User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-31-2013, 01:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Rick Vito on iTunes

Just passing information.

All of Rick's solo material (with the exception of "King of Hearts" unfortunately) is available on iTunes.

My wife gave me iTunes gift cards for my birthday so I was able to get "Crazy Cool" and "Lucky Devils"! Love 'em!!

And yes, as soon as I saw the cards come out of the birthday card from my wife and kids, Rick's music was the first thing I thought of buying!!
Old 01-31-2013, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

YAY!!!

Those are my two faves of his (but then, no matter what two albums of his you would've named, I would've posted the same thing! )
Old 02-16-2013, 02:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
YAY!!!

Those are my two faves of his (but then, no matter what two albums of his you would've named, I would've posted the same thing! )
"King of Hearts" is not there, but I already have that one.

Vito is the bomb!! I heard a guy on a local radio station playing a guitar instrumental and it sounded just like something Rick would play. Of course, this guy is being touted like the best thing since sliced bread and I'm sitting there thinking "If they love this guy so much, why don't they play Rick Vito?" Obviously, the guy is a guitar genius, but in a ridiculously under appreciated genre.

I was listening to Hendrix play "Red House" on my iPod the other day, and it hit me like a ton of bricks: Rick and the MFBB would KILL that song!! Obviously, we are not looking at anyone doing a side solo project for at least another year or two, but I would totally love me some new recordings by the MFBB!! That is a wealth of talent that I would give virtually anything to see play live. Love the CD, love the video. Just wish they would have been doing more during this FM hiatus. Plenty of original FM material to recover if they wanted, plus some of Rick's more standout blues tunes, Mark Johnstone is more than capable of contributing as well.

Maybe in a few years when it comes to the 50th Anniversary of the founding of the band?? We can only hope, right?
Old 02-16-2013, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have every solo album Rick recorded and love every one of them. I always felt it would have been great if Rick was on the Time cd instead of Mason. I liked the Billy/Rick combo on Behind the Mask.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love "I Got a Hole in My Shoe"

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.