User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-17-2013, 12:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mick's putting out a new autobiography

http://nickslive.blogspot.com/2013/0...scheduled.html

Apparently it's set to release in October.

Hope no one quits the band this time.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Is this new, or is this a reprint and update of his early 90's book "My Life and Adventures in Fleetwood Mac"?

Well I guess it is probably the same book for the episodes already covered in the first one, plus new chapters about the 90s and 2000s. Like "Fleetwood Mac: The First 30 Years" is an update of "Behind the Masks", as Bob Brunning said.

Anyway I would buy the book. I'd like to read what Mick has to say about these 20 last years.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:28 AM
Senior Ledgie

I'm guessing certain chapters from the old version will be vastly different this time around?
Old 03-17-2013, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
I'm guessing certain chapters from the old version will be vastly different this time around?
I was going to say "I hope but I don't think so", cause I found difficult Mick would take the effort to review and add more info.

But you know, it makes sense he would... cause probaby he will substract those episodes that annoyed the other members. I just hope he will add more interesting info about Mirage production, and other 80s episodes.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

hmmm I am wary about this. Although I would love to hear Mick's take on the past 20 years, I am perplexed that (like Rumours reissues)(in concert and CD)...why would he not want to tell the story in a different format. Movie, Musical, stage production?

Just seems to me that Mick (if he can't record new FM material) is content with the same rehashing of old concert staples and biography info.

This is just Another form of "milking it" IMO
Old 03-17-2013, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't really want to read any more commentary on things that were in the first book, but if he can give us new information about things that happened within the band after they reconvened for Clinton to the present, I guess I will cherish it.

If all they do is rehash what's in magazine articles we already have, I will do serious damage to that drum vest!

Michele
Old 03-17-2013, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
If all they do is rehash what's in magazine articles we already have, I will do serious damage to that drum vest!
That's how he did the research for the first book.The new book will contain excerpts from all the magazine clippings from back then to the present. Heck he'll probably even quote various statements from us Ledgies!
Old 03-17-2013, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
That's how he did the research for the first book.The new book will contain excerpts from all the magazine clippings from back then to the present. Heck he'll probably even quote various statements from us Ledgies!
Well I think many people who doesn't write journals may look for help in articles. Memory betrays us often. Mick's book is very good written, better than Bob's (a book also fed with articles). But of course an additional personal info is needed.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow a new book "My Life and Adventures in Fleetwood Mac Volume 2.

Mick probably just update his original book but we will see.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 03-17-2013, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

If we really think about it, there has been a pretty good amount of big events that have gone down with Fleetwood Mac since Mick's book has been published that I feel we don't have firm answers on, or that the Rumours folks have skirted/brushed over to varying degrees. I'd like to know more about the Rumours reunion for the Clinton inauguration, what went on behind the scenes/how was it pulled off? I still feel like we're missing some pieces on how the Dance reunion came together, too. Same goes for Christine's departure. Obviously we know almost nothing of Mick's recent divorce from his wife Lynn. I want to know more about his & John's decision to relocate to Hawaii. If John still is an avid sailor. And perhaps one of the most pressing question on us hardcore Mac fans minds: the story behind Bob Welch being locked out of the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame. For that matter, it'd be interesting to have Mick's collective thoughts on members of the Mac family passing away- Judy Wong, Bob Welch, and Bob Brunning. And how/why those people (amongst others who are still living) were reportedly shoved out from the Rumours folks lives. Mick also seems to have stopped talking about Peter Green & other pre '75 members; what's going on behind the scenes there? I'd love to see a narrative on the Time era. In their own way, the past 2 decades of Mac history have been just as eventful as the 2 decades before them.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
If John still is an avid sailor.
I think the answer to that is yes, based on Mick's alluding to John being on his boat during one of the recent spat of interviews.

I agree that a lot has happened in 23 years that Mick could give us good insight on. He just has to be willing to do that. If he just wants to earn a few quick bucks and he and his co-writer are mostly interested in knocking something off quick, it will be very disappointing, because there's such a potential wealth of information to be divulged.

Of course, whatever we get, we know that Mick's not going to tell the whole truth. For instance, even if he threw Christine under the bus to Wendy Welch, he's not going to do that in print, I don't think. He's not crazy. He just looks it.

Still, he'll give fans something to argue about for the next twenty years, if he and his writer do this thing right.

Michele
Old 03-18-2013, 12:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Well I think many people who doesn't write journals may look for help in articles. Memory betrays us often. Mick's book is very good written, better than Bob's (a book also fed with articles). But of course an additional personal info is needed.
Use them to assist your own personal recollections. Don't quote them verbatim. A good rule of thumb is that if you already see it quoted in Rolling Stone magazine, then don't repeat what Rolling Stone already said, give us that behind the scenes view that hasn't made it into print yet.

Michele
Old 03-24-2013, 11:39 PM
Senior Ledgie

Heart Bob Welch's book

Mick's will be written by a ghost writer and whitewashed like the last one. But Bob has written a book in his own words, that is quite fascinating. When I get through with Bob's estate, I will be working hard to get it out. You will all learn things that Mick would never say. The truth and nothing but the truth and the whole truth.

I just may compete with Mick's as I already have interest and am working on it as we speak.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy Welch View Post
Mick's will be written by a ghost writer and whitewashed like the last one. But Bob has written a book in his own words, that is quite fascinating. When I get through with Bob's estate, I will be working hard to get it out. You will all learn things that Mick would never say. The truth and nothing but the truth and the whole truth.

I just may compete with Mick's as I already have interest and am working on it as we speak.
I would love to read it Wendy, and would buy it in a minute.

As far as Mick's "stories" of FM, he would never do anything to wreck any future that FM has...thus we're stuck with his "drama queen" tales.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I wanna read about Bekka.

THE Stephen Hopkins