Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-26-2009, 11:49 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Toronto 2: AMAZING!!!

Hi all. I'm new to the forum and just got back from the Mac's second show at the ACC here in Toronto. It was my first time seeing the mac so I don't have any previous live experience to compare it to, however judging from the clips posted online from previous shows I have to say tonight's was just as good if not better. I'll post a song-by-song review later however I just wanted to say that the entire band was really 'on' tonight. For all the criticism ms. nicks has been getting thus far I thought that tonight she was incredible. Not only did she sound great but she looked liked she was having a great time! Gold Dust Woman was PHENOMENAL!!!! Honestly I have been waiting to hear that song live for a looong time and tonight did not disappoint at all. And Lindsey was on fire! Best guitar player I've ever seen. period. I'll add a more comprehensive review later, but just wanted to say that the mac was extraordinary tonight. One of the best concerts I have ever been to. In fact, it may have just been THE best.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Man View Post
Hi all
nice! welcome I had a feeling they'd hit a homerun last show before break... Looking forward to your report as available. Thanks for posting!
Old 03-27-2009, 12:45 AM
Registered

Welcome, Andy! I was supposed to be at that show tonight, but alas, life sometimes hates me.

I am super glad to hear it was great, though, and I'm looking forward to your play-by-play!

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 03-27-2009, 06:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Storms; Toronto, 26 March 2009, ACC.

Hope this link works,

this is my first You-Tube posting attempt,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4zl6fkeg9U

more to follow,

Last edited by Edgeof27; 03-27-2009 at 06:39 AM..
Old 03-27-2009, 09:42 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeof27 View Post
Hope this link works,

this is my first You-Tube posting attempt,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4zl6fkeg9U

more to follow,
Your first youtube posting worked perferctly! Thanks for the great video. I can't wait to see your others.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Welcome, and I'm glad you enjoyed the show. Thanks for the vid!
Old 03-27-2009, 07:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hi all. I'm new to the forum and just got back from the Mac's second show at the ACC here in Toronto.
Hey, welcome to the board I am so happy to hear that you finally got to see them live! Aren't they incredible! I wanted to go to the second show so bad, but it was either that or feed the children I guess I should just be happy that I went to one show GDW is awesome live and Stevie has got Storms (or should I say "I Have Always Been a Storm" ) down pat.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:50 AM
Senior Ledgie

Okay. So as one of the mac's younger fans I've been doing a ton of listening to them over the last year or so to get to know the band as well as I can. I went with my dad who was a big mac fan when rumours came out so it was kind of cool to have two generations of mac fans going to the same concert and loving it just as much. We were in the 300 section on Lindsey's side (which obviously weren't the best seats, but they weren't horrible either). My only complaint was that it seemed like every 2 minutes someone in our section was getting up to go to the bathroom/get booze which got a little distracting after a while (we got all our drinks before the show lol). And the energy in our section was medium at best (although I couldn't help but stand up when Go Your Own way started...which seemed to get some others to stand up too lol).

As for the show itself...AMAZING. It started a little later because there were still a lot of people who had not taken their seats yet, but it filled up once the show started.

Monday Morning - Great opener. I must admit I wished I had been a fan when The Chain was the opening song, as I've always thought it was a perfect way to begin a show. However MM did a good job. What I noticed right away was the constant smiling on Stevie's face. I know a lot of you have been saying that she looks bored or uninterested on stage however last night it was all smiles (maybe it was because it was the last show for 2 weeks lol - she even made mention of that fact). But whatever it was it brought a lot of energy to the stage.

The Chain - Perfect. Always been my fav mac song and tonight did not disappoint. Although I must say it always seems weird to hear the song without a member of the lineup, Christine, - it just seems like the chain has actually broken. However it was still great - people go nuts during johns solo.

Dreams - Was actually pretty good and well received. I've grown tired of the live versions of the song but tonight there seemed to be a lot of little nuances that Stevie brought to it. Though I don't think any live version matches the mystique of the album version, last nights was def. a better than usual performance.

I Know I'm Not Wrong - Not a song that a lot of people knew, but was def. a highlight for me. I know it hasn't really been a 'rare' live track for a while now, but it's always been a fav. of mine from Tusk and so I was quite excited when it started.

Gypsy - Like Dreams, I've always thought that no live version can match the perfection that is the studio version. However last nights was great. Stevie's story again was baffling lol. But she laughed all the way through as she was talking which was great to see. Although its not the best live song you can tell she loves it and why shouldn't she as its one of the most beautiful melodies she's written.

Go Insane - Not a fav of mine and def. a walk-out point at the concert. Lots of people went to go refill their booze at this point, however I must say its always great to see Buckingham play an acoustic.

Rhiannon - Sounded like usual. However it was thrilling to finally be a part of a crowd when the opening guitar part started.

Second Hand News - This one started to get people out of their seats. It also seems to be a lot of fun for Lindsey and Stevie to play live - they both seemed to enjoy themselves during this one.

Tusk - My dad's fav. song and one mine. When I heard that opening Tusk part I knew what was coming and was tres excited. I thought the band sounded amazing on this song Mick's drumming really is what made the song for me. A great moment in the show - my dad went crazy at this point.

Sara - I think if I had been up front I would have connected with the song more than in my level. A lot of people started talking/moving around which got distracting. However it was great to see live - and yes, Stevie/Lindsey did the 'hug' thing at the end. Compared to other tours, I think this version of Sara ranks as one of the best.

Big Love - Was surprisingly still impressed with Mr. Buckingham's playing even though I've seen the dance version a million times. He got a huge response from the audience afterward and it was well deserved (and you can so tell he loves when that happens lol).

Landslide - Of course a great moment. Not much more can be said about this song. She dedicated it to Maralyn Dennis who is a radio dj here in Toronto at CHUM FM and has interviewed Stevie a few times.

Never Going Back Again - Love this song and the harmonies were great. I was surprised how many people responded to this song - it got a huge welcome when it started.

Storms - Again, had I bee up front I think that I would have gotten more from the performance. It is one my fav. Stevie songs and I think its in the top 5 of the best songs shes ever written. Was great to hear it and as you can tell from the video posted above her vocals are actually amazing on the song now. Def. a highlight of the show - although most people took it as a break to chat or step out for a bit.

Say You Love Me - Awesome performance. As someone who never got to see Chris and probably never will, was fantastic to hear a song of hers. I actually think this version is amazing and the crowd thought so too. Lots of singing along in my section. A great reminder of the important role Christine played in this group.

Gold Dust Woman - THE moment I was waiting for. As soon as I heard the cow bell I freaked out. Stevie seemed to be completely transfixed during the song last night. Her wail(s) were sooooo haunting. The ending was terrific and seeing the whole lighting affect thing at the end in front of the drums was terrific. This was the highlight of the show for me and I honestly do think that this was one of the best performances shes ever fone of GDW. She (and the rest of the band as well) were completely into the song. Perfection.

Oh Well - AMAZING. This was the second biggest highlight for me. So great to hear the song and Lindsey does do it justice. He seemed to be loving it too.

I'm So Afraid - Was pretty much the same as every other time. It was thrilling to actually witness the guitar solo though. I've always thought that Linds was one of the best and underrated players ever and tonight proved my point. I was in awe after the song.

Stand Back - In my opinion nothing will ever top the Live in Boston performance. Last nights was good though and you tell Stevie looks forward to it at each concert. A lot of people knew it in my section too.

Go Your Own Way - Well despite the boringness that was my section, I had to get up at this point and luckily other followed. Just great to finally be able to experience it live. Buckingham was on fire too at the end. As much as he says he's always wanted to move away from the whole rumours sound you can tell he does love being in a rock band. I love that he completely gets energy from the crowd and last night was no exception as the whole place went crazy (well, except my section lol).

World Turning - I have to say that its just not the same without Christine. There's just something missing without her lead vocal - same as Don't Stop. However Stevie seemed to be loving the song last night. She was smiling all the way through it. And Micks solo was just the right length. He really is one of rocks best drummers, no questions. I was amazed that after all these years he plays better than 99% of the new drummers of this decade.

Don't Stop - Along with Go Your Own Way this was the one that got people out of their seats around me. Again, not the same without Chris and it has been done to death - however I defy any one to say that its not a great song to hear live. Especially when it creates such an atmosphere. Now if this were my 20th time seeing it I might think differently, but last night it rocked the house.

Silver Springs - At this point a lot of people had left thinking DS was the finale. However for those of us who stayed, it was worth it. I def. think the song is almost at Dance level this tour. Though nothing will ever compete with the Dance version Stevie owned the song last night. Her "Never get away"'s were awesome. I didnt think it would make a good closer but it did. Beautiful rendition.

And there it was. The last show of the first leg done. Sorry for the lengthy review haha. I was just so overcome with excitement the whole time - it truly was an amazing show. The band was tight and both Stevie and Lindsey seemed to be having a great time. As for the interaction between the two, I have to say I would rather it the way it is now than for them to pretending in front of the audience as they've been known to do. Last night appeared to be two people who have a long history and have now come to terms with it. Everyone on stage seemed to be having a blast.

Again, I apologize for writing so much. I just had such a great time. The Mac is definitely back!!
Old 03-27-2009, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Okay. So as one of the mac's younger fans
It's so refreshing to hear a new, young, first time Mac concert goer's review of a show. Thanks for all the details. It reminds me of what made me fall in love with all these songs. Just curious, how old are you?

Old 03-27-2009, 06:55 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerchic View Post
It's so refreshing to hear a new, young, first time Mac concert goer's review of a show. Thanks for all the details. It reminds me of what made me fall in love with all these songs. Just curious, how old are you?
22. Just finished university. And I have to say that I was surprised last night at how diverse the audience was age-wise. There were a ton of twenty-somethings there. Just proves how great the macs music is that its still relevant today.

And as for Go Insane, I actually do love that song - not my fav, but I really loved the full band version - and ya I was totally shocked at how many people in my section just up and left during it.

And I have to agree with the other review that for the most part it was an unusual Toronto crowd last night as almost the entire arena was really into the performance (save for a few rows in my section).

So hoping the mac comes back to t.o again!!!!
Old 03-27-2009, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
22. Just finished university. And I have to say that I was surprised last night at how diverse the audience was age-wise. There were a ton of twenty-somethings there. Just proves how great the macs music is that its still relevant today.

And as for Go Insane, I actually do love that song - not my fav, but I really loved the full band version - and ya I was totally shocked at how many people in my section just up and left during it.

And I have to agree with the other review that for the most part it was an unusual Toronto crowd last night as almost the entire arena was really into the performance (save for a few rows in my section).

So hoping the mac comes back to t.o again!!!!
20 somehtin fans IN DA HOUSE! lol Welcome to the ledge GREAT review!!