Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-07-2010, 04:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Songs rehearsed for The Dance

Can anyone provide a definitive list of the songs that were rehearsed (but not, ultimately, performed live) for The Dance tv concert / tour, please?

I have heard some pretty odd rumours about what they played in rehearsal...
Old 06-07-2010, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
Can anyone provide a definitive list of the songs that were rehearsed (but not, ultimately, performed live) for The Dance tv concert / tour, please?

I don't know the whole list but I recall reading that "Brown Eyes" and "Easy Come Easy Go" (from ITM) were rehearsed.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It's a shame recordings haven't surfaced. I'd love to hear a full band version of Easy Come Easy Go.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 06-07-2010, 11:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't find the link anymore, but I am pretty sure that I read about them rehearsing Little lies and Twisted too!
Old 06-07-2010, 05:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think we could see a black board with some songs listed on it. I seem to recall that YMLF was one of the songs up there.

Michele
Old 06-07-2010, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think we could see a black board with some songs listed on it. I seem to recall that YMLF was one of the songs up there.

Michele
They DID do YMLF during The Dance...I think you're confusing the SYW tour.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
It's a shame recordings haven't surfaced. I'd love to hear a full band version of Easy Come Easy Go.
Just because they possibly attempted these songs, that doesn't necessarily mean there are fully fleshed out rehearsal performances of those songs.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Just because they possibly attempted these songs, that doesn't necessarily mean there are fully fleshed out rehearsal performances of those songs.
I know, but I still want to hear them I was only 4 years old!

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 06-13-2010, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wish they had done "Seven Wonders" for the Dance. One of my favorites.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:30 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post

According to the book Fleetwood Mac: The completed Recording Sessions 1967-1997 by Peter Lewry, Fleetwood Mac rehearsed the follwing songs for the 'MTV-Unplugged' concert but did not make the cut:

Second Hand News
Where Were You
Little Lies
Twisted
Never Going Back Again
Brown Eyes
Forbidden
Shadows of Love

I've never heard of some of them.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmonta4 View Post
According to the book Fleetwood Mac: The completed Recording Sessions 1967-1997 by Peter Lewry, Fleetwood Mac rehearsed the follwing songs for the 'MTV-Unplugged' concert but did not make the cut:

Second Hand News
Where Were You
Little Lies
Twisted
Never Going Back Again
Brown Eyes
Forbidden
Shadows of Love

Thanks for this. As I said earlier, I think Easy Come, Easy Go was rehearsed (maybe under one of the titles here?). I thought Isn't it Midnight was rehearsed, too, but I think I'm wrong here.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmonta4 View Post

Second Hand News
Where Were You
Little Lies
Twisted
Never Going Back Again
Brown Eyes
Forbidden
Shadows of Love

I remember reading about Forbidden and Shadows of Love. They sound like typically titled SN songs, but could also be Lindsey's. I thought Shadows = Ooh My Love, but why they'd sing that piece of **** at a Mac show is beyond me.

Or it's a case of fans giving names to songs and Forbidden = Everybody Finds Out
Old 06-20-2010, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Post change it up some??

The Dance was good...I was just happy to see the Rumours line-up cause the last time I saw them was Mask & no Lindsey since he'd left. So for that I did like the Dance. Of course at the time I drank it up but as I look back in hind sight.....I really really wished they'd mixed up the songs alot more. (But of course I say this about Stevie solo as well....)its a shame that 'they' put themselves in this rut where they can only perform certian songs. Yes, I know things are expected by the regular crowd but for us true crazy fans of them....I'd love to hear alot more stuff. They could every other night change up the setlist --if not for us what about for themselves.It must get really boring night after night singing the same song in the same order??? Is it really that hard to perform some of these songs?? I guess I'll not ever understand.....I just think its a shame and really sad. I mean no offence to anyone......but I guess its beyound the point of understanding it is what it is.......thats how it goes......I'd just think as a performer you'd want to sing all that you possibly could --but I guess 'they' did do what they wanted......so I guess I don't matter.....though I think I do being a fan.....but anyway.......IMO......
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."
Old 06-20-2010, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by starshine View Post
The Dance was good...I was just happy to see the Rumours line-up cause the last time I saw them was Mask & no Lindsey since he'd left. So for that I did like the Dance. Of course at the time I drank it up but as I look back in hind sight.....I really really wished they'd mixed up the songs alot more. (But of course I say this about Stevie solo as well....)its a shame that 'they' put themselves in this rut where they can only perform certian songs. Yes, I know things are expected by the regular crowd but for us true crazy fans of them....I'd love to hear alot more stuff. They could every other night change up the setlist --if not for us what about for themselves.It must get really boring night after night singing the same song in the same order??? Is it really that hard to perform some of these songs?? I guess I'll not ever understand.....I just think its a shame and really sad. I mean no offence to anyone......but I guess its beyound the point of understanding it is what it is.......thats how it goes......I'd just think as a performer you'd want to sing all that you possibly could --but I guess 'they' did do what they wanted......so I guess I don't matter.....though I think I do being a fan.....but anyway.......IMO......
Sue, when you meet Stevie this summer please be sure to tell her this. Make sure you get her to understand and don't take no for an answer.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Sue, when you meet Stevie this summer please be sure to tell her this. Make sure you get her to understand and don't take no for an answer.
Yes, it's on!!