The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-18-2004, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Who doesn't like Fleetwood Mac?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
but the guys I've dated usually already like FM/Stevie to some degree or another.

And who doesn't like Fleetwood Mac?? It's the best band in the whole wide world!!! ha ha!!

Well, my friends love to annoy me, they say they hate the mac, but it's just because I'm a fan and sometimes I play their records, dvds, videos, mp3, etc too much, so they get oversaturated

But actually they like the mac.

And, trying to recall, I have not met anybody who said "I don't like Fleetwood Mac" Do you?

(In fact I know people who doesn't like Beatles, or Madonna, or Elton, Pink Floyd, Queen, Bee Gees or any other mega-band, but never Fleetwood Mac. Is that a sign????
Old 11-18-2004, 05:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My mom is the same way your friends are. She likes them...but I play the CDs, play the songs on my guitar, watch the DVDs, talk about them too much and just like my other favorite bands she gets sick of them.

As for my friends...I'm 16 so a lot of them are idiots who reply "Who's he?" to a reference of Stevie Nicks. But I've successfully hooked one of my friends.
Old 11-18-2004, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

My mom says she doesn't like FM, with the qualification that she LOVES GDW...and that The Chain is ok. Go figure.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 11-18-2004, 06:44 PM

I hate them. They are awful!!

ok no.........

I used to drive my friends nutz, but I have burned out on them which is good. But then I'll come back to them and the songs will be fresh again and I'll end up going thru a huge FM phase. I'll end up playing Then Play on thru In The Meantime. (haven't heard Something Big yet)

Honestly, if I heard them now I don't think I would like them as much as I did at 14. My tastes have changed over the last 15 years. But I was hooked early, so I'm stuck with them!!

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 11-18-2004 at 08:34 PM..
Old 11-18-2004, 08:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

My parents don't really "get" the Mac - Dad likes Glen Miller and Mom likes Ricky Nelson, among others, lol. They do like Chris' music as a rule though.

My little sister thinks the Mac is OK, but my older sister HATES them, especially Lindsey. I guess I played them one too many times in the car.

The guy I'm dating says he's really into them, but then he said he really liked it when Lindsey sings Leather and Lace, so.... lol. I admit I was disappointed when he said that. I do NOT need to be humored! (Perhaps this is a sign: time to break up!)

My friends all think they're OK, but don't really understand my passion for them. That's why I love places like this where I can gush with those who appreciate the brilliance of the MAC!

Old 11-18-2004, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation How can you not love FM?!?!

Well, my dad loves Rumours now, thanks to me. My mom loves Don't Stop...a little too much. LOL I let a friend at work listen to my Dance CD one day and she came over to give me back my CD and went "Track 5 (ISA) is amazing! I listened to it a few times."

Hehe! Slowly, I shall convert thee!!
Old 11-18-2004, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts
. They do like Chris' music as a rule though.
That's funny - I think it was Chris's radio hits that made my mom not like them! i keep tryna tell her...but she's into alternative country right now...

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 11-20-2004, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

" Who doesn't like Fleetwood Mac"?

My mom hates them. In 1977 , she was 19 and she said it was all they played on the radio. She hated it then and she hates them even more now.

She HATES Stevie Nicks. She thinks she is a witch, a loser and that she can't sing at all.

It was really hard being a fan while living with her. She didn't even want to walk in my room with the posters.

Go figure?!
Old 11-22-2004, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic
And, trying to recall, I have not met anybody who said "I don't like Fleetwood Mac" Do you?
I do. I've encountered hundreds of people who really hate Fleetwood Mac. Even many people who are close to me dislike them quite a bit.

Friends, co-workers, kin . . . even people I've had in my Fleetwood cover band -- there's plenty of Mac hatred to go around in my sphere. It's invigorating! It certainly keeps the conversation on other subjects.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-05-2005, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My husband couldn't stand them for the longest time. After the 2003 concert, he came away with a new respect for Lindsey, who he used to call "a$$hole". Now he'll listen to Lindsey and Chris songs, but he can't stand Stevie.

Inspired Angel: Stevie Nicks
Old 08-05-2005, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Angel
Now he'll listen to Lindsey and Chris songs, but he can't stand Stevie.

I'd like to buy him a beer.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie

I'd like to buy him a beer.

He might take you up on a Bacardi Raz.

Inspired Angel: Stevie Nicks
Old 08-05-2005, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lets see...my dad likes Fleetwood Mac, but mainly for the guitar players like Peter Green, Bob Welch, and Lindsey. In fact, I really got my dad into Lindsey now! He even loves listening to his solo stuff, and that's not too surprising since my dad has always been forever cool.

My mom is pretty indifferent. She dislikes Stevie, though. She hates her image, her voice and doesn't care for her songs (except for some of the ones off of Tusk). She basically finds her quite...vocally and musically limited. To put it nicely. And I can't influence my mother at all. She will stick with her opinion to the end...but she does think Lindsey is hot. So...I guess that is some kind of a plus.

My brother doesn't care. My sister-in-law doesn't care.

My boyfriend only really likes Lindsey (especially any song he did on "the Dance"), lol! He doesn't really know anything about Fleetwood Mac except for the Buckingham-Nicks era... He also doesn't get Stevie and he said Christine's music is either too poppy or just "boring." He's very, very, very picky though. In general. So...liking Lindsey is a good thing.

And that's about it. My friends are evenly divided. I basically just play them stuff without saying who it is, because some of them won't care one way or another and if I say it is Fleetwood Mac or Christine or Lindsey or Stevie they would just roll their eyes at me. lol!

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL

Last edited by Nico; 08-05-2005 at 01:40 PM..
Old 08-05-2005, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Angel
After the 2003 concert, he came away with a new respect for Lindsey, who he used to call "a$$hole". Now he'll listen to Lindsey and Chris songs, but he can't stand Stevie.
You married a winner, Lisa. Pat him on the back for me.

Old 08-16-2005, 01:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll tell a little story to you all that may be funny. A few years ago when I was working at this Mobil Gas station they allowed us to have a cd player behind the counter and of course whenever I worked, I played Fleetwood Mac or Stevie for the most part. One day this woman came in, I'd seen ehr before, and she launched into a tirade about why she has to listen to that nasaly voiced B##ch every time she comes in the store. I told her that I liked her, and that since I'm behind the counter, I'm in charge, and if she didnt like Stevie to at least keep her comments to herself. She wouldnt let up, kept saying how she sucked and she didnt want to have to hear her again when he came in, and I told her to get the F**K out of the store and never come back. (She called me a moron before I uttered thids.) Anyhoo, I stood my ground for my girl!!!!