The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-12-2015, 01:08 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Any chance Stevie will tour next year?

I am ready for a Stevie solo tour. I want to hear the new songs. Is anyone else ready for a summer tour? She played the Zoo Amphitheater a few years back here in Oklahoma City and it was a packed house. She still packs them in. I am ready for a more intimate setting as opposed to arenas.
Old 09-12-2015, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryderi View Post
I am ready for a Stevie solo tour. I want to hear the new songs. Is anyone else ready for a summer tour? She played the Zoo Amphitheater a few years back here in Oklahoma City and it was a packed house. She still packs them in. I am ready for a more intimate setting as opposed to arenas.
Waddy has hinted that he will be working/touring with Stevie in 2016...Waddy Interview thread...
Old 09-12-2015, 02:22 PM
Senior Ledgie

Thank You!
Old 09-12-2015, 03:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love her. I love her music. But I want her to record with the Mac first.
Old 09-12-2015, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Yes please a Mac record first
I would LOVE a Stevie tour but if she is doing only 11 songs and the same ones over and over then sadly I may not be interested. She has a huge catalog of music but her extremely short concert sets are a bit arrogant IMHO. She should be playing 15 songs plus encores.
Old 09-12-2015, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Yes please a Mac record first
I would LOVE a Stevie tour but if she is doing only 11 songs and the same ones over and over then sadly I may not be interested. She has a huge catalog of music but her extremely short concert sets are a bit arrogant IMHO. She should be playing 15 songs plus encores.
She's approaching her 70s, I think 15 songs and more in a row are too much for her.
Old 09-12-2015, 04:16 PM
Senior Ledgie

A Mac album would be nice as well.
Old 09-12-2015, 04:25 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
She's approaching her 70s, I think 15 songs and more in a row are too much for her.
then she should play in a club and not charge more than 30 dollars , or just give up
Old 09-12-2015, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
then she should play in a club and not charge more than 30 dollars , or just give up
I think quality it's better than quantity, if by the tenth song her voice starts wavering and she can't move smoothly anymore then I'd prefer a shorter set that is actually enjoyable for both parts.

Even Pavarotti in his last years couldn't sing entire opera anymore, but he didn't retire and he still did well singing only arie.
Old 09-12-2015, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Stevie has always played shorter sets than she should have. Nothing to do with age. Her best set lists in both songs and number of songs were the 1981 White Winged Dove Tour (ironically her first solo tour) and 1998 Enchanted tour. Her Wild Heart tour was decent too. But ever since 1989 her shows keep getting shorter and shorter with little variety or surprises.
I am a very ritualistic person sometimes but Stevie tops me in that category. Paul McCartney is much older than Stevie and performs
over an hour longer than Stevie. I would love a solo tour that covered her entire solo career. 3 songs from Bella Donna, a few from Wild Heart, RAL, TOSOTM, Street Angel , TISRL , 24k Gold, and even some surprises.
She needs to open with a rocking I cant Wait and surprise us a few times here and there. Stevie has a HUGE solo catalog. With all the Mac shows over the years I think she can do her first solo tour with no Mac songs. I want to hear Bella Donna live (in person) before I die. I think that song would be the best encore ever... even if it was the piano version. I would love to see an only solo work show to save room for the songs she needs to do live. Dropping Dreams, Rhiannon, Gold Dust Woman and Landslide would upset many but if she did Bella Donna, Sable on Blonde, Never Ever Changes, Oooh My Love, and All the Beautiful Worlds in their place..... I would die a happy person

I know, I know... I'm dreaming
Dream on silly dreamer

Last edited by Macfan4life; 09-12-2015 at 07:37 PM..
Old 09-13-2015, 03:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Looks like your fantasies may come true.
The first date takes place at Storybrooke 4/01/16.

In my opinion a perfect place for Stevie to start
a tour, if true. A small venue, but I'd say it's enchanted.
Old 09-13-2015, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Stevie has always played shorter sets than she should have. Nothing to do with age. Her best set lists in both songs and number of songs were the 1981 White Winged Dove Tour (ironically her first solo tour) and 1998 Enchanted tour. Her Wild Heart tour was decent too. But ever since 1989 her shows keep getting shorter and shorter with little variety or surprises.
I am a very ritualistic person sometimes but Stevie tops me in that category. Paul McCartney is much older than Stevie and performs
over an hour longer than Stevie. I would love a solo tour that covered her entire solo career. 3 songs from Bella Donna, a few from Wild Heart, RAL, TOSOTM, Street Angel , TISRL , 24k Gold, and even some surprises.
She needs to open with a rocking I cant Wait and surprise us a few times here and there. Stevie has a HUGE solo catalog. With all the Mac shows over the years I think she can do her first solo tour with no Mac songs. I want to hear Bella Donna live (in person) before I die. I think that song would be the best encore ever... even if it was the piano version. I would love to see an only solo work show to save room for the songs she needs to do live. Dropping Dreams, Rhiannon, Gold Dust Woman and Landslide would upset many but if she did Bella Donna, Sable on Blonde, Never Ever Changes, Oooh My Love, and All the Beautiful Worlds in their place..... I would die a happy person

I know, I know... I'm dreaming
Dream on silly dreamer
At 67 we should be grateful she is even considering touring at all, I doubt her voice can sustain singing continuously for long periods of time.
She's always had problem with her voice even in her youth, she did short sets and still her voice sounded sore after a while, I think had she played longer sets her voice woud have been even more damaged than what it already is.
Old 09-13-2015, 05:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree she should initially concentrate on her contributions to the Fleetwood Mac album.

After such an unprecedented epic world wide tour, you'd think she would be a bit road weary. I can't imagine her hitting the road again for a lengthy solo tour.
It would be very cool if she did a dozen or so shows in beautiful intimate venues, and performed most of the 24 Karat songs, along with just several staple numbers. Film the shows and make a documentary, selecting best performances from each show.

She should take advantage of the opportunity to re-market her album in the space between the mass exposure of the Fleetwood Mac tour and the hype that will surround forth-coming album. I would be very disappointed if she goes on the road with a stale, rote setlist, tentatively playing only three or four new songs. After singing songs like Dreams and Landslide a hundred times over on this last tour, will she still feel the need keep them in her next solo tour,or will she give them a much needed rest, allowing room new material and solo album song rarely or never performed? Her set shouldn't be guttered with the same old expected greatest hits/staples every single time.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 09-17-2015 at 06:17 PM..
Old 09-13-2015, 10:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope she tours.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 09-13-2015, 11:23 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
At 67 we should be grateful she is even considering touring at all, I doubt her voice can sustain singing continuously for long periods of time.
She's always had problem with her voice even in her youth, she did short sets and still her voice sounded sore after a while, I think had she played longer sets her voice woud have been even more damaged than what it already is.
I just saw 83 year old Loretta Lynn she still tours , she did 20 songs and engaged the audience before and after each song either with the story about the song , to take a request , or just to tell a bit about her life