Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-03-2016, 11:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default New Mick interview for Rolling Stone

As far as Fleetwood Mac is concerned, you guys wrapped up a world tour – your first in more than a decade with Christine McVie back in the fold – a little less than a year ago. What does the future hold for the band?
Well, we're all dedicated to getting together about a year or so from now and going and doing another two years of touring all over the world, probably. And we also have a huge amount of recorded music. A huge amount. None of it's with Stevie. Or very little. Some of it is very, very old stuff that Lindsey maybe did with her years and years ago. We're not quite sure what will happen with it. But you know, doing this band is a huge investment. We're only off the road for less than a year, and when you add in the time it takes to put a tour together, do rehearsals, get it up and running, the whole thing, it's three years that you don't do anything else. And Stevie has her own life and career and I think … you know, she just doesn't want to spend the time right now. And we're quietly saddened about that but also I sort of understand.

Do you think there will be a new record?
I really don't know. The hope was that there was going to be. I do know that when Christine came back, she came back with a bag full of goods. She ****ing wrote up a storm. She and Lindsey could probably have a mighty strong duet album if they want. In truth I hope it will come to more than that.

So nothing's planned ... but it could happen.
There's always a "could happen" [laughs]. But one thing that's for sure — there really are dozens of songs. And they're really good. And so you think, "****, I don't want it to be that, decades later, when we're all pushing up daisies, someone hears this stuff and goes, 'Well, that should have come out!'" So we'll see.

Full interview here: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/fe...future-w430527

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.
Old 08-03-2016, 11:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

And there we have it...

The blame, right where we were laying it all along.

They ought to kick her to the curb!!!!
Old 08-03-2016, 11:52 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
And there we have it...

The blame, right where we were laying it all along.

They ought to kick her to the curb!!!!
I said that a long time ago
Old 08-03-2016, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Will the stalling ever stop?
Old 08-03-2016, 01:03 PM

Just do a duet between Lindsey and Christine. Their music is more compelling, anyway. They have much more of a muse with each other. Plus, their relationship isn't fake. So I expect the music would be more authentic.
Old 08-03-2016, 02:06 PM
Registered

I guess we should just be grateful for reissues of old albums
Old 08-04-2016, 01:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Buckingham-McVie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
She and Lindsey could probably have a mighty strong duet album if they want.
The "Rumours Five" started with Buckingham-Nicks duet joining the fray. Perhaps it was meant to end with a Buckingham-McVie duet. Stevie may regret that one day, but it seems that "regret" or lost opportunity (what could have been) is as much of the FM legacy as the music with this "band."
Old 08-04-2016, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfan View Post
The "Rumours Five" started with Buckingham-Nicks duet joining the fray. Perhaps it was meant to end with a Buckingham-McVie duet. Stevie may regret that one day, but it seems that "regret" or lost opportunity (what could have been) is as much of the FM legacy as the music with this "band."
At least the Buckingham/McVie relationship isn't a fake soap opera.
Old 08-04-2016, 08:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

You know what- screw these greedy ridiculously wealthy old geezers. I will always love the music, always love dancing around the living room in my shawl, but what they have become is just pathetic. Over them.
Old 08-04-2016, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
At least the Buckingham/McVie relationship isn't a fake soap opera.
And I'm so tired of that fake soap opera. Does anybody really care about it anymore? The McVie/Buckingham musical dynamic is so much more interesting.
Old 08-04-2016, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
And I'm so tired of that fake soap opera. Does anybody really care about it anymore? The McVie/Buckingham musical dynamic is so much more interesting.
They were just about to make B/N II until that witch Christine came along and ruined everything!

They had a blast making SYW. It was like the old days. Lyrics flying all over the place.
Old 08-04-2016, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
They were just about to make B/N II until that witch Christine came along and ruined everything!

They had a blast making SYW. It was like the old days. Lyrics flying all over the place.

I'm glad it took a LEFT turn!
Old 08-04-2016, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
As far as Fleetwood Mac is concerned, you guys wrapped up a world tour – your first in more than a decade with Christine McVie back in the fold – a little less than a year ago. What does the future hold for the band?
Well, we're all dedicated to getting together about a year or so from now and going and doing another two years of touring all over the world, probably. And we also have a huge amount of recorded music. A huge amount. None of it's with Stevie. Or very little. Some of it is very, very old stuff that Lindsey maybe did with her years and years ago. We're not quite sure what will happen with it. But you know, doing this band is a huge investment. We're only off the road for less than a year, and when you add in the time it takes to put a tour together, do rehearsals, get it up and running, the whole thing, it's three years that you don't do anything else. And Stevie has her own life and career and I think … you know, she just doesn't want to spend the time right now. And we're quietly saddened about that but also I sort of understand.
ok this is crap. this whole "3 year thing" came from a comment Stevie made during the last pre-Chris cash-grab tour and suddenly it has become like a law. Bull.
and really, you just frikkin toured. You haven't changed the ossified set list in forever, (one or two songs does NOT count) how much flippin' rehearsal time does it really take? If you've got mostly the same crew and the same damn band, why on earth do you need months of rehearsals?? Geezus no wonder they look bored with the material by the time they get on the road. Ridiculous. I hate to say this, but it is my fear-- one of them will be dead before they get their sh$t together.
Old 08-04-2016, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It doesn't take months. Hell, the band I work for had to phone a former guitarist who lives in the NYC area in the middle of the night to fill in for a show seventeen hours later in Cincinnati, and it happened without a hitch (BTW, said guitarist has since rejoined the band).

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-04-2016, 11:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
and really, you just frikkin toured. You haven't changed the ossified set list in forever, (one or two songs does NOT count) how much flippin' rehearsal time does it really take? If you've got mostly the same crew and the same damn band, why on earth do you need months of rehearsals??
And why do they need an 18 month tour in the first place. Didn't they make enough money to last their kids, grandkids and lovers this last tour. Do an album and tour for 6 months and then go home.

Michele