Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-04-2005, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevie & PMS

Arthel went on a funny tirade today on Good Day Live, and related a story about hanging out with Stevie during the Mac tour last year.

She said she was hanging out backstage with Stevie, and was in a really bad mood. When people asked her what was wrong, she grumbled at them, "Leave me alone -- I'm having PMS!!!" To which Stevie replied, "Oooh, tell me about it girl!" She said there was more to the story, and she didn't want to betray Stevie's confidence by telling it.

I'm kinda sad this show is ending. It's fluff, no doubt. But it's often fun. Not to mention the constant Stevie/Mac references since Arthel has been on.

Two weeks ago, or so, Arthel and Debbie Matenopolous launched into a "Stand Back" singalong while making popcorn, and sang the whole chorus. (The oil was hot and splattering, and Arthel told Debbie to "stand back, girl!")
Old 03-04-2005, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I thought Stevie was menopausal, though.

I kind of miss Jillian. She was a riot. Damn them for firing her.

Old 03-04-2005, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixxxed
Arthel went on a funny tirade today on Good Day Live, and related a story about hanging out with Stevie during the Mac tour last year.

She said she was hanging out backstage with Stevie, and was in a really bad mood. When people asked her what was wrong, she grumbled at them, "Leave me alone -- I'm having PMS!!!" To which Stevie replied, "Oooh, tell me about it girl!" She said there was more to the story, and she didn't want to betray Stevie's confidence by telling it.

I'm kinda sad this show is ending. It's fluff, no doubt. But it's often fun. Not to mention the constant Stevie/Mac references since Arthel has been on.

Two weeks ago, or so, Arthel and Debbie Matenopolous launched into a "Stand Back" singalong while making popcorn, and sang the whole chorus. (The oil was hot and splattering, and Arthel told Debbie to "stand back, girl!")
awwww. That's awesome. I would watch the show just cause of that.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 03-04-2005, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
I thought Stevie was menopausal, though.

I kind of miss Jillian. She was a riot. Damn them for firing her.
Yukk -- I hated Jillian, both on GDL and that stupid Extreme Dating or whatever -- I never started watching until they replaced her with rotating guests. I liked Dorothy tho.

And, what I understand from my gal pals (faghags ) is that PMS is something that is entirely unforgettable. And one of my family friends actually threw a Menopause Party, celebrating the fact that she didn't have to suffer it anymore.
Old 03-04-2005, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yukk -- I hated Jillian, both on GDL and that stupid Extreme Dating or whatever -- I never started watching until they replaced her with rotating guests. I liked Dorothy tho.
Oh, I thought she was a hoot! I'm not surprised they fired her, though, she could get pretty risque and off-color for a morning show.

Quote:
And, what I understand from my gal pals (faghags ) is that PMS is something that is entirely unforgettable. And one of my family friends actually threw a Menopause Party, celebrating the fact that she didn't have to suffer it anymore.
We're men, we should feel lucky.

Old 03-04-2005, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think my sister will be throwing a mad ass party when menopause hits...horrible horrible things happen to her around "that time of the month" - I am lucky - don't have PMS issues too bad

anyway - cute reference though...I've never even heard of that show though
Old 03-04-2005, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, I thought she was a hoot! I'm not surprised they fired her, though, she could get pretty risque and off-color for a morning show.

We're men, we should feel lucky.
Yeah, I feel lucky I don't have to suffer PMS. But, on the other hand, women don't have to suffer morning erection/bursting bladder syndrome.
Old 03-04-2005, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Yeah, I feel lucky I don't have to suffer PMS. But, on the other hand, women don't have to suffer morning erection/bursting bladder syndrome.
A small price to pay for not having to have the babies...

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 03-04-2005, 01:59 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:

I saw that too! Stevie actually said, "Ooh, tell me about it girl, I am too!" Arthel also said that her husband played with Fleetwood Mac, I think. Maybe he was one of the background players on the Dance? I don't think Stevie had hit "the change" yet, though I'm sure it's none of my business...
Old 03-04-2005, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
I think my sister will be throwing a mad ass party when menopause hits...horrible horrible things happen to her around "that time of the month" - I am lucky - don't have PMS issues too bad

anyway - cute reference though...I've never even heard of that show though
This lady went all-out with her party -- chocolate for days, and the color red was banished from her house that night. The invitation even instructed people not to wear red to the party.

Too bad you never heard about GDL -- cuz it's cancelled! It was on Fox here, but I think it was syndicated. Ah, well...
Old 03-04-2005, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_spoken_word
I saw that too! Stevie actually said, "Ooh, tell me about it girl, I am too!" Arthel also said that her husband played with Fleetwood Mac, I think. Maybe he was one of the background players on the Dance? I don't think Stevie had hit "the change" yet, though I'm sure it's none of my business...
Arthel's husband is Taku, who played percussion on the Say You Will tour. There's a thread on the Rumours forum right now about his website pics.

I didn't catch the "I am too" part of Arthel's story -- that makes the story even funnier!
Old 03-04-2005, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow Taku

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_spoken_word
Arthel also said that her husband played with Fleetwood Mac, I think. Maybe he was one of the background players on the Dance?
Taku is her hubby, right?

PMS sucks...the whole DEAL sucks. Sometimes, I wish I were a dude. LOL
Old 03-04-2005, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I don't feel as if I suffer from morning erections, I'm just relieved to know that everything is working properly and I can still get them, dear.

Old 03-04-2005, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I don't feel as if I suffer from morning erections, I'm just relieved to know that everything is working properly and I can still get them, dear.

I know, i was all "Suffering?! That's my favorite time of day!"

Old 03-04-2005, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber

I know, i was all "Suffering?! That's my favorite time of day!"
It is!

But I can't tell you how embarrassing it is to get them at random points throughout the day, like when you're walking through the mall or something. Good lord.