User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-07-2004, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Peter plays in Norway!!!

Hi everyone!

As I mentioned in another thread, Peter is playing two gigs with The British Blues Masters (Kim Simmonds etc...) at the Norwegian "Notodden Blues Festival".

John Mayall also played there, and got the award "Notodden Blues Price" for his involvement in blues music.

As I promised, I would check the TV, radio and newspapers for reviews of the British Blues Masters gigs. Yesterday one of the national newspapers had an article about Mayall and the award he got. Mayall was interviewed outdoors at the festival area, and not far from John Mayall was Peter Green!!

The interviewer had a quick chat with Peter (since the article was about Mayall). Peter was sitting together with the Norwegian folk music fiddler Knut Buen. Peter told the interviewer that he didn't remember all that much from his quick time with the Bluesbreakers, but that he thought it was nice to have it in his CV (What a wonderful sense of humour!)

There was a photo of Peter and the fiddler too, which I've attached here. Peter looking good and relaxed, with cool sun glasses! I really hope he'll make it through all this trouble going on. He looks very happy at the picture.

Under the photo it said that Peter wasn't that interested in Norwegian folk music, but he was curious if the fiddler could play any arabic or chinese music with the Hardanger fiddle. I wonder what Peter's next recording project will sound like?? How about him doing a little bit of sitar playing? I'll buy anything!!!

Daniel
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Peter Notodden bf.jpg (94.2 KB, 85 views)
Old 08-07-2004, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Talking How cool!

He looks very happy there! I hope he is and hope everything is okay with the Splinter Group stuff.

Thanks for posting!
Old 08-07-2004, 10:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the update on Peter at the Blues Festival, Daniel. He does look very relaxed in that photo, and I hope that's a good sign for his health.

I'm hoping to go see him at the San Francisco Blues Festival next month, but I'm not sure yet whether my schedule will permit it. If I am able to go, I'll be able to give everyone a first-hand report and maybe a photo or two! Is anyone else in the group thinking about attending the SF Blues Festival?
Old 08-08-2004, 09:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Here are some photos I found of Peter and the band at Notodden Blue Festival. No pictures of him playing the guitar, I'm afraid. I'm still looking for more photos.

Daniel
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1__British-Bluesmasters1.jpg (27.4 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg 7__British-Bluesmasters2.jpg (23.1 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg 8__Peter-Green1.jpg (29.9 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg 9__Peter-Green2.jpg (30.6 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg 10__Peter-Green3.jpg (23.0 KB, 65 views)
Old 08-08-2004, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default thanks!

dansvan! thanks for posting the pictures and info. the best news i have heard in months.

sharksfan2000 i will try to make the sf festival as i live in the bay area. if so will also report.

everyone should note that there are 3 known US dates for the band- the portland and southern california dates preceed the sf festival by a couple of days. i 've forgotten the exact dates check kim simmonds' site. best to all, zero
Old 08-09-2004, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I find that the two "British Blues Masters" gigs with Peter only got minor space in the news. The main focus is John Mayall. I think Mayall played on the big festival arena, but Peter and the band played at a small club.

Mayall got 4 on the dice for his concert. I haven't found any reviews for Peter's gigs, but they were mentioned in a small article, and I'm afraid it wasn't that positive. The article said that Peter fumbled with the guitar, and that the band wasn't very tight and rehearsed.

I don't know what it means... Maybe the band wasn't right for Peter... Or maybe the author just didn't know much about Peter Green. If you wish to see fast and furious "guitar hero" playing, a Peter Green concert isn't the place to be!!

I'm looking forward to hear from some of you about the SF gig.

Daniel