Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-01-2008, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Little-Known Christine Facts About THE DANCE TOUR

1. Christine didn't play the piano onstage for OH DADDY. Brett did (even though he doesn't appear to remember that he did).

Add your own little-known fact!

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-01-2008, 09:56 PM

Christine's hair got longer as the tour went on..... Her hair was very short during the rehearsals...
Old 08-01-2008, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She was seen shopping at Lenox Mall (Neiman Marcus I believe) with Stevie for scarves for the early Nov. concert here in Atlanta as it is unusualy cold and the area was an outdoor ampitheatre. They both looked esp. Dickensian for the concert.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 08-01-2008, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
She was seen shopping at Lenox Mall (Neiman Marcus I believe) with Stevie for scarves for the early Nov. concert here in Atlanta as it is unusualy cold and the area was an outdoor ampitheatre. They both looked esp. Dickensian for the concert.

Oh my god! I love it!
Old 08-02-2008, 07:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^

It was. I attended the concert as the companion of a handicap friend of mine. Sadly, the arena (Lakewood) failed to give me my folding chair, oversold the handicap area, and I had to sit on the freezing concrete ground (it was like 30 or so degrees)

As for the scarves, they were fabulous. I believe La Nicks referenced them in the concert, which, BTW, got started like an hour late because of some tech difficulty. I remember watching the concert and thinking how truly great they were together. That concert also was a blistering version of SS, wherein during the angry "NEVER GET AWAY" part, La Nicks turned her back on the audience to face LB who was standing behind her and she kept pointing at him in time and from up in the air (three times) --

That also is the best Oh Daddy I heard on that tour. CM was great at that show.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 08-02-2008, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
^^

It was. I attended the concert as the companion of a handicap friend of mine. Sadly, the arena (Lakewood) failed to give me my folding chair, oversold the handicap area, and I had to sit on the freezing concrete ground (it was like 30 or so degrees)

As for the scarves, they were fabulous. I believe La Nicks referenced them in the concert, which, BTW, got started like an hour late because of some tech difficulty. I remember watching the concert and thinking how truly great they were together. That concert also was a blistering version of SS, wherein during the angry "NEVER GET AWAY" part, La Nicks turned her back on the audience to face LB who was standing behind her and she kept pointing at him in time and from up in the air (three times) --

That also is the best Oh Daddy I heard on that tour. CM was great at that show.
It sounds as if the scarves inspired them.
Old 08-02-2008, 04:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

At the beginning of the tour, Christine would stay for NTF until just before Mick's guitar solo. Towards the end, she left at the beginning of the song.

At the beginning of the tour, after Songbird, Christine would go around and kiss Mick, John and Lindsey much like she did on the Dance dvd, but towards the end of the tour, all kisses stopped. Well, kisses at the end of the show stopped. She and Lindsey might still play around during Stand Back and GYOW.

Michele
Old 08-02-2008, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
At the beginning of the tour, Christine would stay for NTF until just before Mick's guitar solo. Towards the end, she left at the beginning of the song.
You mean she used to play on it & then stopped playing on it?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-02-2008, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
You mean she used to play on it & then stopped playing on it?
No, she continued to play on it, but she didn't play on it as long. Towards the end of the tour, it became a three-piece song (well, 3 pieces if you don't count the backing people) early on.

Michele
Old 08-09-2008, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Christine's hair got longer as the tour went on..... Her hair was very short during the rehearsals..."

Didn't she wear a wig at this time? She certainly looks to be during the Dance concert and also in the Rumours Classic Albums documentary.
Old 08-10-2008, 12:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Didn't she wear a wig at this time? She certainly looks to be during the Dance concert and also in the Rumours Classic Albums documentary.
I never thought she was wearing a wig during The Dance. I don't remember what her hair looked like in the Classic Albums documentary though.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 08-10-2008 at 03:05 PM..
Old 08-10-2008, 01:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes if you look closely, you'll notice that Christine has worn wigs fairly consistently since about 1987 (it's quite obvious in the Tango live dvd and the As Long As You Follow clip). Maybe this was Stevie's influence?
Old 08-10-2008, 07:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you for the facts, they are so so cool. Sadly I don't have any to contribute, but I thank you guys. Definately learned some things.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
No, she continued to play on it, but she didn't play on it as long. Towards the end of the tour, it became a three-piece song (well, 3 pieces if you don't count the backing people) early on.
Too bad about that. When the Fleetwoods did it in --what was it? 1980? Christine's contribution grew over time rather than diminished.

I have the source CD of the Mountain View 1997 show. Are you saying I'll hear less Chris on this than I will on a show from earlier in tour?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-10-2008, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Yes if you look closely, you'll notice that Christine has worn wigs fairly consistently since about 1987 (it's quite obvious in the Tango live dvd and the As Long As You Follow clip). Maybe this was Stevie's influence?
It is a little known fact that Christine is, in fact, completely bald.

Actually I just made that up because I have nothing to add to this discussion

Gail