User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-02-2004, 12:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lightbulb Laugh out loud

What instances make you laugh out loud? I just listened to Lindsey's Centerstage performance of Don't Look Down and when he yelps, I just die laughing. He sounds like a dog whos tail was stepped on.
Old 12-02-2004, 01:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie's orangatan shimmy/punching weird ass dance thing during Gold Dust Woman on LIB.
Old 12-02-2004, 01:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I believe the clip is from 'Top Of The Pops,' but it's been a long time since I've watched it.... Stevie walks out on the stage to sing "Rooms On Fire," and goes to throw her customary bouquet into the audience.

Well, she tosses it and that sucker falls... splat... about two feet in front of her on the stage. She shuffles forward, picks it up and just hands it to someone in the front row.

It's one of those sad but hysterical moments all at the same time.
Old 12-02-2004, 01:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

On the FM front...just watching the whole of the Destiny Rules dvd recently, made me quietly giggle from start to finish,and I think it's based on my perception of who, I figure each character to be...esp the LB/SN thing (whatever that may be).
Off the FM front, it's got to be Dame Edna Everidge, she's hilarious and always makes me laugh out LOUD.
Old 12-02-2004, 01:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just about any live version of Not That Funny.
Old 12-02-2004, 02:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I pretty much laugh out loud every time I listen to "Family Man" and that low-pitched "family man" part comes up. (The part that most definitely is NOT Lindsey's voice). My best friend says it sounds "gross," so I have to think of her, too. And I pretty much always laugh out loud during "WISYA" when Stevie says "Whatsamattababy" for the sixteenth time. I just can't help but laugh because it never ends!

And I have this live acoustic version of "Gypsy" in which neither Stevie nor Lindsey really sounds all that great. Stevie's not hitting some of the notes, but Lindsey takes the cake because he sounds awful when he starts up the "lightning strikes..." He sounds like a hick for some reason, too.

Have I attacked all the things people like now?

Hillary
Old 12-02-2004, 03:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Mick's World Turning routine makes me laugh at times.

Christine is always cracking jokes!
Old 12-02-2004, 04:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

An old "Tusk" tour rehearsal when the power goes out during "Rhiannon" and Stevie blurts out "It's not that FUNNY is it?"

Live in Boston, "Second Hand News" when Lindsey and Stevie are fighting to get through the verses without losing their breath.

The "Tusk" routine where Lindsey gets all psyched up on this last tour. Watching his energy level jump up after ISA, Tusk and the drum into to Stand Back is so much fun.

The end of "Don't Stop" on the Live 1980 album where it just...stops (how's that for ironic), Lindsey plucks at his broken guitar as we hear Christine say something like "did you break a string, Lindsey?" and the crowd dub fades in. Just cracks me up - what a WEIRD choice for a live compilation...

"The Dance" - after Lindsey finishes up his nervous and rocky "My Little Demon" intro and he looks over to Christine and she nods in approval as if to pat him on the back and say 'see, that wasn't so bad, was it?'

The end of "Deep Dense" when Mick starts drumming like crazy and Lindsey's distorted little squeaky voice starts going off. Classic "wait...WHAT?" moment.

Doo! Do-do-doo! Do-do-do! Do-do-do-do-do-do-do! Do-do-do! TUSK! Doo-doo-DOO-doo...
Old 12-02-2004, 04:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
What instances make you laugh out loud? I just listened to Lindsey's Centerstage performance of Don't Look Down and when he yelps, I just die laughing. He sounds like a dog whos tail was stepped on.
I love that. Cracks me up when he does his little yelps. That version of "Tusk" has a good one when he goes "DONCHATELLMETHATCHAWANTME" at the end. Gets me every time. His welcome speech is good too, so self-conscious. "As long as no one shouts out Go Your Own Way TOO early, we'll get along fine..."

Doo! Do-do-doo! Do-do-do! Do-do-do-do-do-do-do! Do-do-do! TUSK! Doo-doo-DOO-doo...
Old 12-02-2004, 06:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

The Madison bootleg vid of this year where Lindsey keeps having guitar problems.... So he does some sit ups.... And some push-ups on stage.... Stevie is killing herself laughing at him... that whole situation where his guitars were all out of tune was pretty funny... just to see them on the spot and have to improve the empty moments was pretty funny.
Old 12-02-2004, 06:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan
The Madison bootleg vid of this year where Lindsey keeps having guitar problems.... So he does some sit ups.... And some push-ups on stage.... Stevie is killing herself laughing at him... that whole situation where his guitars were all out of tune was pretty funny... just to see them on the spot and have to improve the empty moments was pretty funny.

I was there and it was pretty funny. All of a sudden LB gets down on the ground and does sit-ups and push-ups.

Here is a photo that I took that night.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Madison 139PT.JPG (46.1 KB, 122 views)
Old 12-02-2004, 07:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnchantedSLN
Just about any live version of Not That Funny.
Ah, yes. Those are painful.
Old 12-02-2004, 07:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I was there and it was pretty funny. All of a sudden LB gets down on the ground and does sit-ups and push-ups.
Great photo Patti. The very moment when Stevie turns from speaking to the audience towards Lindsey and then sees him on the ground about to do the first round of exercises... is the part that gets me! It looks and sounds like she's about to burst with laughter.
Old 12-02-2004, 11:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The Japan Backstage footage....Chris' drunken interview is a riot! Stevie is just coked up. It's just a total ball of fun.

At the end of the Mirage video when Stevie and Chris are "fighting" over who gets the gifts from the audience.

Mick in those short short short shorts in the Tusk Doc.....(well, more gross than funny, but I still laugh)

The dove part in Red Rocks
Old 12-02-2004, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know if it's noticable on the vid, but at the AHI 2000 benefit, Stevie started the show at the wrong mic. The first line of OSTR was nothing but dead air for everyone not in the front rows. When she realized she was on a dead mic she looked over and noticed she wasn't at the one with all the ribbons hanging from it. She quickly ran over to hers and continued without missing a beat. It was funny.