few years ago).
She said she told Lindsey he could add a few chords here and there but nothing else! Are you kidding me?! Let's take Lindsey's parts out of Gold Dust Woman, Gypsy, Dreams, Landslide, etc. No riffs. No counter-melodies. No harmonies that he comes up with. Um, he's done more with her songs than add a few chords
Nothing that she said about Lindsey was anything new (although she did offhandedly confirm that You May Be The One was about him, which I don't think had been explicitly said before). We've all heard the coffee pot demo spiel, the duo tirade, etc., etc.

She was taking stabs at him regarding their relationship, for sure, but it was done pretty lightheartedly if you ask me. And I think she kept it up because it was getting laughs. So yeah, she was pretty brutal but in my opinion, none of it came off THAT seriously. She was making me laugh, at least.

All throughout the IYD promo, she consistently sang his praises. I do think they tend to have a very hot/cold relationship, but unless a bunch of stuff has been going on behind the scenes (and it very well may have, I certainly wouldn't know!) then I doubt she's just randomly switched into kill Lindsey mode.

That said, I did get the vibe that she was totally for real about the Bob Dylan saga and that that legitimately still bugs her.