Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Mick Fleetwood's Daughter Nearly Drowns

http://www.tmz.com/2008/07/21/mick-f...nearly-drowns/

The six-year-old daughter of Fleetwood Mac drummer Mick Fleetwood was rushed to the hospital Friday afternoon after a pool accident at his L.A. area home.

According to police sources, Fleetwood's daughter was doing cartwheels near the pool, hit her head, and fell in. She was taken to a nearby hospital and paramedics were able to fully revive her in the ambulance.

We're told she made a full recovery.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm so glad she's alright! I'll be keeping the Fleetwood family in my thoughts.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh my gosh....I'm glad that she's doing alright. The family will most certainly be in my thoughts.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What a close call. I'm glad tragedy was averted. Children and swimming pools, even when you teach them to swim early, there's always a danger.

Michele
Old 07-21-2008, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation

s c a r y
Old 07-21-2008, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I am so glad his little daughter is making a full recovery! This could have been a horrible tragedy. She has a little angel on her shoulder looking out for her!
Old 07-21-2008, 11:54 AM
Ledgie

i'm sure glad she's okay. however, what nutcase would let their child even run near the edge of a pool let alone do cartwheels? the first thing i say to my children when we enter a pool is no running, etc. just crazy.
diane
Old 07-21-2008, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink Uh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM View Post
what nutcase would let their child even run near the edge of a pool let alone do cartwheels?
the same nutcase that thinks fans want to hear him 'beat off' with his "Vestabation" during "World Turning".

Glad to see she will make a full recovery!!!

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 07-21-2008, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

FLEETWOOD MAC star MICK FLEETWOOD is breathing a sigh of relief after his daughter almost drowned at their Los Angeles home last Friday (18Jul08).
According to reports, the drummer's six-year-old child was showing off her gymnastic skills and doing cartwheels by the family pool when she hit her head and fell into the water.
An ambulance was called to the scene and she was revived by paramedics, before being admitted to a local hospital on Friday afternoon.
Fleetwood's daughter, from his marriage to Lynn Frankel, has since made a complete recovery, reports TMZ.com.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf...cident_1074915
Old 07-21-2008, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh my God. This is why I don’t swim or frolic near open water. Fleetwood Mac drummer, Mick Fleetwood, frantically called paramedics on Friday after his six year old daughter misfired on a cartwheel, knocking herself unconscious and falling into a nearby pool. She was rushed to a nearby Los Angeles hospital and treated.

According to TMZ, the little girl made a full recovery and is back home. I’ve always been irrationally afraid of the deep end, and this story certainly doesn’t help calm those fears. I’d like to send out a sincere thank God she’s okay smile to the entire Fleetwood family, as well as a stern be more careful next time glare aimed directly at the six year old, who was revived by E.M.T.s.

http://www.cinemablend.com/celebrity...ath-11399.html

Very nice photo of Mick in this article!!
Old 07-21-2008, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Published: Jul 21, 2008

Mick Fleetwood Daughter Tessa, Ruby Fleetwood Twin Tragedy Averted
by Mike Baron

Fleetwood Mac drummer Mick Fleetwood almost lost his six-year-old little girl after she nearly drowned in the family pool.

One of Mick Fleetwood's twin daughters, Ruby and Tessa Fleetwood, was rushed to the hospital Friday afternoon after she nearly drowned in the pool of the L.A. home.

Our friends at TMZ dish: According to police sources, Fleetwood's daughter was doing cartwheels near the pool, hit her head, and fell in. She was taken to a nearby hospital and paramedics were able to revive her fully in the ambulance. We're told she made a full recovery.

It seems Mick's daughters are no strangers to pools - and have always loved swimming. Mick wrote on his website MickFleetwood.Com on January 28, 2004: Hello everyone. Into the New Year we go – for me, all good so far. Have been at home in Maui with family and loving the experience. Ruby and Tessa (my twin daughters) are heading towards their 2nd birthday. Time seems to go so fast – “oh well.” They are loving the pool – you can imagine in Maui, not a hard thing for Mum or Dad to be right there for them.

Mick has four daughters, Amy Rose and Lucy and his young twin daughters - Ruby and Tessa, who were born on 27th of February.

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/or...12159403.shtml
Old 07-21-2008, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mick Fleetwood's Daughter Nearly Drowns

Just came across this on TMZ.

Mick Fleetwood's Daughter Nearly Drowns
Posted Jul 21st 2008 9:02AM by TMZ Staff

The six-year-old daughter of Fleetwood Mac drummer Mick Fleetwood was rushed to the hospital Friday afternoon after a pool accident at his L.A. area home.

According to police sources, Fleetwood's daughter was doing cartwheels near the pool, hit her head, and fell in. She was taken to a nearby hospital and paramedics were able to revive her fully in the ambulance.

We're told she made a full recovery.

http://www.tmz.com/2008/07/21/mick-f...nearly-drowns/

Luckily it turned out alright. Could have been a real tragedy.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Responds To Inaccurate Near-drowning Story
By WENN, July 22 2008

LATEST: FLEETWOOD MAC founder MICK FLEETWOOD has issued a statement following reports his six-year-old daughter almost drowned at his family home in California on Friday (18Jul08).

The rocker's daughter Ruby is recovering in hospital after falling into a swimming pool, but Fleetwood insists she wasn't at her own home when the incident occurred.

A Fleetwood spokesman says, "On Friday, Ruby and her twin sister Tessa were on a playdate with close friends of the family at a pool in the Hidden Hills area of Los Angeles.

"Contrary to recent Internet reports, the child was not doing cartwheels near the pool and did not hit her head. The accident did not occur at the Fleetwoods' home."

The spokesperson confirms Ruby passed out in the pool and was revived by CPR before she was taken by ambulance to West Hills Hospital. She was later transferred to Cedars-Sinai Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, where she is currently being treated.

Attending doctor, Keith Kumble, confirms young Ruby is in critical, but stable condition.

He says, "Ruby was the victim of an accident that is potentially extremely serious, but she is doing quite well and the medical staff at (hospital) Cedars (Sinai) is optimistic that she will make a full recovery."

http://www.showbizspy.com/news/07212...drowning-story
Old 07-21-2008, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Daughter of Fleetwood Mac Drummer Mick Fleetwood in Critical, but Stable Condition after Pool Accident in Los Angeles

Last update: 5:16 p.m. EDT July 21, 2008
BURBANK, Calif., Jul 21, 2008 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- The six-year-old daughter of Fleetwood Mac drummer Mick Fleetwood is in critical, but stable condition today after a pool accident in Los Angeles on Friday.
"Ruby was the victim of an accident that is potentially extremely serious, but she is doing quite well and the medical staff here at Cedars is optimistic that she will make a full recovery," says Dr. Keith Kimble, attending staff at the Cedars Sinai Pediatric Intensive Care Unit in Los Angeles.
On Friday, Ruby and her twin sister Tessa were on a playdate with close friends of the family at a pool in the Hidden Hills area of Los Angeles. Contrary to recent Internet reports, the child was not doing cartwheels near the pool and did not hit her head. The accident did not occur at the Fleetwoods' home.
Fleetwood's wife Lynn says that Ruby is an extremely strong swimmer. The family says she was doing somersaults in the pool, became disoriented, and believes she must have swallowed a high quantity of water. She became unconscious in the pool, was revived by CPR, and was rushed by ambulance to West Hills Hospital where she was stabilized. Several hours later, she was transferred to Cedars Sinai Pediatric ICU where she is currently being treated.
The Fleetwood family asks that the media respect its privacy during this difficult time.
SOURCE: Luke Burland, Spokesperson to the Fleetwood family
Spokesperson to the Fleetwood family:
Luke Burland, 615-418-6661
luke.burland@wbr.com

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/daughter-fleetwood-mac-drummer-mick/story.aspx?guid={DF929E4A-1500-490C-A3DB-AE6E34C8CB2F}&dist=hppr
Old 07-21-2008, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Daughter of Fleetwood Mac Drummer Mick Fleetwood in Critical, but ...
MarketWatch - 5 hours ago
BURBANK, Calif., Jul 21, 2008 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- The six-year-old daughter of Fleetwood Mac drummer Mick Fleetwood is in critical, but stable condition ...

Fleetwood Responds To Inaccurate Near-drowning Story
Showbiz Spy, UK - 1 hour ago
By WENN, July 22 2008 LATEST: FLEETWOOD MAC founder MICK FLEETWOOD has issued a statement following reports his six-year-old daughter almost drowned at his ...

Mick Fleetwood's Daughter in Hospital
KGET 17, CA - 4 hours ago
Ruby Fleetwood, the 6-year-old daughter of musician Mick Fleetwood, was hospitalized at Cedars Sinai Pediatric ICU after losing consciousness in a swimming ...

Mick Fleetwood Daughter Tessa, Ruby Fleetwood Twin Tragedy Averted
Post Chronicle - 9 hours ago
by Mike Baron Fleetwood Mac drummer Mick Fleetwood almost lost his six-year-old little girl after she nearly drowned in the family pool. ...

FLEETWOOD MAC - FLEETWOOD'S DAUGHTER RECOVERING AFTER POOL ACCIDENT
Contactmusic.com, UK - 11 hours ago
FLEETWOOD MAC star MICK FLEETWOOD is breathing a sigh of relief after his daughter almost drowned at their Los Angeles home last Friday (18Jul08). ...

Daughter of Fleetwood Mac star survives pool accident
AFP - 3 hours ago
LOS ANGELES (AFP) — The daughter of Fleetwood Mac drummer Mick Fleetwood was in a critical condition at a Los Angeles hospital on Monday after a swimming ...

Mick Fleetwood's Daughter in Stable Condition After Pool Accident
People Magazine - 4 hours ago
By Julia Wang Fleetwood Mac drummer Mick Fleetwood's 6-year-old daughter Ruby is in critical but stable condition following a pool accident Friday in Los ...